yes
65%
no
35%

Total votes: 65

Artemis

Re: TGEA simple poll

#81 Post by Artemis » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:27 pm

Pure Method wrote:people liking this album makes me want to give it another chance.

what do I need to like it? headphones...anything else?
:lol: are you feeling some peer pressure to like it?

i will confess that i am done with it. don't hate it, just indifferent. i may pick it up again, but i am not compelled to listen. i still maintain my rating of 7/10. guess i am interested in other music more than TGEA.

i haven't listened to TGEA for a couple of weeks.

JOEinPHX

#82 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:37 pm

Pure Method wrote:people liking this album makes me want to give it another chance.

Wine might help you.

I still give it a 7/10 though.

imail724

#83 Post by imail724 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:05 pm

7/10 seems about right to me. Nothing mind-blowing. Just good music.

cursed male

#84 Post by cursed male » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:49 am

Artemis wrote:i will confess that i am done with it. don't hate it, just indifferent. i may pick it up again, but i am not compelled to listen. i still maintain my rating of 7/10.
That's exactly how I feel about TGEA myself at the moment. Unfortunately.

Enron

#85 Post by Enron » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:15 pm

SOLID.

Kajicat

#86 Post by Kajicat » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:33 pm

TGEA moved up from 6.5/10 to 7/10 for me.
It's been in my car non stop since it came out but today I finally decided to put it away for a bit.

creep
Site Admin

#87 Post by creep » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:01 am

Kajicat wrote: It's been in my car non stop since it came out but today I finally decided to put it away for a bit.
kind of like people posting on this website. it was busy when the album came out now it's dead...

Larry B.

#88 Post by Larry B. » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:09 am

creep wrote:
Kajicat wrote: It's been in my car non stop since it came out but today I finally decided to put it away for a bit.
kind of like people posting on this website. it was busy when the album came out now it's dead...
Sometimes I wish I lived with you, so that I could pee all over your face while you sleep.

Japhy

#89 Post by Japhy » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:38 am

creep wrote:
Blame the band for that though... they should have been backing this album up by touring it straight away - there should also be a video / single doing heavy rotation somewhere. But no, it's all on hold once again until Feb at best (and we still don't know where that tour will be).

On the plus side, Perry seemed to be saying on Twitter that Of Course could well be back in the live show sometime soon... we all know that EA wanted to bring it back 2-3 years ago... so that will be cool if it happens. But that's the problem - it's always "if" with this band... plus all the lengthy pauses between happenings.

Larry B.

#90 Post by Larry B. » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:46 am

Plus, it's plain lame and pathetic knowing that Eric wanted something, proposed it and Perry said no, and that now Perry is like "you know what? I have this awesome idea: let's play Of Course! godfuck i'm a genius"

Of course, this same thing happened with writing new songs, bringing new shit to the setlists, etc.

creep
Site Admin

#91 Post by creep » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:32 pm

Larry B. wrote:Plus, it's plain lame and pathetic knowing that Eric wanted something, proposed it and Perry said no, and that now Perry is like "you know what? I have this awesome idea: let's play Of Course! godfuck i'm a genius"

Of course, this same thing happened with writing new songs, bringing new shit to the setlists, etc.
yeah that is exactly what happened. :conf:

JOEinPHX

#92 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:42 pm

Larry B. wrote:Plus, it's plain lame and pathetic knowing that Eric wanted something, proposed it and Perry said no, and that now Perry is like "you know what? I have this awesome idea: let's play Of Course! godfuck i'm a genius"

Sounds like Perry was doing things just to put Eric in his place. In order to not relinquish any control of the band.

Sad really.

Jane's stopped being about music and 100% about Perry's desire for power a very long time ago. But still, it's surprising that even as a 50 year old man he still can't admit the band was just as much Eric's as it was his. :no:

creep
Site Admin

#93 Post by creep » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:46 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:

Sounds like Perry was doing things just to put Eric in his place. In order to not relinquish any control of the band.

Sad really.

Jane's stopped being about music and 100% about Perry's desire for power a very long time ago. But still, it's surprising that even as a 50 year old man he still can't admit the band was just as much Eric's as it was his. :no:
you two come up with the silliest anti perry stuff. you are like two old women gossiping at the hair salon.

since the setlists have tightened up since eric has left i guess perry is just trying to show chaney who is boss.

Warped

#94 Post by Warped » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:54 pm

I don't care about all the stuff Perry said then and then, i know which kind of ego problem he has, live with it or not, still i think he is a great frontman on stage and in the end, when i will go to see them live, that is all that matters. I also have no problem with admitting that i really like the new album, still. Even the songs i disliked first i don't skip anymore. It's been on my player every day. :wave:

Larry B.

#95 Post by Larry B. » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:43 pm

creep wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:

Sad really.

you two come up with the silliest anti perry stuff. you are like two old women gossiping at the hair salon.

since the setlists have tightened up since eric has left i guess perry is just trying to show chaney who is boss.
I've been right about all things I've said regarding Perry... is that so bad? :noclue:

Pure Method

#96 Post by Pure Method » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:54 pm

Artemis wrote:

:lol: are you feeling some peer pressure to like it?

i will confess that i am done with it. don't hate it, just indifferent. i may pick it up again, but i am not compelled to listen. i still maintain my rating of 7/10. guess i am interested in other music more than TGEA.

i haven't listened to TGEA for a couple of weeks.
It just seems liker there's real disconnect between what I'm hearing and what people are writing about. I relistened to twisted tales tho and hated it less (mild distaste).

I'll never listen to this album, but that's ok. glad some of my internet friends are getting more pleasure out of it than I.

MYXYLPLYX

#97 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:33 pm

Fuck, I left the CD in the rental today. I didn't even have a chance to rip it to my iPod.

And yet, I can't be bothered to call them and try and recover it. Part of me says it was meant to be... :noclue:

paintsrdri

#98 Post by paintsrdri » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:25 am

Hey I'll send U a copy what your address?

JOEinPHX

#99 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:03 pm

creep wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:

Sad really.

What are you talking about? That shit is documented. 12.5% or Perry walks. Perry claiming that NME was going to be all about him. Eric saying Perry wouldn't let him jam with the band, etc....

MYXYLPLYX

#100 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:42 pm

paintsrdri wrote:Hey I'll send U a copy what your address?
Thanks paints, that's very nice of you to offer. But I'm afraid it would be a waste as I probably wouldn't ever listen to it.

:noclue: :wave:

kv

#101 Post by kv » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:26 pm

good call, i wouldn't give paints my address either :hehe: