AC tonight

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Leto

Re: AC tonight

#21 Post by Leto » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:54 pm

cabangbangq wrote:
bman wrote:Arcade fire will not cause 20,000 fans in each city to lose their minds the way way ja once did. The suburbs album, to me, is awful. Adult contemporary bs.
Arcade Fire is the best live band in the world right now
Only if you like that sort of music.
I have to agree with bman, adult contemporary bs is a spot on assessment.

Pandemonium

#22 Post by Pandemonium » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:38 am

Leto wrote:
cabangbangq wrote:
bman wrote:Arcade fire will not cause 20,000 fans in each city to lose their minds the way way ja once did. The suburbs album, to me, is awful. Adult contemporary bs.
I'd rate Jane's new one ambient mood music.

LJF

#23 Post by LJF » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:24 am

Pandemonium wrote:
Leto wrote:
cabangbangq wrote:
I'd say it's heavier than ambient mood music, but it does have that feel. So maybe they are breaking new ground again, let's call it, heavy ambient hover round mood music.

CaseyContrarian

#24 Post by CaseyContrarian » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:10 am

LJF wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
Leto wrote:
cabangbangq wrote:
I'd say it's heavier than ambient mood music, but it does have that feel. So maybe they are breaking new ground again, let's call it, heavy ambient hover round mood music.
It's actually edgier than Arcade Fire, which is essentially the ongoing Springsteen-ification of "indie rock." The rest of indie now sounds like learner's curve throwback pop drenched in reverb, or yelpy yacht rock made by kids who listened to their parents playing "Graceland" during playdates.

Although it's not, nor will ever be, "real" JA, TGEA is far better than most of that dreck. Just wish they coulda worked with Trent, Artticus and Eric. Sigh.

Artemis

#25 Post by Artemis » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:07 am

i'm reading the above few posts and asking myself, "do i need to clean the cauliflour out of my ears?" we are listening to the same records but hearing different things. i don't think there is anything edgy or ambient about TGEA. i suppose if you normally listen to speedmetal it would seem ambient. and arcade fire sounds nothing like bruce springsteen. i think i must be occupying a completely different aural universe. :lol:

though the style of music is different, i would take anything that Arcade Fire puts over JA right now.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#26 Post by Hokahey » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:27 am

Whoa whoa. Arcade Fire blow Jane's out of the water these days. AMAZING live show. The Suburbs is orobably the best overall album to come out in a decade. Adult contemporary? Month of May? Ready to Start? Maaan. If I wasnt on my phone postung this I'd link some vids of them killing it live, crowd going crazy...

Check out Lies from Coachella on Youtube.

Tyler Durden

#27 Post by Tyler Durden » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:44 am

bman wrote:They know how to play these songs after all these years.
They'd better; they've been playing the same 15 or so songs for years now. :confused:

bman wrote:I think the first intro lyrics is a backing track...
Gee, are you sure about that? :lol:

autumnan

#28 Post by autumnan » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:16 am

The Suburbs just keeps on giving. A great record and successor to the JA torch in a number of ways, imho.

(sorry to continue the off-topic trend)

Pandemonium

#29 Post by Pandemonium » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:49 am

Artemis wrote:i suppose if you normally listen to speedmetal it would seem ambient
(Shhhhh, I was being sarcastic but let's keep it between us and let the comedy continue.)

Artemis

#30 Post by Artemis » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:43 am

Pandemonium wrote:
Artemis wrote:i suppose if you normally listen to speedmetal it would seem ambient
(Shhhhh, I was being sarcastic but let's keep it between us and let the comedy continue.)

:dunce: Sometimes it's hard to tell for me who is being serious and who isn't.