Perry Interview / WAAF

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
cursed male

Perry Interview / WAAF

#1 Post by cursed male » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:25 am

Listen to [Mistress Carrie's] interview with Perry Farrell from Jane’s Addiction
20 October 2011

Perry Farrell from Jane’s Addiction called [Mistress Carrie] today to talk about the new Jane’s album ‘The Great Escape Artist’, the bands reunion, the upcomming tour, baseball, and so much more! Click below to listen to the interview.

http://blogs.waaf.com/mistresscarrie/20 ... addiction/

cursed male

Re: Perry Interview / WAAF

#2 Post by cursed male » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:31 am

So Perry and um.. Etty(?) are developing a new TV show for next year... More about music than reality... Hmmm...

creep
Site Admin

#3 Post by creep » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:18 am

cursed male wrote:So Perry and um.. Etty(?) are developing a new TV show for next year... More about music than reality... Hmmm...
:lolol: i hope this happens

Romeo

#4 Post by Romeo » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:25 am

:lolol:

But wait.
I thought he hated reality TV....
But he doesn't hate the Benjamin's!

creep
Site Admin

#5 Post by creep » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:29 am

Romeo wrote::lolol:

But wait.
it can't be all about the money. i just think he really wants etty to have a successful career in music.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#6 Post by Hokahey » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:33 am

Man. Just when I had forgotten that stupid tv show. Come ON Perry. Stop it. You guys made a decent album. Keep the momentum in the right direction.

leviticus

#7 Post by leviticus » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:59 am

Hopefully that show never happens. He is so good at throwing out half baked ideas that are quickly forgotten.

Tyler Durden

#8 Post by Tyler Durden » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:19 am

Why does Perry go back and forth like this? After he managed to regain some integrity with Jane's (via NIN/JA), he then pissed it away with silly songs with his wife and garbage like Married To Rock or whatever it was called. Now that "Jane's Addiction" is back and going in an interesting direction (according to some people anyway), he's now threatening the world with a PerryEtty tv show? What the fuck? Ohhh...but it is going to focus more on music and less on "reality"; is this going to be a variety show like Sonny & Cher?!

As for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame...do you think Eric will show up when they are inducted?

Pandemonium

#9 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:37 am

Tyler Durden wrote:As for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame...do you think Eric will show up when they are inducted?
No.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#10 Post by Hokahey » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:40 am

I'm pretty sure Eric always said he'd do it. I think that was before NINJA though. I bet he still would. I would think the bigger question is would Perry allow it?

creep
Site Admin

#11 Post by creep » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:07 am

we seem to have this discussion every few months.

Tyler Durden

#12 Post by Tyler Durden » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:18 am

hokahey wrote:I'm pretty sure Eric always said he'd do it. I think that was before NINJA though. I bet he still would. I would think the bigger question is would Perry allow it?
Yeah, Eric said in the past that he wanted to do it. I can see him still having the balls to go to the induction, even after the xiola interview. In his mind (and others), what he revealed was objective reality; he never "lied".

I'm not sure Perry can prevent him from being inducted. And regardless of how Perry feels about Eric, that would be so wrong. Jane's Addiction will be inducted based on their original incarnation, not because of anything they have done in the past 14 years. If Chris Chaney got inducted with them, I would start showing up at their shows with rotten tomatoes.

tcrock

#13 Post by tcrock » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:46 am

why do people think they are getting inducted into the Rock n Roll HOF anyway (not that it means anything), I sure don't see that happening.

Tyler Durden

#14 Post by Tyler Durden » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:52 am

tcrock wrote:why do people think they are getting inducted into the Rock n Roll HOF anyway (not that it means anything), I sure don't see that happening.
At the very least, Perry will be inducted. But I am pretty sure Jane's Addiction will. They have the respect of their peers (many of whom are way more successful and have a lot of pull in the industry) and influenced countless bands.

Romeo

#15 Post by Romeo » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:53 am

creep wrote:
Romeo wrote::lolol:

But wait.
it can't be all about the money. i just think he really wants etty to have a successful career in music.
did you type that with a straight face??? :lol: