live chat

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
sonny

Re: live chat

#26 Post by sonny » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:11 pm

Deconstruction wrote:lol they didn't answer ONE good question.
are we surprised by this?

sonny

#27 Post by sonny » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:16 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
hokahey wrote:Perry was especially pissed when they found out the Spin article was being expanded in to a book. They cut off all contact with the author immediately. He has said when it's time to tell his story he'll tell it in his own book.
I remember that. But didn't Dave and Stephen contribute to the book (given what happened during the Strays debacle)? Or was their info just acquired from the initial Spin story and other cited articles?
everyone except perry farrell cooperated beyond the SPIN article for the book, including the surrounding cast that is quoted in the book. the author was emailing me while working on the book for this or that. he tried multiple times to get perry to contribute more and only decided to do the book after the SPIN article was done. i'm sure perry felt duped and who can blame him.

perry doesn't want anyone writing about him, because it'll likely be the truth. much like EA's interview. he'd rather spin it, like him saying he got rid of eric avery and jane says isn't about jane bainter or three days isn't about casey niccoli, etc.

once perry writes his book, it'll be so out of whack with the truth, we'll need a counter book to point out the spin.

cashinnowperry

#28 Post by cashinnowperry » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:51 pm

sonny wrote:
once perry writes his book, it'll be so out of whack with the truth, we'll need a counter book to point out the spin.
Ready to start your career as an author?

I thought it was hilarious how much they ragged on Whores/Brendan Mullen. On one end you have RHCP commemorating him in a song, and at the other end during today's "chat" Perry said he wants to choke him to death, but Chaney points out that he's already "underground."

sonny

#29 Post by sonny » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:52 pm

cashinnowperry wrote:
sonny wrote:

I thought it was hilarious how much they ragged on Whores/Brendan Mullen. On one end you have RHCP commemorating him in a song, and at the other end during today's "chat" Perry said he wants to choke him to death, but Chaney points out that he's already "underground."
just plain disrespectful really. it's surprising how much these guys are bowing to perry's opinions and direction. they really are towing the line.

cashinnowperry

#30 Post by cashinnowperry » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:04 pm

sonny wrote:
just plain disrespectful really. it's surprising how much these guys are bowing to perry's opinions and direction. they really are towing the line.
I guess we know who the "real head" was, eh?

Juana

#31 Post by Juana » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:54 pm

Wonder if Perry is jealous of RHCP success.. also wonder if Dave still is proud of OHM as he has said in the past it was the most successful album he had worked on. Guess someone could have asked that then got banned on twitter / FB / G+ / JA.com and whatever else they could try to control. :lolol:

Romeo

#32 Post by Romeo » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:04 am

sonny wrote:
cashinnowperry wrote:
sonny wrote:

We know how it'll go, they'll put up with Perry's shit for about another year then..."hiatus" time again. And Dave will be back doing his nightclub appearances for $$

Japhy

#33 Post by Japhy » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:41 am

Romeo wrote:
sonny wrote:
cashinnowperry wrote:
sonny wrote:

We know how it'll go, they'll put up with Perry's shit for about another year then..."hiatus" time again. And Dave will be back doing his nightclub appearances for $$
Yeah, yeah, yeah... but you know you're wishing you'd have gone to the show last night now. That's a good set-list whatever camp you sit in.

Romeo

#34 Post by Romeo » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:17 am

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa no. :lol: not at all....
but thanks.

CaseyContrarian

#35 Post by CaseyContrarian » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:23 am

sonny wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:
hokahey wrote:Perry was especially pissed when they found out the Spin article was being expanded in to a book. They cut off all contact with the author immediately. He has said when it's time to tell his story he'll tell it in his own book.
I remember that. But didn't Dave and Stephen contribute to the book (given what happened during the Strays debacle)? Or was their info just acquired from the initial Spin story and other cited articles?
everyone except perry farrell cooperated beyond the SPIN article for the book, including the surrounding cast that is quoted in the book. the author was emailing me while working on the book for this or that. he tried multiple times to get perry to contribute more and only decided to do the book after the SPIN article was done. i'm sure perry felt duped and who can blame him.

perry doesn't want anyone writing about him, because it'll likely be the truth. much like EA's interview. he'd rather spin it, like him saying he got rid of eric avery and jane says isn't about jane bainter or three days isn't about casey niccoli, etc.

Let me know if you need an editor. :thumb:

creep
Site Admin

#36 Post by creep » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:59 am

CaseyContrarian wrote:
sonny wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:

you can be responsible for changing the yr's to your and you're.

bman

#37 Post by bman » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:07 am

I thought that book sucked as soon as it came out. Dave and Perkins didn't contrubute to it. Any quotes were ripped from previous magazine interviews and public statements. The timing is completely off too. I knew more just from getting my hands on every interview back in the day. and who cares now anyway. For some reason there are a handful of die hards who simply hate Perry for some reason and just want him to fail. Oh well, you can't please everybody. All I know is they are still a killer band and they now get along. Things are great right now, whether Sonny or Romeo want to believe it or not!

SR

#38 Post by SR » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:12 am

cashinnowperry wrote:
sonny wrote:

Is this true? Banished forever to the blow me line. :whip:

trevor ayer

#39 Post by trevor ayer » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:35 am

seemed like they were getting tons of really mean spirited questions and it was pissing off perry

then they got all mad about the book but didn't want to sound like ninnys complaining but kept on complaining anyway then kept trying to seem casual and not uptight but then kept getting bad questions and getting more uptight .. then perry asked the producer if he could block the mean questions .. then he got told no .. then dave tried to find a nice question but there werent any .. then they kept having to remember to be sure and "include" chris in the answering of questions .. then they decided they were only going to answer really stupid questions .. then someone pulled the plug because there were thousands of "why does the new record suck?" questions .. so they ended it after 7 whole minutes ..

Romeo

#40 Post by Romeo » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:36 am

creep wrote:
CaseyContrarian wrote:
sonny wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:

you can be responsible for changing the yr's to your and you're.
:lol:

bman

#41 Post by bman » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:38 am

trevor ayer wrote:seemed like they were getting tons of really mean spirited questions and it was pissing off perry

then they got all mad about the book but didn't want to sound like ninnys complaining but kept on complaining anyway then kept trying to seem casual and not uptight but then kept getting bad questions and getting more uptight .. then perry asked the producer if he could block the mean questions .. then he got told no .. then dave tried to find a nice question but there werent any .. then they kept having to remember to be sure and "include" chris in the answering of questions .. then they decided they were only going to answer really stupid questions .. then someone pulled the plug because there were thousands of "why does the new record suck?" questions .. so they ended it after 7 whole minutes ..

Actually NOt...I was in the live chat room. ALL of the questions were lame..Like, who would like to eat lunch with dead or alive. And Dave was the only one looking at a computer and looking for questions.

Romeo

#42 Post by Romeo » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:41 am

bman wrote:I thought that book sucked as soon as it came out. Dave and Perkins didn't contrubute to it. Any quotes were ripped from previous magazine interviews and public statements. The timing is completely off too. I knew more just from getting my hands on every interview back in the day. and who cares now anyway. For some reason there are a handful of die hards who simply hate Perry for some reason and just want him to fail. Oh well, you can't please everybody. All I know is they are still a killer band and they now get along. Things are great right now, whether Sonny or Romeo want to believe it or not!
DUDE seriously some of us don't wear the same rose colored glasses you do. Your like the dog who gets beat but always goes in with a tail wagging for another beating.
Some of us are past that and don't care.
They now get along? They did in 1997...then they didn't....then they did in 2001...then they didn't...they did in 2003....then they didn't. For fucks sake if anything history constantly repeats itself with this band. BUT as long as they have people like you to shell out $100 for the same swill they will "get along" long enough to collect your funds...

Essence_Smith

#43 Post by Essence_Smith » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:20 am

The day Jane's fans can get along is the day the band will...and that is never... :wink: :lol:

Romeo

#44 Post by Romeo » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:51 am

Essence_Smith wrote:The day Jane's fans can get along is the day the band will...and that is never... :wink: :lol:
:lol:

:nod:

sonny

#45 Post by sonny » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:29 pm

bman wrote:I thought that book sucked as soon as it came out. Dave and Perkins didn't contrubute to it. Any quotes were ripped from previous magazine interviews and public statements. The timing is completely off too. I knew more just from getting my hands on every interview back in the day. and who cares now anyway. For some reason there are a handful of die hards who simply hate Perry for some reason and just want him to fail. Oh well, you can't please everybody. All I know is they are still a killer band and they now get along. Things are great right now, whether Sonny or Romeo want to believe it or not!
you are misinformed. and mike over at ja.org might disagree with you on the value of that book. he seems to get a lot of great info from the book or at least starting points to find other information.

like it or not, whores is the best jane's addiction bio to date.

even dave's "year in the life" book was less informative.

we don't want perry to fail, but we aren't so blind we can't recognize when he is failing. i know it's a hard truth for some.

as far as the "you can't please everybody" perryetty has taken that saying to new heights. it's a true statement, but there is some truth in the negative comments and you shouldn't ignore them all.

this isn't about just perry either, dave and perk are shills for his shit now. they will tow the line and "yes sir" him all the way to the bank. they will keep cashing in on jane's addiction until it's all used up. who can blame 'em, they're talent is shrinking and they couldn't write a song to save their lives(without outside songwriters, of course), that's clear.

Tyler Durden

#46 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:32 pm

sonny wrote:
you are misinformed. and mike over at ja.org might disagree with you on the value of that book. he seems to get a lot of great info from the book or at least starting points to find other information.

we don't want perry to fail, but we aren't so blind we can't recognize when he is failing. i know it's a hard truth for some.

as far as the "you can't please everybody" perryetty has taken that saying to new heights. it's a true statement, but there is some truth in the negative comments and you shouldn't ignore them all.

this isn't about just perry either, dave and perk are shills for his shit now. they will tow the line and "yes sir" him all the way to the bank. they will keep cashing in on jane's addiction until it's all used up. who can blame 'em, they're talent is shrinking and they couldn't write a song to save their lives(without outside songwriters, of course), that's clear.
Amen, Sonny. :thumb:

CaseyContrarian

#47 Post by CaseyContrarian » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:47 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
sonny wrote:

Yep, this is the Sonny I love. Critical, but measured. Where did angry hyperbole Sonny go?

sonny

#48 Post by sonny » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:20 pm

CaseyContrarian wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:
sonny wrote:

Yep, this is the Sonny I love. Critical, but measured. Where did angry hyperbole Sonny go?
i'm finding some common ground finally. i haven't changed, one bit. people are saying what i said already.

perry sucks, we all know it. it's just hard to accept. now he's pulling dave and perk down with him. with satellite party, it was just he and etty fucking about and everyone thought it'd be so much better with dave and perk on some of those songs. well, it's not clearly.

CaseyContrarian

#49 Post by CaseyContrarian » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:29 pm

sonny wrote:
CaseyContrarian wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:
sonny wrote:

i'm finding some common ground finally. i haven't changed, one bit. people are saying what i said already.

perry sucks, we all know it. it's just hard to accept. now he's pulling dave and perk down with him. with satellite party, it was just he and etty fucking about and everyone thought it'd be so much better with dave and perk on some of those songs. well, it's not clearly.
People have been saying this the whole time. The only difference is that some of us have such low expectations and already don't perceive JA minus EA as the "real" JA, that we can enjoy what is marginally enjoyable in the live show or recorded output. Fact: Dave still does cool stuff on guitar from time to time, and Perry still has his moments. Perk is not a presence on this record, sadly. It's not *our* JA, but at this point, it never could be.

kv

#50 Post by kv » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:35 pm

yep some of us let go long ago..but i have been in your place now sonny and can relate