The Official Xiola.org review

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Essence_Smith

Re: The Official Xiola.org review

#381 Post by Essence_Smith » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:02 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
Essence_Smith wrote:I think Sonny and Hoka just need to meet up somewhere between St. Louis and Bama and just have sex already...it'd break all the tension... :nod:
Is that like when you discovered AlienonAcid worked near you, so you decided to hook up with him and fuck each other (before calling people on the board to brag about it)? :no:
I was trying to make light of a situation between two people who I have some respect for because I don't think its that serious...what were you trying to do here? :eyes:

kv

#382 Post by kv » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:01 pm

wow he hit close to the bone huh?

and i mean aoa did right? close to your bone...get it? ha ha get it ha...;(

Essence_Smith

#383 Post by Essence_Smith » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:05 pm

kv wrote:wow he hit close to the bone huh?

Nah...Turden's mad cause he wanted Sonny first...but since the demise of xiola I don't take this anywhere near as seriously as I did...true story

kv

#384 Post by kv » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:11 pm

whatever you say officer

happy belated btw

creep
Site Admin

#385 Post by creep » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:12 pm

Essence_Smith wrote:
kv wrote:wow he hit close to the bone huh?

Nah...Turden's mad cause he wanted Sonny first...but since the demise of xiola I don't take this anywhere near as seriously as I did...true story
your first problem is taking any of this seriously. :bored:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#386 Post by Hokahey » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:23 pm

:banana:

Kajicat

#387 Post by Kajicat » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:03 pm

God this place is a shit hole... :yeay:

Pure Method

#388 Post by Pure Method » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:15 pm

Kajicat wrote:God this place is a shit hole... :yeay:
not really...historically speaking, this is pretty peaceful for us all. "oh no! long-time acquaintances are giving each other shit!"

Artemis

#389 Post by Artemis » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:31 pm

in all my years with this gang, i have never witnessed a message board meltdown or a public fight involving creep.

if nobel gives a prize for internet message board peace and harmony, i nominate creep!

Kajicat

#390 Post by Kajicat » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:53 pm

Pure Method wrote:
Kajicat wrote:God this place is a shit hole... :yeay:
not really...historically speaking, this is pretty peaceful for us all....
Exactly.

Essence_Smith

#391 Post by Essence_Smith » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:54 pm

Artemis wrote:in all my years with this gang, i have never witnessed a message board meltdown or a public fight involving creep.

if nobel gives a prize for internet message board peace and harmony, i nominate creep!
:essence:
That's because he's usually one of the instigators...he's like the Don King of the JA boards...

Essence_Smith

#392 Post by Essence_Smith » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:56 pm

kv wrote:whatever you say officer

happy belated btw
Thank you sir...just hoping that when I hit kv nursing home status I'm as spry and active online as you... :wave:

creep
Site Admin

#393 Post by creep » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:00 pm

Essence_Smith wrote:
Artemis wrote:in all my years with this gang, i have never witnessed a message board meltdown or a public fight involving creep.

:essence:
That's because he's usually one of the instigators...he's like the Don King of the JA boards...
see...someone says something nice and you come in trying to start shit. such an instigator. :essence:

kv

#394 Post by kv » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:40 pm

creep is the official janes board pot stirrer

Artemis

#395 Post by Artemis » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:24 am

are you saying a big wooden spoon would be more fitting than a peace prize? :lol:

sonny

#396 Post by sonny » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:59 pm

judah wrote:
sonny wrote:
hokahey wrote:I love how all of us being a community and discussing how to be good neighbors is rule by committee. You whined and cried about the things you hated about xiola and threw a tantrum from time to time as a result. We handle the same problems like adults, and by explicitly saying up front "lets avoid that here" and you try to act like that's a lesser way to do it. I dunno man. Just reads like sour grapes to me. This place is so lightly moderated it's not even funny. I probably have time to read maybe half of all posts. It seems like you have quite an ego about your place in the janes story and if we dont celebrate you and your opinion you have little fits. Erasing xiola. Deleting friends...
you misrepresent the past by saying "whining and crying".

it is rule by committee. i wouldn't use it. very simple. if you want use it, then ok. why is it lesser because i don't like it? do i carry that much weight?

xiola.org was lightly moderated, extremely so. yr memories of xiola.org is over a 10+ years, compared to 2+ months here. it's a little early to say it's a success. i couldn't even get through half the posts on xiola.org, so a lot went unread by me for years.

you don't have to celebrate anything. i'm only commenting. other people here are commenting as well, why not opine of their "crying and whining" or their "ego".

you can label me all day with little tag lines that make you feel better about yr own opinion. i'm only stating what i think, like everyone else here. no bitterness, no ego.

i ran my forum and my site, because i thought i could do it better than erik. i was proven right. xiola.org had great people all those years, but one constant was me running it how i saw fit. i didn't change with the cast of folks, i didn't allow other people to moderate, because i felt i should be held accountable for any actions taken.

either way, take it or leave it. you wanna make it personal, we can do so, but it's not personal for me. i only name you because you seem to be the one doing this stuff.
i think thats a little disingenuous sonny. you made things personal with hoka with your digs and jibes. remember your posts on ur tumblr site addressing 'hokahay' and 'ain't no site'? it was a little mean spirited i thought. hoka has addressed you, for the most part, with grace and respect. i'm not sure you always showed him the same level of courtesy. to call hoka out now on making things personal is a little mischievous in my view.
it's not about calling hoka out, it's just addressing the person by name. i could say "some people" and that would be cowardice in my mind.

i'm not real concerned with how my posts on the internet are perceived. i can only try to explain myself. like i said, hoka can call bullshit and i can then in return say it's bullshit or say hoka is now whining. it doesn't interest me.

aintnosite is sorta endearing now i think. i'm with others that think he should've registered aintnosite.blah -- but we all know how my opinions are received here. so just ignore that one. :lol:

you'll find i'm very genuine, whether i'm angry or calm, none of it is a put or being nice to keep the peace. it is what it is. i'm not unreasonable by any means.

Essence_Smith

#397 Post by Essence_Smith » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:29 pm

Except when he's being unreasonable that is... :wink:

sonny

#398 Post by sonny » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:41 pm

Essence_Smith wrote:Except when he's being unreasonable that is... :wink:
yeah, i have unreasonable moments, but over all i can be very reasonable. people are being very defensive and it's not necessary really.

Pandemonium

#399 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:43 pm

sonny wrote:
i'm being very defensive and it's not necessary really.
Fixed that for ya.

sonny

#400 Post by sonny » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:47 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
sonny wrote:
i'm being very defensive and it's not necessary really.
Fixed that for ya.
see? unnecessary.

editing people's post is a desperate attempt to rile, it's not needed.

Pandemonium

#401 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:53 pm

sonny wrote:i'm being very defensive and it's not necessary really.
Fixed that for ya.[/quote]

see? unnecessary.

editing people's post is a desperate attempt to rile, it's not needed.[/quote]

Lighten up, Francis. If I really wanted to rile ya up, I'd go on about how most excellent TGEA is and how Perry is keeping to the standards he set at the beginning of the 90's.

sonny

#402 Post by sonny » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:07 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Lighten up, Francis. If I really wanted to rile ya up, I'd go on about how most excellent TGEA is and how Perry is keeping to the standards he set at the beginning of the 90's.

:noclue:

Pandemonium

#403 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:36 pm

sonny wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:

Heh, there ya go!

sonny

#404 Post by sonny » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:25 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
sonny wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:

Heh, there ya go!
:pat:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#405 Post by Hokahey » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:09 am

You're embarrassing yourself Sonny. You're talking in circles and saying a lot of nonsense. You're accusing people of doing what you're doing. It's like watching my 3 year old attempting to be rational.