The Official Xiola.org review

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Artemis

Re: The Official Xiola.org review

#326 Post by Artemis » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:01 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Artemis wrote:i didn't mind the thread about not fucking up the forums. i expressed my serious dislike for the use of 'retard' in a derogatory way, and thus far, nobody has been using it. not that i've noticed anyway...
Er... there's a couple recent threads (that coincidently feature lots of posts by six7six7) that you may want to avoid.
yes, now that you mention it, i think i did see one. overall though, it's been pretty good, i think.

JOEinPHX

#327 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:06 pm

Artemis wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
Artemis wrote:i didn't mind the thread about not fucking up the forums. i expressed my serious dislike for the use of 'retard' in a derogatory way, and thus far, nobody has been using it. not that i've noticed anyway...
Er... there's a couple recent threads (that coincidently feature lots of posts by six7six7) that you may want to avoid.
yes, now that you mention it, i think i did see one. overall though, it's been pretty good, i think.
i think i said something about not going full retard. It's a movie line. If we can't quote movies, then i quit. :lol:

JOEinPHX

#328 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:08 pm

As the person who started this thread, i would like to request that it's locked.

I'm tired of giving the former owner of xiola.org a place to continue to talk about himself. He can use his tumblr for that.

Pandemonium

#329 Post by Pandemonium » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:39 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:As the person who started this thread, i would like to request that it's locked.

I'm tired of giving the former owner of xiola.org a place to continue to talk about himself. He can use his tumblr for that.
There you go, going full...... eh, tilt again.

kv

#330 Post by kv » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:47 pm

funny this place feels a lot like xiola to me and nothing like ja.com :blah:

Jasper

#331 Post by Jasper » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:53 pm

This was never rule by committee. We had a talk like friends/adults, and everyone got a feel for the opinions of everyone else. We've voluntarily been good neighbors to each other. The two people who were banned came in with the express purpose of hyper-trolling the board. It wasn't a judgment call to ban them, it was a no-brainer, and their own endgame.

Also, unless I'm reading it wrong, or missed part (because I only skimmed) the stuff sonny seems to be saying makes this place more like ja.org is pretty close to or the same as the 90% of things he disagreed with on xiola. Maybe not. I'm not speaking for him, and I'd sooner try to touch the moon than take on sonny's thought process. The Etty thread was moved into the Animals section because that's where it belongs, and everyone agreed. It wasn't about JA or music, it was about making fun of a relative of someone in JA. It certainly wasn't any kind of discussion about Etty's effect on the sonic direction of the band.

In any case, this place has run excellently in its short life, and nobody has been forced to do anything. If anyone from xiola (aside from sonny) feels that their rights have been trampled here, it would be very interesting to hear from them. :noclue:

JOEinPHX

#332 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:58 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:As the person who started this thread, i would like to request that it's locked.

There you go, going full...... eh, tilt again.
This head movies makes my eyes rain.

sonny

#333 Post by sonny » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:00 pm

kv wrote:funny this place feels a lot like xiola to me and nothing like ja.com :blah:
i disagree

JOEinPHX

#334 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:00 pm

Jasper wrote:This was never rule by committee. We had a talk like friends/adults, and everyone got a feel for the opinions of everyone else. We've voluntarily been good neighbors to each other. The two people who were banned came in with the express purpose of hyper-trolling the board. It wasn't a judgment call to ban them, it was a no-brainer, and their own endgame.

Also, unless I'm reading it wrong, or missed part (because I only skimmed) the stuff sonny seems to be saying makes this place more like ja.org is pretty close to or the same as the 90% of things he disagreed with on xiola. Maybe not. I'm not speaking for him, and I'd sooner try to touch the moon than take on sonny's thought process. The Etty thread was moved into the Animals section because that's where it belongs, and everyone agreed. It wasn't about JA or music, it was about making fun of a relative of someone in JA. It certainly wasn't any kind of discussion about Etty's effect on the sonic direction of the band.

In any case, this place has run excellently in its short life, and nobody has been forced to do anything. If anyone from xiola (aside from sonny) feels that their rights have been trampled here, it would be very interesting to hear from them. :noclue:
Jasper summed it all up nicely. :thumb:

JOEinPHX

#335 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:01 pm

sonny wrote:
kv wrote:funny this place feels a lot like xiola to me and nothing like ja.com :blah:
i disagree
Yeah but you're the same dude who completely deletes entire websites because you get sad.

You're not exactly the most stable of people to be making any sort of logical decisions about anything.

kv

#336 Post by kv » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:02 pm

i think when sonny compares us to ja and not xiola he is comparing us to his vision of what he wanted xiola to be not what it actually was

and xiola was many different things things over the course of its life..it was a troll hang out...an escape from 1%...the counter point...the main point...it changed a lot over the years i think sonnys view of xiola is very much idealized.....which i can understand

kv

#337 Post by kv » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:04 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
sonny wrote:
i disagree
Yeah but you're the same dude who completely deletes entire websites because you get sad.

You're not exactly the most stable of people to be making any sort of logical decisions about anything.
play fucking nice..we wouldn't even be here today if not for sonny...fact respect that...don't take the gloves off because you can now without repercussions

creep
Site Admin

#338 Post by creep » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:05 pm

kv wrote:i think when sonny compares us to ja and not xiola he is comparing us to his vision of what he wanted xiola to be not what it actually was

and xiola was many different things things over the course of its life..it was a troll hang out...an escape from 1%...the counter point...the main point...it changed a lot over the years i think sonnys view of xiola is very much idealized.....which i can understand
i think it's more about people liking the new album.

creep
Site Admin

#339 Post by creep » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:07 pm

kv wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:
sonny wrote:
i disagree

play fucking nice..we wouldn't even be here today if not for sonny...fact respect that...don't take the gloves off because you can now without repercussions
:confused: maybe sonny is right after all.

sonny

#340 Post by sonny » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:08 pm

Jasper wrote:This was never rule by committee. We had a talk like friends/adults, and everyone got a feel for the opinions of everyone else. We've voluntarily been good neighbors to each other. The two people who were banned came in with the express purpose of hyper-trolling the board. It wasn't a judgment call to ban them, it was a no-brainer, and their own endgame.

we and everyone, are what rule by committee is.

we decided to do this or everyone thought... those equal committee to me.

i won't argue bans, because i made the call i thought was right and i always gave second chances. i'm not sure how many i banned the first two months i was running the site, but maybe we should make more comparisons, say 5 years from now, k?

i think the general shout downs of people who dislike the new album or declaring people as haters that should be banned or threads should be locked or you shouldn't be here if you don't like perry farrell now. all sounds very much like ja.org

either way, just my own opinion. i realize the tide has turned and people feel this place is better or equal to what they had at xiola.org.

me, i disagree.

it's a message board and it's run by hoka like hoka sees fit. he obviously values opinions and goes with the flow there.

there more i say, the deeper i seem to dig shit. i'm sure hoka will tell i'm full of shit, since i mentioned his name here. :lol:

as for rights trampled, yr words, not mine. and not at all what i was saying. it's just a different way to run things and as creep said, i wouldn't want hoka to just copy the way i run things.

my thought process is relatively normal. once a dozen people interpret a dozen ways, it gets a little tough to stay on topic and sufficiently defend what i'm saying or did at xiola.org.

kv

#341 Post by kv » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:09 pm

lol ok fine fuck you creep fuck you sony fuck you 6767...wee feels like xiola now... :lolol:

sonny

#342 Post by sonny » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:10 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
sonny wrote:
i disagree

you misrepresented what happened. if that makes it easier to insult me, then ok.

it's not uncommon for the kettle to call the pot black, it's actually very common for some. :tiphat:

sonny

#343 Post by sonny » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:11 pm

kv wrote:i think when sonny compares us to ja and not xiola he is comparing us to his vision of what he wanted xiola to be not what it actually was

never a troll hang out. ja.org and anr.com, were both a troll hang out at one point, but NEVER xiola.org. wouldn't allow such shit, not would i ask if it's ok from a committee.

kv

#344 Post by kv » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:12 pm

i think the general shout downs of people who dislike the new album or declaring people as haters that should be banned or threads should be locked or you shouldn't be here if you don't like perry farrell now. all sounds very much like ja.org

dude please that exact shit happened all the time at xiola

sonny

#345 Post by sonny » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:13 pm

creep wrote:

i actually think more people here dislike the album, they just aren't heard from as much. they don't want to shit on other people's enjoyment, or they don't feel the need to post negatively.

Artemis

#346 Post by Artemis » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:13 pm

sonny wrote:

never a troll hang out. ja.org and anr.com, were both a troll hang out at one point, but NEVER xiola.org. wouldn't allow such shit, not would i ask if it's ok from a committee.
i may be mixing things up...wasn't that hello kitty period xiola.org under new management?

kv

#347 Post by kv » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:14 pm

sonny wrote:
bull fucking shit it wasn't...at the start it was pretty much just the trolls that posted thre me adolf miggy sgb et all..the whole whores crowd...everyone else posted at 1% remember then when you'd post at whores and have fun?

sonny

#348 Post by sonny » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:15 pm

kv wrote:

dude please that exact shit happened all the time at xiola
i think generally i tried to squash such bullshit, but i can accept that you saw it differently, and i didn't read everything, so maybe it went on more. not that i read everything here either.

kv

#349 Post by kv » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:16 pm

sonny wrote:
creep wrote:

i actually think more people here dislike the album, they just aren't heard from as much. they don't want to shit on other people's enjoyment, or they don't feel the need to post negatively.
fact...whats wrong with not wanting to rain on the parade? i did it for strays tons...i didn't expect as much from them this time so i wasn't as bummed...prob like everyone else who doesn't like the new record

sonny

#350 Post by sonny » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:16 pm

Artemis wrote:
sonny wrote:

i may be mixing things up...wasn't that hello kitty period xiola.org under new management?
see, that was ja.org. never xiola.org. erik is not likely gonna speak on my behalf here, but i never put goofy themes on my forum.