underground

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
sonny

Re: underground

#61 Post by sonny » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:32 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:Holy fuck. Can people here stop slobbering all over the head of "Slow Divers"? There's a reason it never made an album: it's just not that good of a song. Maybe if you're stoned out of your mind, but otherwise...it's pretty mediocre.
i disagree. :essence:

kv

#62 Post by kv » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:14 pm

me too

trevor ayer

#63 Post by trevor ayer » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:59 pm

nice to know some people on this board actually like old janes better than new janes .. still blows my mind that its even debateable on this board

Tyler Durden

#64 Post by Tyler Durden » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:10 pm

trevor ayer wrote:nice to know some people on this board actually like old janes better than new janes .. still blows my mind that its even debateable on this board
Who on here says they like new Jane's better than old Jane's? :confused:

CaseyContrarian

#65 Post by CaseyContrarian » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:11 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
trevor ayer wrote:nice to know some people on this board actually like old janes better than new janes .. still blows my mind that its even debateable on this board
Who on here says they like new Jane's better than old Jane's? :confused:
Yeah, who?

Pure Method

#66 Post by Pure Method » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:45 pm

is this the same trevor :lolol:

you've done a total 180 since xiola!

trevor ayer

#67 Post by trevor ayer » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:29 pm

whomever said slow divers wasn't that good and underground was .. thats who

180? not really just wanted to give these guys a chance .. but there are a shit load of 180's all over this board .. i haven't even seen mike gush this hard over janes in a long time .. you guys are showin him up on the posotronic meeter .. glad some of u are still enthused .. maybe the new record will finally kick in after the 57th listen .. mmm probably not .. well every great rock band has ruined themselves with some kind of modern production bullshit that instantly dates the record to the bargain bin at some point i guess .. in thru the out door wasn't exactly awesome .. even neil young had some wacky techno period ... the remaining beatles let their songs sound like geoff lynn instead of the beatles on the new singles on that box set .. i guess u just have to sit thru it and hope they grow out of it and pull out something real sounding down the road .. either that or dave will finally od .. perry will hire nuno for janes and start using auto tune and rapping on the janes records .. they will update their sound to the limp bizkit era

creep
Site Admin

#68 Post by creep » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:40 pm

underground from last night

perry sounds much better than the other time they played it

Diabolik

#69 Post by Diabolik » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:45 pm

That was pretty great.

Forge

#70 Post by Forge » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:55 pm

creep wrote:underground from last night

NICE.

Tyler Durden

#71 Post by Tyler Durden » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:03 pm

trevor ayer wrote:whomever said slow divers wasn't that good and underground was .. thats who
I also like "Price I Pay" better than "My Cat's Name Is Maceo"; that doesn't mean I like new Jane's better than old Jane's. :noclue: I'm last person should be pointing a finger at when it comes to this issue. :idea:

I have zero plans to buy this new album.

trevor ayer

#72 Post by trevor ayer » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:21 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
trevor ayer wrote:whomever said slow divers wasn't that good and underground was .. thats who
I also like "Price I Pay" better than "My Cat's Name Is Maceo"; that doesn't mean I like new Jane's better than old Jane's. :noclue: I'm last person should be pointing a finger at when it comes to this issue. :idea:

yes it does

Pandemonium

#73 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:55 pm

180? not really just wanted to give these guys a chance .. but there are a shit load of 180's all over this board .. i haven't even seen mike gush this hard over janes in a long time .. you guys are showin him up on the posotronic meeter .. glad some of u are still enthused .. maybe the new record will finally kick in after the 57th listen .. mmm probably not .. well every great rock band has ruined themselves with some kind of modern production bullshit that instantly dates the record to the bargain bin at some point i guess .. in thru the out door wasn't exactly awesome .. even neil young had some wacky techno period ... the remaining beatles let their songs sound like geoff lynn instead of the beatles on the new singles on that box set .. i guess u just have to sit thru it and hope they grow out of it and pull out something real sounding down the road .. either that or dave will finally od .. perry will hire nuno for janes and start using auto tune and rapping on the janes records .. they will update their sound to the limp bizkit era
Congratulations on officially becoming the most annoying, ignorant poster on this board.

"Geoff Lynn." STFU.

Larry B.

#74 Post by Larry B. » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:58 pm

yup... that was pretty good :thumb:

Pure Method

#75 Post by Pure Method » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:00 pm

Pandemonium wrote:

Congratulations on officially becoming the most annoying, ignorant poster on this board.

"Geoff Lynn." STFU.

Ok, I actually think trevor is being kinda funny? My b? No need to repress dissen, eh?

Pure Method

#76 Post by Pure Method » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:01 pm

Pandemonium wrote:

"Geoff Lynn." STFU.

Ok, I actually think trevor is being kinda funny? My b, but let's not try and get TOO bent out of shape. No need to repress dissent.

Pandemonium

#77 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:29 pm

Pure Method wrote:Ok, I actually think trevor is being kinda funny? My b, but let's not try and get TOO bent out of shape. No need to repress dissent.
You're right. Stupidity shouldn't be repressed, it should be squashed like a bug.

Kajicat

#78 Post by Kajicat » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:36 pm

That was excellent. Perry punching ghosts and all.

Tyler Durden

#79 Post by Tyler Durden » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:02 pm

trevor ayer wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:

yes it does
Now you're just being a troll. Fuck off.

sonny

#80 Post by sonny » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:03 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:

that's actually, exactly what it means.

quit clowning.

sonny

#81 Post by sonny » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:05 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
trevor ayer wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:

yes it does
dood, this place sounds like ja.org more and more everyday. everyone who thinks JA sucks is a troll? when did you people decide this?

justified positivity is one thing, but being positive so you don't hurt feelings is fake bullshit.

Tyler Durden

#82 Post by Tyler Durden » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:10 pm

sonny wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:
trevor ayer wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:

yes it does
dood, this place sounds like ja.org more and more everyday. everyone who thinks JA sucks is a troll? when did you people decide this?

justified positivity is one thing, but being positive so you don't hurt feelings is fake bullshit.
Huh? I never said that.

I was told I like new "Jane's Addiction" better than old Jane's Addiction...just because I like one new song by them more than one of their weakest old songs. That hardly constitutes that I like the new band more than the old band. As I said before, I don't plan on buying TGEA, nor have I considered anything post 1991 to be Jane's Addiction to begin with. :noclue:

sonny

#83 Post by sonny » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:18 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
sonny wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:
trevor ayer wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:

yes it does

Huh? I never said that.

I was told I like new "Jane's Addiction" better than old Jane's Addiction...just because I like one new song by them more than one of their weakest old songs. That hardly constitutes that I like the new band more than the old band. As I said before, I don't plan on buying TGEA, nor have I considered anything post 1991 to be Jane's Addiction to begin with. :noclue:
i disagree. :noclue:

Tyler Durden

#84 Post by Tyler Durden » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:22 pm

sonny wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:
sonny wrote:

Huh? I never said that.

Can you put down the 40 long enough to type what it is you disagree with?

sonny

#85 Post by sonny » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:28 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
sonny wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:
sonny wrote:

Huh? I never said that.

Can you put down the 40 long enough to type what it is you disagree with?
maceo - original jane's addiction
whatever you like - new jane's addiction

if you like 'whatever' better than an original song 'maceo' then technically you do like new JA better than old JA.

the funny thing is eric avery mentioned that "embrace the darkness" was better than some of the weaker JA songs.

all of this leads to the problem with JA still using the name. it blurs this line between the two and no matter how we or the band try to separate the two eras, the name pulls it back together.

setlists including: superhero, twisted tales, end to the lies, ocean size, three days are nearly as wrong as perry playing mountain song or stop! off his computer with perryetty.

these things are obvious faults that i can't believe people disagree with.