underground

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
bman

Re: underground

#101 Post by bman » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:08 am

If there are 10 people in the room, 2 of them will be assholes no matter what. That's life! I was actually shocked at how many people were at the show last night singning every lyric. I thought there were only a few diehards left. Not all fans/haters hang on the internet all day.

trevor ayer

#102 Post by trevor ayer » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:13 am

and btw

slow divers and maceo ARE really good songs

divers expecially .. outstanding .. "was being saved for something special" was what it said in the liner notes wasn't it?

Tyler Durden

#103 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:14 am

trevor ayer wrote:so what you really really really love "stop" but don't like "slow divers" at all?

maybe "mountain song" is your favorite but "my time" blows?

me no speakie ur language me speakie janglish .. from when all janes was good and no one could deny

when "janes is really good" actually meant "janes is really good" not "janes addiction sounds a lot like coldplay now"
I fucking love "My Time". :thumb:

But I'm not going to say that "all old Jane's was perfect" or something to that effect. All of my favourite bands have recorded weak songs (original Jane's, Led Zeppelin, Nick Cave, Siouxsie, The Doors, etc)

I'd say 95% of old Jane's is perfect and 95% of new Jane's sucks shit. :noclue:

Now get the stick out of your ass and replace it with some objectivity. :idea:

trevor ayer

#104 Post by trevor ayer » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:21 am

I'd say 95% of old Jane's is perfect and 95% of new Jane's sucks shit. :noclue:

Now get the stick out of your ass and replace it with some objectivity. :idea:[/quote]

sentence 1 sounds about right .. give or take 5% :lolol:

why can't I objectively state that underground is NOT a better song, computer blip, rehash, or whatever u wanna call it, than SLOW DIVERS, without being told I have a stick up my ass?

it's hard enough being right and having the responsibility to break it to these yolks but to get dogged for too ... i guess its the price .. its the price .. aaaaouuuuuuuuuuuuuwwwwwwwwww it's the price that i paaaayyyeeeeeeeeeee ..

excuse me .. i need to go put a wash cloth

RIGHT O VER MY FACE!!!!!!

bman

#105 Post by bman » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:23 am

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :eyes:

trevor ayer

#106 Post by trevor ayer » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:25 am

bman wrote::banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :eyes:

:boobs: :boobs: :boobs: :banana: :rockon:

Kajicat

#107 Post by Kajicat » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:42 am

trevor ayer wrote:...THERE IS NOTHING PRE 91 JANES THAT IS NOT 1000 TIMES BETTER THAN ANYTHING ON STRAYS OR ESCAPE ARTIST

IF YOU DONT AGREE THAN YES YOU ARE NOT A "REAL" JANES FAN I call for an ETTL

People who like "price I pay" better than "maceo" are not REAL fans. People who like "underground" better than "slow divers" are not REAL fans.
Ok this is cracking me up. Generally speaking, I definitely like old Jane's material more than post-1991 Jane's...however, I actually do like "Price I Pay" more than I like "Maceo". Call me a "fake fan" or whatever, but it doesn't matter to me. People have preferences and opinions, and I seriously think "Price I Pay" is a better song than "Maceo". Not a big deal, really. Also, as much as I enjoy "Of Course", I'll admit I'm not that fond of middle eastern sounding music, so I like "Underground" more than "Of Course". :noclue: :wave:

sonny

#108 Post by sonny » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:52 pm

bman wrote:If there are 10 people in the room, 2 of them will be assholes no matter what. That's life! I was actually shocked at how many people were at the show last night singning every lyric. I thought there were only a few diehards left. Not all fans/haters hang on the internet all day.
here's the thing, we are important because we are die hards. we know every in and out of this band.

i could sing every song to many bands, pearl jam, wilco, radiohead, smashing pumpkins, pj harvey, bjork, etc.

most people don't care. i don't particularly care that billy is the only smashing pumpkins left. i'd be willing to bet those frequenting the message boards care a great deal.

we die hards set the standard and then it goes out from there. if you don't at least acknowledge the die hards their opinions, you are gonna have a hard time staying true to reasons people liked yr band in the first place.

casual fans will always be there to hear mountain song and jane says, etc.

i haven't bought a mudhoney record since 'every good boy deserves fudge', but i'd go see them if they came around.

these measurements of success you are using are equal to the retro acts like journey (who have a tribute band singer). steve perry isn't even up there anymore, yet people go see them and sing along to every song.

are we satisfied with JA being a retro act?

trevor ayer

#109 Post by trevor ayer » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:19 pm

Kajicat wrote:
trevor ayer wrote:...THERE IS NOTHING PRE 91 JANES THAT IS NOT 1000 TIMES BETTER THAN ANYTHING ON STRAYS OR ESCAPE ARTIST

People who like "price I pay" better than "maceo" are not REAL fans. People who like "underground" better than "slow divers" are not REAL fans.
Ok this is cracking me up. Generally speaking, I definitely like old Jane's material more than post-1991 Jane's...however, I actually do like "Price I Pay" more than I like "Maceo". Call me a "fake fan" or whatever, but it doesn't matter to me. People have preferences and opinions, and I seriously think "Price I Pay" is a better song than "Maceo". Not a big deal, really. Also, as much as I enjoy "Of Course", I'll admit I'm not that fond of middle eastern sounding music, so I like "Underground" more than "Of Course". :noclue: :wave:

i posted 3 bouncy boobs ladies and your the only one that lightened up .. :lolol: .. musta been the dancing banana

i am glad someone other than me likes to crack up around here ... not that my points aren't valid ..

"of course this land is dangerous all of the animals are capably murderous"

.. and what lyric in "underground" is a better lyric than that???

.. even eric wanted to play "of course" on the ninja tour .. and in case you are wondering .. no! .. eric did NOT want to try "price i pay" on ninja, and "underground" never worked its way into the trent sessions either .. so its me n eric .. we both think 'of course' is better than "price i pay" and "underground" ..

trevor ayer

#110 Post by trevor ayer » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:25 pm

oh wanted to clarify .. i know a lot of you are thinking .. eric who? :hs:

eric avery .. he was in janes before they got good :boobs: :banana: :eric: :mediate: :cool:

Kajicat

#111 Post by Kajicat » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:57 pm

trevor ayer wrote:
Kajicat wrote:

i posted 3 bouncy boobs ladies and your the only one that lightened up .. :lolol: .. musta been the dancing banana

i am glad someone other than me likes to crack up around here ... not that my points aren't valid ..

"of course this land is dangerous all of the animals are capably murderous"

.. and what lyric in "underground" is a better lyric than that???

.. even eric wanted to play "of course" on the ninja tour .. and in case you are wondering .. no! .. eric did NOT want to try "price i pay" on ninja, and "underground" never worked its way into the trent sessions either .. so its me n eric .. we both think 'of course' is better than "price i pay" and "underground" ..
Don't get me wrong - the lyrics and overall message on "Of Course" is excellent...but I'm just not really feelin' the musical aspect of it. Instrumentally, it's just not my cup of tea. "Price I Pay" is more my type of music than middle eastern vibes. I'm also one of those types where the instrumental part of songs matters more to me than lyrics. For me: Instrumentals > Vocals > Lyrics...but vocals could even count as an instrument too, I suppose.

I'm still not quite sure who this Eric guy is you keep rambling on about. Whoever he is, I wish for you to not bring him up again. :essence: :hehe:

CaseyContrarian

#112 Post by CaseyContrarian » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:20 pm

Of Course is orders of magnitude better than Price I Pay. Can't even believe this is being discussed.

I like Maceo better than Slow Divers. The former is fun and frivolous; the latter aimless and meandering.

Underground is pretty good, but not better than anything in the 1.0 catalog.

Kajicat

#113 Post by Kajicat » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:39 pm

CaseyContrarian wrote:Of Course is orders of magnitude better than Price I Pay. Can't even believe this is being discussed.
I understand that "Of Course" is indeed an excellent song, but I like "Price I Pay" better - it's my preference. What you're saying is that only your opinion is what's correct, which would therefore mean it's no longer an opinion, but fact. It's like telling someone they must be crazy because they prefer "So What" by Miles Davis instead of "Welcome to the Jungle" by GNR, when that person doesn't really enjoy or even listen to rock and roll in the first place. They prefer jazz. They like "So What" better than "Welcome to the Jungle". I'm not big on middle eastern music, and prefer rock, so I like "Price I Pay" better.
CaseyContrarian wrote:I like Maceo better than Slow Divers. The former is fun and frivolous; the latter aimless and meandering.
I like both but prefer Slow Drivers. For me, Maceo = 7/10 and Slow Divers = 9/10

CaseyContrarian

#114 Post by CaseyContrarian » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:41 pm

Fair enough.

But you're still inane! :lolol:

Kajicat

#115 Post by Kajicat » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:47 pm

CaseyContrarian wrote:Fair enough.

But you're still inane! :lolol:
Yessir :evilol:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#116 Post by Hokahey » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:38 am

Yeah so, about Underground...I can't stop listening to it. Since I read the lyrics I have fallen even more in love with this song. It is infinitely better than anything on Strays. The entire first verse in vintage Perry IMO. This is one of my favorite Jane's Addiction songs, entire catalogue included. Daves solo is fantastic. I love how the song sort of chugs and pounds along and then his solo takes off screeching the way it does. Perks drums in the break are amazing too. Classic Perk. Little tribal thing. I listen to this song first thing every time I get in my car. I have a decent car stereo so turning it up really loud gets the blood pumping in the morning.

I know this will be blasphemy to some, but I don't care. I am madly in love with this track.

CaseyContrarian

#117 Post by CaseyContrarian » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:01 am

hokahey wrote:Yeah so, about Underground...I can't stop listening to it. Since I read the lyrics I have fallen even more in love with this song. It is infinitely better than anything on Strays. The entire first verse in vintage Perry IMO. This is one of my favorite Jane's Addiction songs, entire catalogue included. Daves solo is fantastic. I love how the song sort of chugs and pounds along and then his solo takes off screeching the way it does. Perks drums in the break are amazing too. Classic Perk. Little tribal thing. I listen to this song first thing every time I get in my car. I have a decent car stereo so turning it up really loud gets the blood pumping in the morning.

I know this will be blasphemy to some, but I don't care. I am madly in love with this track.
Lyrics made it better for me, too.

MYXYLPLYX

#118 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:49 pm

Just heard it on my local alt rock station (105.3 in SF).
:noclue: