Diabolik

Re: Josh Stepping In For Upcoming Shows

#76 Post by Diabolik » Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:35 pm

This hits different now

https://youtu.be/QwB4HohLV_E

esqfool

#77 Post by esqfool » Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:19 am

I'd heard he was looking bad and had seen pictures and thought eh ok, but that picture with his fiancee, I can't get over how gaunt and frail he looks. I know he's of smaller stature but was usually pretty ripped and buff. There he just looks skeletal. I really hope for his own sake he gets help and gets better whatever he's dealing with.

This band is such a frustrating tease of what if. That being said, I really enjoyed what I saw with Troy even though I thought he wasn't even in the same league as Dave. The vibe was more than right though. Hoping Josh tears it up with them, even if stage performance wise, he's polar opposite of Dave. I wasn't gonna go to Vegas and then I thought, well what if that's the last time they play where you could have seen them and you didn't? I said fuck it and I'm going. Eric being there outweighs Dave as far as band performance in my opinion after having seen both variations (band with Dave and no Eric vs. band with Eric no Dave).

crater

#78 Post by crater » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:05 am

I learned it by watching you!

I seriously hope all the best for him with whatever he has been dealing with.

phenobarb_bambalam

#79 Post by phenobarb_bambalam » Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:35 pm

esqfool wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:19 am
I'd heard he was looking bad and had seen pictures and thought eh ok, but that picture with his fiancee, I can't get over how gaunt and frail he looks. I know he's of smaller stature but was usually pretty ripped and buff. There he just looks skeletal.
This. The clip he posted today of him actually playing guitar (albeit at home) - skeletal is the word. Dave has always been ever green for me, in terms of appearance. He's always looked younger than his years; all of a sudden he looks old. And not just because he's next to someone half his age most of the time.

Artemis

#80 Post by Artemis » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:11 pm

On a FB group I follow, someone posted about DN announcement that JA made a couple of days ago. The poster is a "Long Covid Ally" and the comments in response to JA are very negative. Obviously, they don't know the full story. Not that I know the full story either, but it's evident that there's more going on with DN than just long Covid.

Here's one:

Noonesshocking

#81 Post by Noonesshocking » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:43 pm

Artemis wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:11 pm
On a FB group I follow, someone posted about DN announcement that JA made a couple of days ago. The poster is a "Long Covid Ally" and the comments in response to JA are very negative. Obviously, they don't know the full story. Not that I know the full story either, but it's evident that there's more going on with DN than just long Covid.

Here's one:

It’s kind of hard to glean the context here, but if this person is saying that the honorable thing for JA to do is come out and say he’s dealing with a relapse, I disagree. Clearly he doesn’t want to talk it about it publicly, which is reasonable. They are handling it delicately as they can.

phenobarb_bambalam

#82 Post by phenobarb_bambalam » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:51 pm

Noonesshocking wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:43 pm
It’s kind of hard to glean the context here, but if this person is saying that the honorable thing for JA to do is come out and say he’s dealing with a relapse, I disagree. Clearly he doesn’t want to talk it about it publicly, which is reasonable. They are handling it delicately as they can.
Agreed. And as poorly as much of this whole fiasco has handled over the last 6 months, I am also prepared to give some benefit of the doubt - that perhaps, long covid was or is an ongoing issue. It started as that, but has since been exacerbated by (or caused) whatever he has going on. I can't imagine they came up with that in the first instance as a cover story and then dropped it the second time around....it'd make sense that they'd be as vague as they have been with the latest statement. You say long covid and maintain someone's dignity - there's no elegant way to point the finger at junk (if that's what it is).

sinep

#83 Post by sinep » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:25 am

Diabolik wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:35 pm
This hits different now

https://youtu.be/QwB4HohLV_E
How did I miss the piece kcal9 did about Janes Addiction??? :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

dannyboy

#84 Post by dannyboy » Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:12 am

Noonesshocking wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:43 pm
Artemis wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:11 pm

Here's one:

My interpretation is that they feel JA are minimizing the seriousness of long Covid. Maybe defensive about it because sone people deny it’s a real thing???

JOEinPHX

#85 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:47 am

The one thing that tips me off most that he's using, is his art.

I don't know if anyone remember his 6767.com website back between 99 and 2000 but it was full of the same kind of art he is making now. Right down to creating his own weird font out of symbols. He did that back then, too.

Some of the black and white photos he is using is from that era, which is the time he documented in his book. When he locked himself in his house for 2 years and just did a shit ton of drugs.

He's putting that skull and crossbones with the needles all over everything again.

It's not just a drug relapse but he is literally just repeating his own druggy art now too.

CaseyContrarian

#86 Post by CaseyContrarian » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:16 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:47 am
The one thing that tips me off most that he's using, is his art.

I don't know if anyone remember his 6767.com website back between 99 and 2000 but it was full of the same kind of art he is making now. Right down to creating his own weird font out of symbols. He did that back then, too.

Some of the black and white photos he is using is from that era, which is the time he documented in his book. When he locked himself in his house for 2 years and just did a shit ton of drugs.

He's putting that skull and crossbones with the needles all over everything again.

It's not just a drug relapse but he is literally just repeating his own druggy art now too.
Impressive deduction, Sherlock. Zero sarcasm intended. Same hole, same role.

SR

#87 Post by SR » Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:22 am

But he's 20 years older. I hope he gets better. That 55 year old body won't support this for long. There's a large group in the music community that has strong ties to recovery. I hope they're reaching out, but ultimately, it's going to take a heroic commitment from DN himself.

SR

#88 Post by SR » Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:52 am

Can't believe everything on the webz, but I found this...
Stages-of-Heroin-Abcesses.jpg
Stages-of-Heroin-Abcesses.jpg (185.26 KiB) Viewed 7624 times

phenobarb_bambalam

#89 Post by phenobarb_bambalam » Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:37 am

SR wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:22 am
There's a large group in the music community that has strong ties to recovery. I hope they're reaching out, but ultimately, it's going to take a heroic commitment from DN himself.
I haven't listened to the art-related interview that was meant to have aired today (I think) - the fact that it was billed as a joint interview with DN and Billy Morrison was interesting. I don't know much about Billy's back story, but given that the whole Camp Freddy/Royal Machines thing was built around them being in recovery and clean, it raised a bit of an eyebrow. Hopefully a dose of support there.

It's impossible to see that Stage 4 image without the mind filling in the ace of clubs.

creep
Site Admin

#91 Post by creep » Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:07 am

I didn't watch the whole thing but he doesn't seem right. Watch his hands too.

phenobarb_bambalam

#92 Post by phenobarb_bambalam » Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:33 am

creep wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:07 am
I didn't watch the whole thing but he doesn't seem right. Watch his hands too.
It's fucking uncomfortable to watch/listen to. One of the things surprised me about Dave when he started having a media presence is how sharp/smart he was.This is painful; he sounds like an old man, frail. It feels like it's hard work for him to even talk. The hands, yes - and the closeups of the arm. That thing looks smaller, but is still there.

I haven't got to the end, but it's bizarre to hear him talk so directly about being a junkie (in the past tense).

Tyler Durden

#93 Post by Tyler Durden » Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:00 am

Just watched the first five minutes. Something is definitely off.

SR

#94 Post by SR » Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:24 am

phenobarb_bambalam wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:37 am
SR wrote:
There's a large group in the music community that has strong ties to recovery. I hope they're reaching out, but ultimately, it's going to take a heroic commitment from DN himself.
I haven't listened to the art-related interview that was meant to have aired today (I think) - the fact that it was billed as a joint interview with DN and Billy Morrison was interesting. I don't know much about Billy's back story, but given that the whole Camp Freddy/Royal Machines thing was built around them being in recovery and clean, it raised a bit of an eyebrow. Hopefully a dose of support there.

It's impossible to see that Stage 4 image without the mind filling in the ace of clubs.
I know for a fact DN and BM were inseparable around the recovery community years ago. So, hopefully the process has begun. :nod:

CaseyContrarian

#95 Post by CaseyContrarian » Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:57 am

SR wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:24 am
phenobarb_bambalam wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:37 am
SR wrote:

I know for a fact DN and BM were inseparable around the recovery community years ago. So, hopefully the process has begun. :nod:
Regardless, his recovery will take a while. Wouldn’t expect him to be road-ready anytime soon.

I also have to wonder if there’s a toxic codependency factor, which can make extricating himself much more difficult than the man cave / drug den with occasional groupies / adult film star diversions.

someguy

#96 Post by someguy » Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:01 am

Just watched a little of it. He sounds slow as if he’s medicated…

He also says NHC album is out this year

Hokahey
Site Admin

#97 Post by Hokahey » Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:07 am

someguy wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:01 am

Good ol methadone.

someguy

#98 Post by someguy » Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:28 am

Hokahey wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:07 am
someguy wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:01 am

Good ol methadone.
Didn’t even think of that - I’d rather it be that than Ativan

Noonesshocking

#99 Post by Noonesshocking » Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:29 am

He said he gave the NS guitar to Taylor’s son

JOEinPHX

#100 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:55 pm

Someone take this fucking guy to rehab already.

This is exactly how he sounded when he was addicted to OxyContin several years back.

Dude is has done so much work for MAP in the past, maybe it's time for someone he helped to return the favor.