Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
kv

Re: Official Spirits On Fire tour thread

#951 Post by kv » Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:43 am

:lolol: Dave close the site...

clickie

#952 Post by clickie » Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:20 am

Dave probably wonders why we're still fascinated by this band after all this time.

elbuitre

#953 Post by elbuitre » Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:47 am

Dave and Chaney will both be back at some point, surely.

The bigger mystery to me is Sonny…

Has he ever resurfaced?

Tyler Durden

#954 Post by Tyler Durden » Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:02 am

elbuitre wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:47 am
In what context? If it’s in Jane’s, hopefully Dave is back soon. I’d be happy to never see plain yogurt Chaney again.

intertwoven

#955 Post by intertwoven » Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:05 am

elbuitre wrote:

Has he ever resurfaced?
I'm friends with Sonny on Facebook. He seems to be doing fine, just not all that into Janes anymore I guess. Last time he poked his head in here years ago it didn't go great, but yeah it'd be neat if he got in on the "imminent redemption" happening with the band these days.

someguy

#956 Post by someguy » Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:07 am

Josh played a majority of the set last night. I bet they are getting him up to speed for next year.

Tyler Durden

#957 Post by Tyler Durden » Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:27 am

If Dave is replaced, I want Pete or Daniel Ash.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#958 Post by Hokahey » Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:57 am

intertwoven wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:05 am
elbuitre wrote:

Has he ever resurfaced?
I'm friends with Sonny on Facebook. He seems to be doing fine, just not all that into Janes anymore I guess. Last time he poked his head in here years ago it didn't go great, but yeah it'd be neat if he got in on the "imminent redemption" happening with the band these days.
I don't miss him or Erik.

I don't know how much I've ever explained this, but the entire reason I started a Jane's page is because I got tired of the cliques on 1% and Xiola and Sonny and Erik banning and/or mocking anyone that had an opinion outside of theirs. Then God forbid my page had anything that also appeared on theirs. Fucking insufferable attitudes.

Diabolik

#959 Post by Diabolik » Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:22 pm

someguy wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:07 am
Josh played a majority of the set last night. I bet they are getting him up to speed for next year.
It’s seems like that’s a real possibility. I know Eric is good freinds and has talked about him a lot over the years…

When Perry introduced Josh at like Boston or NY he said something like —we want to introduce Josh to the Jane’s Addiction family — even then I sorta wondered if it was more than a nice way to introduce him to the crowd

Tyler Durden

#960 Post by Tyler Durden » Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:31 pm

Hokahey wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:57 am

I don't know how much I've ever explained this, but the entire reason I started a Jane's page is because I got tired of the cliques on 1% and Xiola and Sonny and Erik banning and/or mocking anyone that had an opinion outside of theirs. Then God forbid my page had anything that also appeared on theirs. Fucking insufferable attitudes.

Totally agree.

Noonesshocking

#961 Post by Noonesshocking » Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:31 pm

Hokahey wrote:
intertwoven wrote:
elbuitre wrote:

Has he ever resurfaced?

I never bothered with the JA.org forums. Although they did have really good PD and Etty interviews at one point. Xiola was always where the substantive discussions took place.

The only thing Sonny ever did that annoyed me was nuking the board without any prior warning instead of handing the keys over to someone else. That was lame. Other than that, I think he was pretty fair as a moderator and provided a lot of value to the hardcore fans. I would be really interested to hear his take on current events. He's still registered here as far as I know.

elbuitre

#962 Post by elbuitre » Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:22 pm

Regardless of whether you like how he ran Xiola, Sonny got those in-depth interviews with Eric and actually became part of Jane’s history in the process.

I’d be very surprised if someone who was that dedicated to the band and the whole Perry/Eric dynamic wasn’t closely watching current events. Maybe he doesn’t want to get sucked back in. Fair enough.

elbuitre

#963 Post by elbuitre » Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:25 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:02 am
elbuitre wrote:
In what context? If it’s in Jane’s, hopefully Dave is back soon. I’d be happy to never see plain yogurt Chaney again.
I just don’t expect Eric to remain in Jane’s for the next 5-10 years and I also don’t expect Dave to have played his last gig with the band. There’s always some kind of drama with these guys so I fully expect Dave and Chaney to be back at some point.

kv

#964 Post by kv » Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:34 pm

I just think it's fucking comedy they have been playing this game since 1990...this is their constant...holy shit are they gonna break up? what's happening? only thing that changes is, "what 10 songs will they be playing this year?" and "how long will the new songs last until we stop playing them?" and "who is gonna fill in?"

just rinse and repeat

creep
Site Admin

#965 Post by creep » Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:54 pm

Noonesshocking wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:31 pm
Hokahey wrote:
intertwoven wrote:
elbuitre wrote:

Has he ever resurfaced?

I never bothered with the JA.org forums. Although they did have really good PD and Etty interviews at one point. Xiola was always where the substantive discussions took place.

The only thing Sonny ever did that annoyed me was nuking the board without any prior warning instead of handing the keys over to someone else. That was lame. Other than that, I think he was pretty fair as a moderator and provided a lot of value to the hardcore fans. I would be really interested to hear his take on current events. He's still registered here as far as I know.
sonny was a dick. i guess you kind of had to be back then.

i remember he said that this place would never work and it was so hard to run a message board. i don't do shit around here except complain about the cost of it but everyone always pitches in when that time comes around.

Tyler Durden

#966 Post by Tyler Durden » Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:37 pm

kv wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:34 pm
I just think it's fucking comedy they have been playing this game since 1990...this is their constant...holy shit are they gonna break up? what's happening? only thing that changes is, "what 10 songs will they be playing this year?" and "how long will the new songs last until we stop playing them?" and "who is gonna fill in?"

just rinse and repeat
Absolutely. It’s a testament to how amazing their original run was (1986-1991). Without that, there’s no way they could get away with this bullshit for the past 30 years.

someguy

#967 Post by someguy » Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:43 pm

Dave’s wife/gf is posting stories that say “if purple care they will make time for you/tough love doesn’t work on depression”

If this has to do with Dave, the band seemed to be pretty supportive of him sitting out so I’m wondering if something happened at some point during the tour

kv

#968 Post by kv » Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:56 pm

yup, in the end, the constant touring killed taylor...that's a hard reality when you watch the show just roll on and even the hardcore base go "oh, if he's not into it he should quit now that Eric is back" the one time Dave wasn't down...

fuck us Dave....(if you are dumb enough to be reading this)...do what makes you happy...whatever, whenever that is...obviously everyone wants you four above all

kv

#969 Post by kv » Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:05 pm

creep wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:54 pm
Noonesshocking wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:31 pm
Hokahey wrote:
intertwoven wrote:
elbuitre wrote:

Has he ever resurfaced?

sonny was a dick. i guess you kind of had to be back then.

i remember he said that this place would never work and it was so hard to run a message board. i don't do shit around here except complain about the cost of it but everyone always pitches in when that time comes around.
ya he was just too sensitive...could you imagine anyone else doing much better back then? he was a fair middleline...same shit when he closed it just too sensitive...the collective "we" wouldn' be here without sonny Erik Gavin Justin (and sadly you and hoka :slap:)

sonny

#970 Post by sonny » Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:36 pm

i tend to just read things and stay out of the discussion. i'm glad you guys kept the little group of friends together. it wasn't something i could do anymore. if there are significant things happening in the jane's world i'm usually checking it out. eric joining is interesting and i think some of the footage i've seen is kind of exciting, especially with josh.

jane's is weird for me and i wish it wasn't. sorry if you guys didn't like how i did things, explaining myself probably doesn't help matters, so i won't.

i don't have any bitter feelings about xiola.org, only fond memories. i suppose time does that.

as far as avery coming back, i think he is the backbone to jane's addiction and this tour shows that really. his rolling bass lines cannot be duplicated by anyone. no one plays those lines like him. at this point anything good that comes from jane's addiction is gonna be gravy in my opinion. i'm not sure they could make things worse than it was.

kv

#971 Post by kv » Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:42 pm

people forget all the guys who ran the sites were pretty young when they started...then we look back with old eyes...

CaseyContrarian

#972 Post by CaseyContrarian » Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:57 pm

someguy wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:07 am
This seems likely.

CaseyContrarian

#973 Post by CaseyContrarian » Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:16 pm

kv wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:34 pm

just rinse and repeat
This is the gospel truth.

Also, hey Sonny.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#974 Post by Hokahey » Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:19 pm

kv wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:42 pm
people forget all the guys who ran the sites were pretty young when they started...then we look back with old eyes...
This is a good point. I was 23 when I started ANR. I'm fucking 43 now. :lolol:

creep
Site Admin

#975 Post by creep » Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:45 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClNESw0pDU3 ... _copy_link
Brothers in arms. From the initial unknown through the crucible of those first shows to the walking wounded until the final sparkling night at the Hollywood Bowl; what a journey. It was a privilege to fight alongside my new brother @troyvanleeuwen, the unstoppable force that is @stephenperkinsdrummer and in support of my old (new again) brother and always our captain @perryfarrellofficial. We did it. Love…👊🏼👊🏼👊🏼 @janesaddiction