Eddie Vedder made me laugh

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
crater

Eddie Vedder made me laugh

#1 Post by crater » Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:26 pm

In a rare and candid interview with the New York Times ahead of his third solo album Earthling, Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder spoke on a range of subjects, including what 'ripples' of change he believes the Generation X / alternative rock culture of the early '90s may have caused.
"You know, I used to work in San Diego loading gear at a club," Vedder begins. "I’d end up being at shows that I wouldn’t have chosen to go to — bands that monopolised late-’80s MTV. The metal bands that — I’m trying to be nice — I despised. Girls, Girls, Girls and Mötley Crüe: [expletive] you. I hated it. I hated how it made the fellas look. I hated how it made the women look. It felt so vacuous.

"Guns N’ Roses came out and, thank God, at least had some teeth. But I’m circling back to say that one thing that I appreciated was that in Seattle and the alternative crowd, the girls could wear their combat boots and sweaters, and their hair looked like Cat Power’s and not Heather Locklear’s — nothing against her. They weren’t selling themselves short. They could have an opinion and be respected. I think that’s a change that lasted. It sounds so trite, but before then it was bustiers. The only person who wore a bustier in the ’90s that I could appreciate was Perry Farrell."

someguy

Re: Eddie Vedder made me laugh

#2 Post by someguy » Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:05 pm

Eddie Vedder seems like the popular kid in school who would be a dick to me for no reason.

He just kinda tows the line with everything he does and I’ve never been fully able to get into a lot of Pearl Jam stuff.

Funny enough Stone Goddard talked about how much liked Motley Crue shortly after that interview came out. Also praised Janes

https://youtu.be/pgEpKbET5jo

Hokahey
Site Admin

#3 Post by Hokahey » Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:03 am

someguy wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:05 pm
Eddie Vedder seems like the popular kid in school who would be a dick to me for no reason.

He just kinda tows the line with everything he does and I’ve never been fully able to get into a lot of Pearl Jam stuff.

Funny enough Stone Goddard talked about how much liked Motley Crue shortly after that interview came out. Also praised Janes

https://youtu.be/pgEpKbET5jo
I've never gotten that vibe. Eddie was always painfully shy early on. Ironically, Stone is kind of a smug dick.

trevor ayer

#4 Post by trevor ayer » Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:05 am

pearl jam blow .. i've been on a motley crue kck lately tho .. gonna see fat vince mumble thru his set this summer(bucket list item) .. couple of good boots showed up from the early days and vince could really sing and the tunes are pretty kickass .. vedder always gave me douche vibes .. eye am much more a stone temple pilots kinda guy than whatever eddie was groaning out in his songs .. even tho stp is called the pj clone