Perry’s Facebook

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Tyler Durden

Perry’s Facebook

#1 Post by Tyler Durden » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:08 pm

He runs it, doesn’t he?

He posted today about Nothing’s Shocking’s anniversary, including two photos of the original lineup. I commented with “Make amends, call Eric”. Anyway, he just Liked my comment. :noclue:

Hokahey
Site Admin

Re: Perry’s Facebook

#2 Post by Hokahey » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:56 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:08 pm
He runs it, doesn’t he?

He posted today about Nothing’s Shocking’s anniversary, including two photos of the original lineup. I commented with “Make amends, call Eric”. Anyway, he just Liked my comment. :noclue:
I've said it a few times now. I think he's feeling his age and becoming very concerned about legacy, and I think he's going to do everything he can to do things the right way to wrap it all up. I could be wrong, and even if I'm not it could all still suck, but we'll see.

Stickyfingers

#3 Post by Stickyfingers » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:55 am

typical descending phase of perry's mood. nothing unusual.

first comes the euphoria "I have never felt so young/ not even in my twenties/ we will celebrate the arrival of the messiah with my music/ my new project will change the history of music/ blah blah ..."

but his megalomaniac projects fail and he realizes he's just a pathetic old rocker,

then he starts feel nostalgic and posts some photos of the good old days,

reunion of Janes

after tours with the janes he drops a surprise post where he says that there is some kind of issue/some misunderstandings/something dont work/ janes are the past/ but he need to stay in the future/ somthing exciting/ something new/ so be ready for a revolutionary idea/project/movie/theater/event...

and so on...

same old movie.

Tyler Durden

#4 Post by Tyler Durden » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:22 pm

Stickyfingers wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:55 am
same old movie.
You're not wrong.

But hopefully once he's done with one last cycle of Jane's Addiction (original lineup), there will be no more time for his latest "wonderful, visionary project" with Etty called Universal Love Beats & the Electro Sexy Dragon Girl or whatever the hell he wants to call it.

kv

#5 Post by kv » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:34 pm

I think he is gonna cycle off those names, I'll guess to strike Lola style with Fallopiallama

VancouverRick

#6 Post by VancouverRick » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:08 am

I find it weird how much animus middle aged people have towards their teen idols. I mean, most of us are in our 40s and 50s, are you this critical about the trajectory of your life i.e. regrets, hypocrisy, etc? If so, that's a bitter way to spend the last few years before cancer or dementia take their hold. Plus, you pass that shit on to your kids.

As a musician myself (who doesn't make music these days), I'm deeply impressed with anyone who creates any art past the age of 50.

bman

#7 Post by bman » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:10 pm

Martyn just tweeted that he and Perry just recently talked and had some laughs. :noclue:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#8 Post by Hokahey » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:43 pm

bman wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:10 pm
Martyn just tweeted that he and Perry just recently talked and had some laughs. :noclue:
Those two seemed on worse terms than Eric and Perry.

Juana

#9 Post by Juana » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:33 am

VancouverRick wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:08 am
I find it weird how much animus middle aged people have towards their teen idols. I mean, most of us are in our 40s and 50s, are you this critical about the trajectory of your life i.e. regrets, hypocrisy, etc? If so, that's a bitter way to spend the last few years before cancer or dementia take their hold. Plus, you pass that shit on to your kids.

As a musician myself (who doesn't make music these days), I'm deeply impressed with anyone who creates any art past the age of 50.
Dude or and hear me out they set the bar so high and they can't hit it anymore. Shit music/photos/paintings etc is still shit to some people. I don't really bitch about JA namely because I know they were lightning in a bottle. They should just put the horse out to pasture, if you look at the other subsections they have way more posts and dialogue. I just turned 40 and my dog died the same day but one of my daughters started grad school, so basically if people are disappointed just chill its on them.

kv

#10 Post by kv » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:20 am

Easy Reader: Ocean Size: Jane's Addiction headlines BeachLife in Redondo Beach.
https://easyreadernews.com/janes-addict ... ndo-beach/

Hokahey
Site Admin

#11 Post by Hokahey » Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:47 am

VancouverRick wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:08 am

You find it weird that people on a message board are sharing their opinion on the subject on which the message board was founded?

Or you find it weird that people are expressing a negative opinion, based solely on the fact that they're still creating art at all?

Either way, that's an odd take on things. Especially the latter. If Perry farts in a bag and calls it art you will say "it's fine, he's old?"

Also, this is a blip in most of our days. It's not how I'm spending my 2nd half of life. :lol:

And yes, I'm always this critical of myself. It's how I strive to do better in all aspects of my life.

VancouverRick

#12 Post by VancouverRick » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:36 am

Hokahey wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:47 am
And yes, I'm always this critical of myself. It's how I strive to do better in all aspects of my life.
I don't know you, but I can confidently say... you can do better.

Stickyfingers

#13 Post by Stickyfingers » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:48 am

kv wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:20 am
Easy Reader: Ocean Size: Jane's Addiction headlines BeachLife in Redondo Beach.
https://easyreadernews.com/janes-addict ... ndo-beach/
Man this is a good interview, thanks.
“Nature is my church, and California is the perfect place,” he says. “You have the mountains and the ocean. That’s where I go to pray. Some people go to church to pray, but I feel like nature is the place I pray. On a mountain or by the sea, nature speaks to you and balances you.”
Wow, this could be Perry from 40 years ago.

Maybe Hoka is right, Perry is trying to reconnect to the original spirit of Janes.

And beautiful pic of a young surfer Perry, never seen before.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#14 Post by Hokahey » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:04 pm

VancouverRick wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:36 am
Hokahey wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:47 am
I don't know you, but I can confidently say... you can do better.
Unless you're perfect, and you're not, so can you. But I can also confidently say I'm really fucking happy with my lot in life and how I live it.

At least I understand how a message forum works.

crater

#15 Post by crater » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:06 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:22 pm
Universal Love Beats & the Electro Sexy Dragon Girl