Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:00 pm
Hokahey wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:48 am
VancouverRick wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:14 am
Tyler Durden wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 6:01 am

It's gotten way worse.
Eric Avery - due to skin color - embodies white supremacy, so he'd be on the chopping block as well. It's a good thing the cool kids in 2021 could give a rats-ass about Jane's Addiction.
:eyes:

This is ridiculously stupid.

Tweet (2021)

Just saw this new band called Jane's Addiction. Played a song called Whores. Had the lyric:

"I find my fun with the freaks and the niggers"

Super uncomfortable. All white band. Bass player has dreads.

A few tweets to Warner, and that would be that.

Right. Which is the entire basis of my post. And not at all what I said was stupid.

Hype

Re: Would Perry be Canceled Today?

#27 Post by Hype » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:54 am

Y'all lived long enough to become the man you hate (just like Perry). Congratulations!

A band known for gender-fluidity, hints of homoeroticism, and the vanguard of youth culture has fans who are now considered out of touch conservative loons.

No, but it must be the children who are wrong. :eyes:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#28 Post by Hokahey » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:51 am

Hype wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:54 am
Y'all lived long enough to become the man you hate (just like Perry). Congratulations!

A band known for gender-fluidity, hints of homoeroticism, and the vanguard of youth culture has fans who are now considered out of touch conservative loons.

I'm not sure what you're replying to here. Are you saying Conservatives are driving cancel culture?

It's the young liberals primarily. Which you know, God bless them on some level. They're always the drivers of real social change. Even if they're too naive to realize their mistakes along the way.

And to that point, and my original point, it's sort of ironic that the band who used to outrage Conservatives and be the darling of young progressives would now also outrage young progressives if they were saying and doing the same things today.

And I'm not trying to make any grand statement here. It's just...odd.

mockbee

#29 Post by mockbee » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:13 am

Children aren't wrong, or right. They're kids, albeit in their 30's sometimes :eyes: :lol: .....so what. :bored:
The problem is the adults reacting fearfully, either way, to kids. :noclue:

kv

#30 Post by kv » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:04 pm

Hype gets it...

We are merely in a pendular moment of time where the pendulum has swung all the way to woke...it will center again...worst since Salem? Get off the crack

kv

#31 Post by kv » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:15 pm

Hype wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:54 am

(To be fair 99% of my friends called me gay for liking them...until they liked em too anyway) ie don't give my gen credit for not being outa touch con loons

Hokahey
Site Admin

#32 Post by Hokahey » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:17 pm

kv wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:04 pm
Hype gets it...

We are merely in a pendular moment of time where the pendulum has swung all the way to woke...it will center again...worst since Salem? Get off the crack
When has the youth pendulum swung more conservative? Maybe the 80s? I'd argue that generally speaking the youth pendulum swings a bit more liberal each generation. It's the kids that push the boundaries. And now we're seeing that function in the age of social media.