Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Mescal

Re: Hard Charger

#51 Post by Mescal » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:38 pm

That, they may be.

almerin

#52 Post by almerin » Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:18 pm

Hard Charger is a work of art but the band doesn't know it because they don't play it. Perry put it on Rev CD and then forgot about it. The version I like the most is the Private Parts live.

Diabolik

#53 Post by Diabolik » Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:20 pm

Tool are pretty meh…

I saw them three times early on—

Once, during that album with Sober ( that was good )

Second time during that second album (?) with the song about California falling into the sea ( This was in DC and it was good l, but I was starting to see that while they are good live, they were anti-charismatic while doing it )

Third time at MSG and I think it was third album? I went for opening act which was Mike Pattons Fantomas — I bailed 20 minutes into Tools set. Just ponderous

With slight curiosity I listened to the album that took force that came out a few years ago …same old Tool. Songs were reliably long and all had the same vibe

Mid.

Just ponderous and the stage was dark and couldn’t see them performing and maybe if I was on drugs it would have been something but it was just slow and long and drudgery

trevor ayer

#54 Post by trevor ayer » Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:01 am

did a rabbit hole a few years ago on maynards groupie abuse allegations and it was pretty gross ..