Re: Janes @ Hollywood Palladium 12/8/17

#51 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:00 pm

Freese is a damn machine.

:rockon:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#52 Post by Hokahey » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:28 am

Six7Six7 wrote:Freese is a damn machine.

:rockon:
I forgot that Trent sings like he has brain damage now.

SR

#53 Post by SR » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:51 am

His kit is similar except for subtle variations for each band he plays with....notable exceptions....with nails, he goes up an inch or two for nails mounted and floor toms (and I think his kick goes from 22 to 24 in). Btw, that's one of his easier nails tunes :nod: ....still kills it, and the exertion/time/concentration keep your shit together is superb. Still love Jerome Dillon with the band too. :rockon:

Pandemonium

#54 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:59 pm

SR wrote:His kit is similar except for subtle variations for each band he plays with....notable exceptions....with nails, he goes up an inch or two for nails mounted and floor toms (and I think his kick goes from 22 to 24 in). Btw, that's one of his easier nails tunes :nod: ....still kills it, and the exertion/time/concentration keep your shit together is superb. Still love Jerome Dillon with the band too. :rockon:
In bands like NIN, the drummer has to play to a click track which seems harder then fuck on fast tunes like Wish.

SR

#55 Post by SR » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:55 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
SR wrote:His kit is similar except for subtle variations for each band he plays with....notable exceptions....with nails, he goes up an inch or two for nails mounted and floor toms (and I think his kick goes from 22 to 24 in). Btw, that's one of his easier nails tunes :nod: ....still kills it, and the exertion/time/concentration keep your shit together is superb. Still love Jerome Dillon with the band too. :rockon:
In bands like NIN, the drummer has to play to a click track which seems harder then fuck on fast tunes like Wish.
Markers of all sorts are hard to find (easier when we're talking about the caliber of drummers we are :lol: ) but Wish is very repetitive. It's like a paradiddle, almost....

Here, upon a very cursory research review at about the 5.25 point he has about 3 distinct points likely with click tracks to remember in rapid time to remember as well. Crazy shit.....with zero fuck ups, and there's more with nails too......and btw Wish fuckin rocks; I love it.....fuck it up almost every time I sit down on my kit. I love to play it...... :lolol:

SR

#56 Post by SR » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:27 am

farrellgirl99 wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:Is it just me, or have Chaney and Perk turned into the same person? :lol:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bcd9cxDD-wA/
why did perry fuck up his face so bad. he used to be so good looking. now it looks like he is wearing a halloween mask :sad:

on another note, here's josh freese playing aint no right:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BceKugUBqV9/
Oh sheeeetttt. Just actually reading the thread and saw I am the manspeakdoucheking of redundancy.... :no: Apologies on the re-post......but it was worth a bump? :noclue: ....great drum version of ANR!

farrellgirl99

#57 Post by farrellgirl99 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:58 am

SR wrote:
farrellgirl99 wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:Is it just me, or have Chaney and Perk turned into the same person? :lol:

why did perry fuck up his face so bad. he used to be so good looking. now it looks like he is wearing a halloween mask :sad:

on another note, here's josh freese playing aint no right:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BceKugUBqV9/
Oh sheeeetttt. Just actually reading the thread and saw I am the manspeakdoucheking of redundancy.... :no: Apologies on the re-post......but it was worth a bump? :noclue: ....great drum version of ANR!
lol all good sr :tiphat:

never enough josh freese! my favorite drummer (vandals were my first favorite band). plus he is hilarious and has an awesome poodle

SR

#58 Post by SR » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:55 pm

:tiphat: Yeah, I follow him on IG as well as a many, many other drummers (known and unknown). His fetish for hotel mini bars, PF Changs, and nudes of his wife in the tub or sleeping are a bit charming......funny guy who clearly takes great joy in life and his family. Love his love for Steely Dan and their current drummer Keith Carlock.....apparently they are quite close; KC is also an absolute magician, though of a different sort on the skins.

Lokus

#59 Post by Lokus » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:11 pm

Yeah, Josh Freese is arguably the best all-around drummer alive today. Although he's mostly in the rock domain for live work, he plays in a lot of different genres in studio work.

JOEinPHX

#60 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:46 pm

Hokahey wrote:
I forgot that Trent sings like he has brain damage now.
Yeah he lost his voice YEARS ago.

Dude's vocal style basically consisted of yelling, and dude can't yell anymore.

His mic is way lower in the mix than in years past. I am sure it's also why he plays so many fucking songs live that feature the fucking xylophone.

Bandit72

#61 Post by Bandit72 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:48 am

SR wrote:
Thanks for posting, that's superb to watch and listen.

SR

#62 Post by SR » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:45 am

:tiphat:

dannyboy

#63 Post by dannyboy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:17 pm

SR wrote:I apologize sincerely to the board sheriffs in town as I am sure this is misplaced, but I came across this and I could only stand a few minutes but I am sure they touched on the Palladium show at some point?!?!.....maybe? But, they actually started by shilling the Vegas interactive show.....I presume Pure Heaven? ..... they have been talking about for some years now as their new project? These guys are certifiable and Etty runs this show.
So...Steve Jones from the Sex Pistols was at the Jane's gig at the playboy mansion, the one where the peppers played too. It sounds like he's a fan and that he's known the guys for years.That's pretty cool. I remember seeing him play with Camp Freddy once but he was wearing a (rather tight) Chelsea shirt because they'd just beaten Liverpool in the Champions League semi-finals and I wasn't that impressed. Also, I'd just sprained a knee ligament playing football with a bunch of other travellers at the youth hostel on Melrose and Fairfax and was in an immense amount of pain.

Its also funny in that interview when Perry references the 'who throws a shoe' moment at the end of aint no right.

zendo

#64 Post by zendo » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:53 pm

What the fuck is going on with Perry's face here? :scared:

SR

#65 Post by SR » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:26 pm

horrifying mask there....merging into serious mental illness.