Somebody update me on the last 6 months please

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
sinep

Re: Somebody update me on the last 6 months please

#21 Post by sinep » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:19 am

Pandemonium wrote:
sinep wrote:More questions:
-What does Panda do now that Boeing doesn't do shit in Long Beach?
I haven't worked at McDonnell Douglas/Boeing in Long Beach since 1994, lol. After getting laid off there and previously being in the aerospace industry mostly as a sheet metal/structure mechanic since 1977 when I was still in High School, I went back to school in the mid 90's and got a degree in graphic arts. Working in graphics, photo-labs and advertising through early 00's when I started my own graphics business from home so as to work and take care of my son full time who was diagnosed with autism at the age of 3.

Regarding the turtle, that was a stray that somehow wandered into my yard about 8 years ago. No one claimed it so I kept it. As those kind of tortoises do, it was always trying to dig under the house, the fence, etc to escape (like it no doubt did from it's previous owner) and when we had the recent really heavy week of rain, it finally managed to get out of the yard, wander down the street and unfortunately get squashed by a car. I'm not looking for another turtle. My 13+ year old Black Labrador also died over the Summer and my wife is really wearing me down to get a new dog. We're looking at Labradoodles and Portuguese Waterdogs (because I want a dog that swims with me) but they are really expensive from decent breeders so we might get another Lab, probably a chocolate one this time.

Where have you been, Sinep?
ah, that's right. You've been out of the aerospace industry for awhile.

Was your neighborhood nuts in the rain this season? We had flooded streets and people kayaking around mine.

I've been doing well. Been busy. My grandma passed away in November (93... lot longer than I'm going to live). I had spent the last couple of years helping her out, spending at least 2 hours a night over at her place (she lived within a mile of me.) So that's been a big change. Suddenly I have 2-4 extra hours each day. I've been getting in shape and spending time doing things I enjoy.

I'm getting ready to do a pretty major renovation to my house.

I have some trips planned through the spring.

Work is great, and definitely keeping me busy. I'm managing about $10,000,000 worth of demolition projects across the country. (Mostly LA basin, but I have an ongoing $250,000 project at Nellis AFB in Vegas, and a $3,000,000 project at the Atlanta airport.) 2017 is going to be a good year, I'm working on some really interesting things.

sinep

#22 Post by sinep » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:20 am

Larry B. wrote:Was AC's death actually confirmed?
LARRY B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How are you?????

How is Scottland?????

How is your sister?????

MYXYLPLYX

#23 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:32 pm

:wave:

SR

#24 Post by SR » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:35 pm

:agree: :agree:

creep
Site Admin

#25 Post by creep » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:26 pm

sinep wrote:

How are you?????

How is Scottland?????

How is your sister?????
I will help you out because Larry is ignoring you and hates you.

http://aintnoright.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3213

How much of your job is in the field as opposed to being behind a desk? When you are in the field you probably just carry a clipboard and stare at stuff. Do you guys do any of the work yourself or do you just subcontract and make sure it's done correctly? Have you ever been on a site when explosives are used? That would be fun.

sinep

#26 Post by sinep » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:45 pm

MYXYLPLYX wrote::wave:
So... i was thinking about you back in December. I was up in Oakland and I saw Metallica was playing the Fox the night that I was there. Didn't you have some sort of connection to Metallica? Friend of a friend of a friend? Either way, i thought to myself that you must be going to that show.

sinep

#27 Post by sinep » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:04 pm

creep wrote:
sinep wrote:

How are you?????

How is Scottland?????

How is your sister?????

How much of your job is in the field as opposed to being behind a desk? When you are in the field you probably just carry a clipboard and stare at stuff. Do you guys do any of the work yourself or do you just subcontract and make sure it's done correctly? Have you ever been on a site when explosives are used? That would be fun.
back in chile!?!?!??! good for him. I'm glad he had a nice time in Europe.

No explosives. It's super rare for explosives to actually be used. There are a few bad ass guys that took me under their wing who were 40+ year veterans of the demolition industry who had been involved with 1 or 2 implosions in their entire career. And to be honest exploding something is so much less cool than all of the trick demolition methods. With explosives you blow something up and then spend 2 months cleaning up a big pile of shit. The trick stuff we do is like wire-sawing an elevated portion of a concrete stadium into 40,000 lb pieces and then flying them out with a crane for a new press box, or tearing down a bridge over the 405 in 12 hours with eight excavators. "blowing stuff up" is what everybody thinks the demolition industry is. It's so much cooler than that though.

We self perform the vast majority of the work we do, probably like 90%. Although, we're getting into just being a construction manager on certain projects. We're taking down a nuclear power plant back east and I think we just have subcontractors working for us.

I think my job is spent 80% in the office or walking projects we're bidding, and 20% being onsite for work we're performing. We have superintendents that run the actual work, so i only need to be there if something is fucked up or if there is some sort of change.

Let's grab a drink and I'll tell you all about it. I'll be in San Andreas near the end of April. Meet me at the Winery there and I'll cover your tab. :-)

Bandit72

#28 Post by Bandit72 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:29 am

You missed a bumper Secret Santa too.

creep
Site Admin

#29 Post by creep » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:58 pm

sinep wrote:
creep wrote:
sinep wrote:

How are you?????

How is Scottland?????

How is your sister?????

back in chile!?!?!??! good for him. I'm glad he had a nice time in Europe.

No explosives. It's super rare for explosives to actually be used. There are a few bad ass guys that took me under their wing who were 40+ year veterans of the demolition industry who had been involved with 1 or 2 implosions in their entire career. And to be honest exploding something is so much less cool than all of the trick demolition methods. With explosives you blow something up and then spend 2 months cleaning up a big pile of shit. The trick stuff we do is like wire-sawing an elevated portion of a concrete stadium into 40,000 lb pieces and then flying them out with a crane for a new press box, or tearing down a bridge over the 405 in 12 hours with eight excavators. "blowing stuff up" is what everybody thinks the demolition industry is. It's so much cooler than that though.

We self perform the vast majority of the work we do, probably like 90%. Although, we're getting into just being a construction manager on certain projects. We're taking down a nuclear power plant back east and I think we just have subcontractors working for us.

I think my job is spent 80% in the office or walking projects we're bidding, and 20% being onsite for work we're performing. We have superintendents that run the actual work, so i only need to be there if something is fucked up or if there is some sort of change.

Let's grab a drink and I'll tell you all about it. I'll be in San Andreas near the end of April. Meet me at the Winery there and I'll cover your tab. :-)
I like the San Andreas/ Angles Camp area. If I'm in town let's do it. :wave:

MYXYLPLYX

#30 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:25 pm

sinep wrote:
MYXYLPLYX wrote::wave:
So... i was thinking about you back in December. I was up in Oakland and I saw Metallica was playing the Fox the night that I was there. Didn't you have some sort of connection to Metallica? Friend of a friend of a friend? Either way, i thought to myself that you must be going to that show.
I've worked for the band for almost 6 years now... and yeah, I was at the show and on the clock that night until about 2 a.m.

Krink

#31 Post by Krink » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:58 pm

sinep wrote: What does dave navarro look like now, same facial hair as 1998?

He looks like Fidel :lol:

sinep

#32 Post by sinep » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:27 pm

Hi Krink!!!!!!!!

How's SR????

Did i ask about him in the original post??????

sinep

#33 Post by sinep » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:32 pm

sinep wrote:Hi Krink!!!!!!!!

How's SR????

Did i ask about him in the original post??????
I asked about SR on the first page!!!!!!!! I had to go back and look.

Why is he ignoring this thread!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Somebody update me on SR please.

SR

#34 Post by SR » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:08 am

:lol: Check the NBA thread; I'm around. Or the Golden Retriever thread..... :rockon:

Remember the Jane's/Dot Hacker gig at Echoplex?

sinep

#35 Post by sinep » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:48 am

SR wrote::lol: Check the NBA thread; I'm around. Or the Golden Retriever thread..... :rockon:

Remember the Jane's/Dot Hacker gig at Echoplex?
Yes!! I drove by the echo a few days ago and it was the first thing I thought of.

SR

#36 Post by SR » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:36 am

:nod: good night. Glad yr well.

Romeo

#37 Post by Romeo » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:53 am

Angry Canine died? :hs: Did I know this?

Hi sinep! How's it hanging? :wave:

Hype

#38 Post by Hype » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:25 pm

Romeo wrote:Angry Canine died? :hs: Did I know this?
It was never confirmed 100%, but he said he was dying, and then he stopped posting, and then attempts to contact him failed, and if he had what he said he had, he's almost certainly dead.

nausearockpig

#39 Post by nausearockpig » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:32 pm

Hype wrote:
It was never confirmed 100%, but he said he was dying, and then he stopped posting, and then attempts to contact him failed, and if he had what he said he had, he's almost certainly dead.
Yup. My Last PM to him on October 22 is still unread.

sinep

#40 Post by sinep » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:04 pm

Hi sinep! How's it hanging? :wave:
hiiiiiiiiiiii

How's the east coast????

Romeo

#41 Post by Romeo » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:56 pm

Rainy
:banana: :banana: :banana:

creep
Site Admin

#42 Post by creep » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:36 pm

Romeo wrote:Rainy
:banana: :banana: :banana:
No shit....I was in North Carolina the past two days and it was some of the heaviest rain I have ever seen.

Krink

#43 Post by Krink » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:14 pm

sinep wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:27 pm
Hi Krink!!!!!!!!

:wave:

Krink

#44 Post by Krink » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:15 pm

i gotta remember to stop here more often

good to see some of the old heads still hanging around 20+ years later