Jane's recording again?

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Matz

Re: Jane's recording again?

#26 Post by Matz » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:31 pm

Hokahey wrote:[
I can't believe they never played So What live. Dumb dumbs.
yeah, they should have played it on the relapse tour, it would have fit in with that crazy vibe that tour had perfectly

parklife03

#27 Post by parklife03 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:51 pm

As far as I think, they were recording the music for the Perry's exhibition in Las Vegas. I don't know if that includes new music or just re-recording of some old songs.

creep
Site Admin

#28 Post by creep » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:17 pm

parklife03 wrote:As far as I think, they were recording the music for the Perry's exhibition in Las Vegas. I don't know if that includes new music or just re-recording of some old songs.
you honestly think that is going to happen and dave would be involved if it did happen.

kind heaven will never happen

JOEinPHX

#29 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:29 pm

creep wrote:
parklife03 wrote:As far as I think, they were recording the music for the Perry's exhibition in Las Vegas. I don't know if that includes new music or just re-recording of some old songs.
you honestly think that is going to happen and dave would be involved if it did happen.

Kind Heaven will NEVER happen.

Perry is spending millions on something no Vegas establishment will ever let him perform.

creep
Site Admin

#30 Post by creep » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:36 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
creep wrote:

Perry is spending millions on something no Vegas establishment will ever let him perform.
as dumb as perry is even he was looking for investors for this turd. i doubt he got investors so maybe he will lose his money on this.

parklife03

#31 Post by parklife03 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:40 pm

I don't care for which project or in which format, as long as they release brand new songs. I loved TGEA and Strays, so I'm up for it.
I know that's likely not going to happen, but I'll never lose the faith.

JOEinPHX

#32 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:23 pm

creep wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:
creep wrote:

as dumb as perry is even he was looking for investors for this turd. i doubt he got investors so maybe he will lose his money on this.
I think his investor is just "We'll expand Lollapalooza to other countries!"

wally

#33 Post by wally » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:15 pm

parklife03 wrote:I don't care for which project or in which format, as long as they release brand new songs. I loved TGEA and Strays, so I'm up for it.
I know that's likely not going to happen, but I'll never lose the faith.
:hs:

Matz

#34 Post by Matz » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:11 pm

drunk post obviously, you can't love TGEA. That's impossible

JOEinPHX

#35 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:21 pm

I like all but 3 songs on TGEA, but yeah no one could possibly LOVE it.

bman

#36 Post by bman » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:12 am

I love Underground. I.Force is ok too. The album is ok if you listen to it once a year...

I just don't understand how hard it could be to come up with 3 new songs as an ep of some sorts. They honestly cant write something together better than Another Soulmate! How is that possible.

creep
Site Admin

#37 Post by creep » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:20 am

bman wrote:I love Underground. I.Force is ok too. The album is ok if you listen to it once a year...

I just don't understand how hard it could be to come up with 3 new songs as an ep of some sorts. They honestly cant write something together better than Another Soulmate! How is that possible.
why would they? it won't make them anymore money and won't bring more people out to see them live. when was the last time they played anything off tgea? dave doesn't seem to be in to music at all these days. i would think he would do solo stuff before jane's at this point.

bman

#38 Post by bman » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:05 pm

Who knows, maybe P4P does something again. You know Pete and Watt are into making new music.

Matz

#39 Post by Matz » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:32 pm

creep wrote:
bman wrote:I love Underground. I.Force is ok too. The album is ok if you listen to it once a year...

why would they? it won't make them anymore money and won't bring more people out to see them live. when was the last time they played anything off tgea? dave doesn't seem to be in to music at all these days. i would think he would do solo stuff before jane's at this point.
I'm afraid Dave has recorded his last album. which is a shame, all that talent going to waste.

parklife03

#40 Post by parklife03 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:58 pm

Matz wrote:drunk post obviously, you can't love TGEA. That's impossible
No, I'm not drunk at all. I love TGEA, even more than Strays. I'm into progressive and dark music, and TGEA has that feeling for me.
I just find interesting that Jane's Addiction only released a few albums, but they are all so different from each other. I like how all the different eras sound so distinctive.

I don't think at all that TGEA and Strays can match RDLH or NS. But I like the sound and the general vibe of TGEA.
The only song that I always skip is End to the lies (everybody seems to like that one, but I just can't get into it).

And from Strays, the ones that I don't like are Wrong girl and Hypersonic. For the rest of the record, I consider it a nice album. That artwork, tho... :balls:

So it depends on my mood and which kind of songs do I want to listen.

My personal ranking is:
1. Nothing's Shocking
2. Ritual de lo Habitual
3. XXX live album
4. The Great Escape Artist
5. Strays

When they came to Argentina in 2012, they did four songs from TGEA, and for me it seemed to be one of their best setlists from 2011-2014:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/janes-add ... e06ff.html