Found my grail.

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Hokahey
Site Admin

Re: Found my grail.

#21 Post by Hokahey » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:38 pm

SR wrote:Although I love this clip, I was bitterly disappointed in the NINJA show here in LA. Again, I think but don't know, the band was suffering irreconcilable differences. EA was absent.....PF had flamingo feathers on......the Reznor production days were over and PF had begun to shill his 'unlistenable' music.
Yeah, I found the NINJA show pretty terrible. Perry was in full idiotic form, Dave and Perk were Dave and Perk, and Eric was on his side of the stage looking less than enthusiastic. The NIN show was lackluster as well. I have definitely seen far batter performances from both bands. Hell, I enjoyed the TGEA show better than NINJA. That felt far more like Jane's.

JOEinPHX

#22 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:39 pm

Hokahey wrote:
SR wrote:Although I love this clip, I was bitterly disappointed in the NINJA show here in LA. Again, I think but don't know, the band was suffering irreconcilable differences. EA was absent.....PF had flamingo feathers on......the Reznor production days were over and PF had begun to shill his 'unlistenable' music.
The NIN show was lackluster as well.
That was when Trent stripped them down to a 4 piece. Ugh. The setlist was great, but the execution was lacking.

NIN needs to be at minimum a 5-6 person band.

Romeo

#23 Post by Romeo » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:50 am

The Vegas show was good because Perry was all hopped up on Valium

:banana:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#24 Post by Hokahey » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:13 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
Hokahey wrote:
The NIN show was lackluster as well.
That was when Trent stripped them down to a 4 piece. Ugh. The setlist was great, but the execution was lacking.

NIN needs to be at minimum a 5-6 person band.
Yes. Amazing set list, terrible execution. Also, I was high as fuck and the constant strobe gave me a panic attack. :lol:

someguy

#25 Post by someguy » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:38 pm

For me personally, seeing them in Camden NJ in '09 was a touchstone moment for me. It was a culmination of years of discovering, listening to, and learning all about Jane's. I'll never forget the when the curtain went up during three days, and I saw all four original members with my very own eyes. Perry didn't dress like a douche at that show either. The set was a concise hour and 15 minutes, and kept me on my toes. I'll also never forget the chills I got when they played that breakdown during pigs in zen, it was so dark and melodic and repititious. To this day, I still skip to 1:26 and watch this over and over again- a glimpse of what could have been:

It is also by far the most professional concert I've ever been to. There were no long waits between bands (15 minutes tops), and everyone was right on time. You could tell all the crew were working hard to make it a really cool, seamless experience. I hadn't listened to much NIN at the time either- after seeing them I really dug into their back catalog and became a big fan. Anyway, yeah that video is my holy grail.

nausearockpig

#26 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:27 pm

someguy wrote:..... It was a culmination of years of discovering, listening to, and learning all about Jane's. I'll never forget the when the curtain went up during three days, and I saw all four original members with my very own eyes. Perry didn't dress like a douche at that show either. ......
This was the same for me when I saw them twice in Feb 2010. Even though it wasn't 1.0, and Perry's vocals weren't OG, it was still something else seeing the original 4 on stage.. Better than when I saw them in 02 or 03...