Irvine

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Pandemonium

Irvine

#1 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:23 pm

A friend who I got in to one of the LA Eric reunion and the Duff Roxy shows is at tonights Irvine Meadows show and has been texting me all evening about the proceedings. Long story short, the place is pretty packed, The Cult was by far the best band of the concert, Janes is just ok, playing the whole Ritual album Apparently Perry is acting (or is) really fucked up, weak vox, even Dave laughing at him a couple times and the band's volume is really low.

JOEinPHX

Re: Irvine

#2 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:26 pm

Dave me Perry should totally have a fistfight on stage again.

Pandemonium

#3 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:16 pm

My buddy asked again, "Do you know if Perry's on something? He's really fucked up."

All I couls say was maybe he 's having a bad psychological reaction to a recent facelift.

JOEinPHX

#4 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:41 pm

He's married to Etty, who openly brags about her pharmaceutical usage.

He's clearly become a pill popper thanks to that skank.

Pandemonium

#5 Post by Pandemonium » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:07 am

creep
Site Admin

#6 Post by creep » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:27 am

that is pretty awful

JOEinPHX

#7 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:32 am

That's what Scott Weiland sounded like for the last 10 years before his death. :lol:

SR

#8 Post by SR » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:26 am

Pandemonium wrote:A friend who I got in to one of the LA Eric reunion and the Duff Roxy shows is at tonights Irvine Meadows show and has been texting me all evening about the proceedings. Long story short, the place is pretty packed, The Cult was by far the best band of the concert, Janes is just ok, playing the whole Ritual album Apparently Perry is acting (or is) really fucked up, weak vox, even Dave laughing at him a couple times and the band's volume is really low.
Hmm....glad I didn't make the effort to go. Too, you posted this at 10:20 or thereabouts, so they would have been in at least a couple of songs. If the fest started on time at 4, that would leave 6 hours for Pain, VF, Garbage and The Cult. With equipment changes at 20 minutes shave another 90 minutes or so leaving about 45 minutes at best for the other bands.....probably less. And good god.....goofy PF is too much to handle.....fucked up goofy PF would have been I want my money back now time.

Matz

#9 Post by Matz » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:54 am

creep wrote:that is pretty awful
yeah sounds like karaoke

Artemis

#10 Post by Artemis » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:16 am

Matz wrote:
creep wrote:that is pretty awful
yeah sounds like karaoke
:nod:

The highlight was at the 3:00 minute mark when a guy was talking about a "drunk chick" nearly taking him out.

elportosurfer9

#11 Post by elportosurfer9 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:47 pm

I was at this show as well. I thought The Cult were really on and amazing. One of the best Cult shows i have been at in a long time. I an and Billy were both really on, and Ian, for the most part, sounded pretty good. Garbage, i thought were really good and Shirley Manson is awesome and sexy as always. EA was lurking in the shadows and not really a focal point. Now, Janes, Perry was pretty good, but defiantly "slow" speech and kinda fucked up. Just Because was really shitty and i thought, besides ANR, was pretty horrible. What really bothered me, besides the shitty sound mix, was Perkins kick drum had a really annoying slap to it. WTF, how did they not notice this? JA was alright, not great. Perry needs to probably retire, and Etty, why does she have to be one of the dancers at this point? I already know the reason all ready. The high point for me, was getting upgraded to pit section by my old college roommate, and great friend, who does all the graphics for Jack radio station. Fun night regardless, besides sitting in shitty traffic for three hours.

Pandemonium

#12 Post by Pandemonium » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:52 pm

creep
Site Admin

#13 Post by creep » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:02 pm

he doesn't sound fucked up there. he actually sounds more coherent than usual.

bman

#14 Post by bman » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:03 pm

That's kind of strange. A sad night? Just because the 2016 tour is ending? Sounds a little cryptic. 'I will miss you'....Seems like Perry may be shutting it down.

creep
Site Admin

#15 Post by creep » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:07 pm

bman wrote:That's kind of strange. A sad night? Just because the 2016 tour is ending? Sounds a little cryptic. 'I will miss you'....Seems like Perry may be shutting it down.
irvine meadows is shutting down

bman

#16 Post by bman » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:12 pm

Oh. Thanks for the info Creep. So this was the final show there?

kv

#17 Post by kv » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:20 pm

Yeah that's been a big venue for their history...the only large outside shed so cal has...home of lolla and the like...def end of an era...fuck I go back to the old oingo boingo Halloween shows...I've had a shit ton of fun there...except for the above mentioned traffic in and out...fuck I even saw the dead there lol

S&M

#18 Post by S&M » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:24 pm

kv wrote:Yeah that's been a big venue for their history...the only large outside shed so cal has...home of lolla and the like...def end of an era...fuck I go back to the old oingo boingo Halloween shows...I've had a shit ton of fun there...except for the above mentioned traffic in and out...fuck I even saw the dead there lol
Ya bummer huh?...Gotta make more room for condos and strip malls :banghead: ..I read they are working on another new venue in a couple years :no:

someguy

#19 Post by someguy » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:48 pm

I wonder if they ran into Eric. If they did it must've been pretty awkward.

Pandemonium

#20 Post by Pandemonium » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:48 pm

Irvine Meadows was originally supposed to shut down last year but got another year due to the developers slow planning etc. A while back, there were overly optimistic rumors that Danny Elfman was going to either reunite Oingo Boingo or do a solo w/band show for Halloween next month as the final show at the venue but as of now, the last shows will be a couple Gwen Stefani dates at the end of October.

I've seen a *lot* of shows there dating back to Summer '81 when I saw Ozzy play there a few months after Randy Rhoads died (which was filmed) up to last year when I saw Van Halen play there. I liked the place because it has always been a quick 15-25 minute drive on the 405 freeway - I could literally decide an hour before a show if I wanted to go or not. And for a outdoor shed, as long as I was ahead of the soundboard, the sound was usually pretty good. The only thing that consistently sucked was that long walk back to the parking lot and the horrible slog to get back on the freeway after a show.

kv

#21 Post by kv » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:34 pm

Oh ya the hill lol....I remember going to a show with like 6 friends...we all piled in my car...with the only rule being if I drove someone was getting soberish to drive us home (we'd stop along the side of the freeway to piss and dump beer cans like losers)..I got shrooms and ate them and started burning like crazy second we got there...one of my friends was so fucking trashed he wiped out his dick in his seat and just pissed on the guy In front of us...by the time the guy noticed he was done...he turns starts screaming..and my buddy without missing a beat yells..."that fucker behind us just pissed all over us" so the guy comes over his seat and starts beating the shit outa this random guy...as we all scatter...one buddy runs with me and we charge the pit and lasted the rest of the show...once it was over...the hill...I was frying hard and we were too fucked up to find my ride...so we just sat down and waited for the lot to empty...after about an hour we see my car with a pile of drunk pissed off friends waiting for me lol...another time I drove back with this strange sound the whole way...on the offramp I clue in I am driving on a shredded tire...guess I didn't sober up enough :noclue: how I never got a DUI I will never understand..I drove drunk every fucking week for like 15 years... :dunce: :drink:...

I'll miss Irvine... hadn't been there in 20 years...hell I still miss lion country safari that was there.. haven't been there since the 70s...always hated the bowl and Greek because of curfew and low volume...I remember giant bon fires at Irvine on the lawn...place raged hard...lolla 2 sticks out for me because I had centered seats like 5 rows off pit..and because I paced myself that day and wasn't blacked out lol

crater

#22 Post by crater » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:28 pm

Pandemonium wrote:

kv

#23 Post by kv » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:32 pm

Wasn't that clip from a ratt video?

crater

#24 Post by crater » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:39 pm

Yes