Dave: there will never be another Jane's album

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Tyler Durden

Re: Dave: there will never be another Jane's album

#41 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:28 pm

Noonesshocking wrote:I refuse to live in a world where Jane's doesn't finally finish and unleash the songs "top dog" and "oh! magic" on an album.
"Oh! Magic" became "Magic Bliss (From an Asian Girl's Kiss)". :hehe:

Seriously though, I COMPLETELY forgot those track names even existed. I need a refresher...were those names leaked during the Duff era?

bman

#42 Post by bman » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:24 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:There will be another Jane's album at some point over these next 10 years...

Perry will take the family to the beach so he can go surfing (one last time) and while arriving, he will cross paths with Eric. Eric will inadvertently take Perry's claimed parking spot...then Perry will get all butthurt and decide to make Dave and Stephen record 10 songs about it.

The first single will be "Magic Bliss (From an Asian Girl's Kiss)", from the album Underwater Ghosts. There will be a theatrical, multi-media component to accompany the album that the band will plan to perform in Las Vegas following the release...but due to logistics, this will never actually happen. The lead single will be performed at a handful of regular shows, while the rest of the setlist is filled out with tracks from NS and Ritual, plus "Just Because" and "Superhero".

Underwater Ghosts tracklist:

1) Hydroponic
2) Magic Bliss (From an Asian Girl's Kiss)
3) Underwater Ghosts
4) Bam!
5) Crystal Shores
6) Artificial Social Life
7) The Imposter (4 Strings of Deceit)
8) She's Real
9) Kind Heaven II
10) Rebel Souls of Los Angeles
That's hysterical! BAM! She's Real! Dude you nailed those tracks!

So speaking of albums, I haven't listened to TGEA in a very long time. I recently played the whole thing through on a drive and I must admit it wasn't terrible. I actually love Underground.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#43 Post by Hokahey » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:32 pm

bman wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:There will be another Jane's album at some point over these next 10 years...

Perry will take the family to the beach so he can go surfing (one last time) and while arriving, he will cross paths with Eric. Eric will inadvertently take Perry's claimed parking spot...then Perry will get all butthurt and decide to make Dave and Stephen record 10 songs about it.

The first single will be "Magic Bliss (From an Asian Girl's Kiss)", from the album Underwater Ghosts. There will be a theatrical, multi-media component to accompany the album that the band will plan to perform in Las Vegas following the release...but due to logistics, this will never actually happen. The lead single will be performed at a handful of regular shows, while the rest of the setlist is filled out with tracks from NS and Ritual, plus "Just Because" and "Superhero".

Underwater Ghosts tracklist:

1) Hydroponic
2) Magic Bliss (From an Asian Girl's Kiss)
3) Underwater Ghosts
4) Bam!
5) Crystal Shores
6) Artificial Social Life
7) The Imposter (4 Strings of Deceit)
8) She's Real
9) Kind Heaven II
10) Rebel Souls of Los Angeles
That's hysterical! BAM! She's Real! Dude you nailed those tracks!

So speaking of albums, I haven't listened to TGEA in a very long time. I recently played the whole thing through on a drive and I must admit it wasn't terrible. I actually love Underground.
I liked Underground quite a bit. I also adored the music on Irresistible Force. Twisted Tales was a C+. Splash A little Water was a C. I don't remember caring about anything else on there.

Matz

#44 Post by Matz » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:22 pm

IF ts the only good song on there

Hokahey
Site Admin

#45 Post by Hokahey » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:58 pm

I just revisited it. Man there's some really forgettable crap on there. Curiosity Kills? I'll Hit You Back? I forgot those songs existed. End to the Lies is so pathetically stupid.

blackula

#46 Post by blackula » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:29 pm

Noonesshocking wrote:I refuse to live in a world where Jane's doesn't finally finish and unleash the songs "top dog" and "oh! magic" on an album.
Hahahha

intertwoven

#47 Post by intertwoven » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:28 pm

The music on TGEA is solid. Not Janes 1.0 magic, but still pretty good for what they're going for (commercial alt-rock). And Perry sounds fine. It's just the awful lyrics (particularly on End to the Lies and Irresistible Force) that are terrible and drag it all down.
I wouldn't have high hopes for another album, but I'd be excited to check it out, regardless.

JOEinPHX

#48 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:43 pm

I liked everything on TGEA except the 3 Duff tracks, which all sound like TPC throwaways.

bman

#49 Post by bman » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:32 am

I also like some of the music on Hit Ya Back and Curiosity Kills, especially the intro music. But the lyrics ruin those songs.

Tyler Durden

#50 Post by Tyler Durden » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:28 am

"Underground" is easily the best song on TGEA.

But in general, Jane's reached the Starship era of their career a while ago. If "Mountain Song" is their "White Rabbit", then "Superhero" is most certainly their "We Built This City". :banana:

Romeo

#51 Post by Romeo » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:08 am

Tyler Durden wrote:

But in general, Jane's reached the Starship era of their career a while ago. If "Mountain Song" is their "White Rabbit", then "Superhero" is most certainly their "We Built This City". :banana:

:lolol: :lolol: