SYTBS opinion poll

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects

What's your current feeling on Perry's solo album?

Fucking love it!
13%
Pretty damn solid for the most part
23%
Decent, I guess, but nothing special
40%
Not very good. The decline was in full effect already
13%
It's unlistenable shit
10%

Total votes: 30

kv

Re: SYTBS opinion poll

#21 Post by kv » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:53 am

ritdehabit wrote:
kv wrote:Already relistened to it...ya know last time you said to relisten to it, the last time we had this thread :lolol:
I'm not sure there are any threads we haven't had 20x over at this point.
There is no la rams thread...I guess because you said it would never happen....why did you lie? :jasper:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#22 Post by Hokahey » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:12 pm

kv wrote:
ritdehabit wrote:
kv wrote:Already relistened to it...ya know last time you said to relisten to it, the last time we had this thread :lolol:
There is no la rams thread...I guess because you said it would never happen....why did you lie? :jasper:
:balls:

CaseyContrarian

#23 Post by CaseyContrarian » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:33 am

It hasn't been in print forever, which is weird: the non-album/contractual obligation Rev is still available, but not the record that demonstrates Perry's bona fides in a genre he's actually interested in (recent vomit comet moments notwithstanding).

I've tried to check it out several times over the past decade or so, but I sold my promo copy in the early aughts and am too lazy/uninterested to torrent it. Wouldn't the label want to make some money vs. zero money by putting it on the streaming services?

Hokahey
Site Admin

#24 Post by Hokahey » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:42 am

CaseyContrarian wrote:It hasn't been in print forever, which is weird: the non-album/contractual obligation Rev is still available, but not the record that demonstrates Perry's bona fides in a genre he's actually interested in (recent vomit comet moments notwithstanding).

I've tried to check it out several times over the past decade or so, but I sold my promo copy in the early aughts and am too lazy/uninterested to torrent it. Wouldn't the label want to make some money vs. zero money by putting it on the streaming services?
YouTube.

CaseyContrarian

#25 Post by CaseyContrarian » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:48 am

Maybe at work today in headphones. I usually like to play off of my Sonos speakers using one of the three on-demand streamers I subscribe to.

CaseyContrarian

#26 Post by CaseyContrarian » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:49 am

I'm meant "vomit comments." But "vomit comet moments" works, too.

PEW PEW PEW

Pandemonium

#27 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:15 pm

CaseyContrarian wrote:I'm meant "vomit comments." But "vomit comet moments" works, too.

PEW PEW PEW
BLARGHHH! BLARGHHH! BLARGHHH!!!

Mescal

#28 Post by Mescal » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:14 pm

This was in the comments section for SYTBS on youtube:

It's a shame Perry didn't continue in this direction with his music. This was the closest he ever got to, what I feel, was the most organic & original music. I can't bare the stuff he puts out now with "Janes". Hopefully he takes it back in this direction at some point. Perhaps after he finally gets all the money that he thirsts for :\

clickie

#29 Post by clickie » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:21 am

ritdehabit wrote:
kv wrote:
ritdehabit wrote:
:balls:
Yeah so who's hok's team now that the rams abandoned him and left him as an orphan? I guess the bears right. He always said he was a bulls fan.

kv

#30 Post by kv » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:25 am

i'm guessing ncaa or waiting for the next sport season to start...i don't blame him...i've been in his shoes before with the same team

Hokahey
Site Admin

#31 Post by Hokahey » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:39 am

I have friends in KC. It's a 3 hour drive. I'm considering the Chiefs. They were also my team when I was a kid.

That said, I fucking loathe the NFL right now. I'm not sure I can watch a single game. It kills me that scum bag Stan may have ruined my favorite hobby and many family traditions.

bman

#32 Post by bman » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:03 am

I listened to a few songs from SYTBS yesterday in my car. It's still kind of interesting. This was the last era of the Weird/Hippy/trippy/Shaman Perry. I really like Happy Bday Jubilee, Happy Bday reprise, SYTBS, Shekeina, and Admit I. If these songs were reworked by Janes and then thrown in with Underground, IForce, and a couple of others then TGEA would have been OK.

Larry B.

#33 Post by Larry B. » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:31 am

bman wrote:I listened to a few songs from SYTBS yesterday in my car. It's still kind of interesting. This was the last era of the Weird/Hippy/trippy/Shaman Perry. I really like Happy Bday Jubilee, Happy Bday reprise, SYTBS, Shekeina, and Admit I. If these songs were reworked by Janes and then thrown in with Underground, IForce, and a couple of others then TGEA would have been OK.
Do you ever take a break from coming up with the most nonsensical ideas ever thought by a human being?

bman

#34 Post by bman » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:17 am

Larry B. wrote:
bman wrote:I listened to a few songs from SYTBS yesterday in my car. It's still kind of interesting. This was the last era of the Weird/Hippy/trippy/Shaman Perry. I really like Happy Bday Jubilee, Happy Bday reprise, SYTBS, Shekeina, and Admit I. If these songs were reworked by Janes and then thrown in with Underground, IForce, and a couple of others then TGEA would have been OK.
Do you ever take a break from coming up with the most nonsensical ideas ever thought by a human being?
You really need anti-depressants.

:noclue: