More Sterling Spoon shows

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
SR

Re: More Sterling Spoon shows

#21 Post by SR » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:38 pm

I just don't think any right minded person with an issue with PF would even give it another thought. It's like arguing/reasoning with a Trump supporter.....like playing chess with a dodo bird who shits on the board, and as he leaves says he'll fly away in victory.

Noonesshocking

#22 Post by Noonesshocking » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:35 pm

This is the most interesting Jane's related thing that's popped up in years. Yes, they shared the same bill back in 2012, but the circumstances were a bit different. Back then, they just happened to cross paths during concurrent album cycles. This particular event is really JA's day and its commemorating the 25th anniversary of lollapalooza. I'm assuming they are playing ritual in full.

It's a tall order to expect Eric to treat this as "just another gig" and remain somewhat on the outside of a celebration of something he played in integral part in creating. I almost wonder if they'll arrange to have Justin Meldal-Johnsen fill in just for this show.

At the same time, if there was ever an opportunity to mend fences, its now. There doesn't have to be a public reunion or anything. Just an agreement among the four of them that they each contributed to something great. Although, that should have happened a long time ago.

Tyler Durden

#23 Post by Tyler Durden » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:59 pm

@DaveNavarro Could be an awkward situation, since he will be in front of a pro-JA crowd, who knows he has been less than kind to the legacy.
This guy's talkin' about Perry, right?! :lol:

kv

#24 Post by kv » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:56 pm

I love how eric is blamed with shiting on the legacy when he is the only one to take the time and address the og fans...he respected that legacy more than perry and Dave imho

SR

#25 Post by SR » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:00 pm

kv wrote:I love how eric is blamed with shiting on the legacy when he is the only one to take the time and address the og fans...he respected that legacy more than perry and Dave imho

Hokahey
Site Admin

#26 Post by Hokahey » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:29 pm

If these people were any better than being petty children in adult's bodies, Eric would encore something like Mt Song with them.

Noonesshocking

#27 Post by Noonesshocking » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:50 pm

ritdehabit wrote:If these people were any better than being petty children in adult's bodies, Eric would encore something like Mt Song with them.
Truth bomb right here. Old, tired grudges are the only roadblocks to this happening.

And it's not like Eric has to be careful about the legacy anymore. If anything, an appearance by him would help fix it a little.

Pandemonium

#28 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:59 pm

Noonesshocking wrote:This is the most interesting Jane's related thing that's popped up in years. Yes, they shared the same bill back in 2012, but the circumstances were a bit different. Back then, they just happened to cross paths during concurrent album cycles. This particular event is really JA's day and its commemorating the 25th anniversary of lollapalooza. I'm assuming they are playing ritual in full.
I would be surprised if they do anything other then the typical 45 - 60 minute burnout set of hits considering they're playing after 5 other bands including The Cult who should be headlining this beer-fest.

JOEinPHX

#29 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:28 pm

I have a feeling the band order will be (first to last):

House of Pain
Garbage
The Cult
Jane's

Eric will be done playing his set, shower, change clothes, pack up his basses, and be in a car on his way home before The Farrells even finish the 9th martini and 6th line of adderall that it takes to get them out of their trailer.

Tyler Durden

#30 Post by Tyler Durden » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:33 am

Six7, you forgot the Femmes. However, that doesn't really change the order per se, with respect to Garbage and Jane's. And as you said, in all likelihood, the chance of Perry and Eric crossing paths is slim to none.

While I feel these guys should bury the hatchet (and that Jane's playing all of Ritual with anyone other than Eric is just gross)...if suddenly Eric came out with them for an encore or something, it would feel forced to me (at this point). The last time they made amends, it was VERY gradual with different people involved in building the bridge between the two...and this was when there wasn't nearly the same amount of fallout/drama from the past. I honestly don't think we will ever see the original Jane's play together again, no matter what the circumstances are.

Bandit72

#31 Post by Bandit72 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:56 am

Yeh I agree, it'll never happen. We might see the odd Twitter photo of Stephen with Eric, or even Dave maybe but he won't see Perry. I honestly believe him and Perry are done after Sonny's interview.

Shirley singing Stupid Girl dedicated to Etty would be highly amusing though.

Tyler Durden

#32 Post by Tyler Durden » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:08 am

Bandit72 wrote:Yeh I agree, it'll never happen. We might see the odd Twitter photo of Stephen with Eric, or even Dave maybe but he won't see Perry. I honestly believe him and Perry are done after Sonny's interview.
Exactly. I mean, think about the whole lunch incident from '97. The fact that they hadn't spoken in 6 years and then Perry interpreted the whole thing as some elaborate plan of Eric's part to humiliate Perry or something. Then it takes another 11 years before Perry gets over that. Given the Sonny interview, I just can't see Perry's ego ever looking past it. Perry is delusional and actually thinks he is the image that Spin magazine in the 90s sold to the world.

JOEinPHX

#33 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:02 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
Bandit72 wrote:Yeh I agree, it'll never happen. We might see the odd Twitter photo of Stephen with Eric, or even Dave maybe but he won't see Perry. I honestly believe him and Perry are done after Sonny's interview.
Exactly. I mean, think about the whole lunch incident from '97. The fact that they hadn't spoken in 6 years and then Perry interpreted the whole thing as some elaborate plan of Eric's part to humiliate Perry or something. Then it takes another 11 years before Perry gets over that. Given the Sonny interview, I just can't see Perry's ego ever looking past it. Perry is delusional and actually thinks he is the image that Spin magazine in the 90s sold to the world.
I'll bet Perry still subscribes to Spin magazine, and combs through the issue every single month looking for mentions of him.

tvrec

#34 Post by tvrec » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:54 pm

On Sale info for the Irvine show, ticket range $25-120.

Citi® Cardmember Presale
10:00 AM PDT
Ends Thu, August 18, 2016 at 10:00 PM PDT
•AUG•
THU
Live Nation Presale
•AUG•
THU
Live Nation Mobile App Presale ?
•AUG•
FRI
General Public Onsale

Pandemonium

#35 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:59 pm

The Cult has to be the hardest working (or at least played out) "classic" band touring right now - they played a lot of theater size headlining shows early this year, are currently opening for Guns n' Roses and will be doing this show. That's something like 6 or so shows just in SoCal this year.