Full clean Relapse

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
S&M

Full clean Relapse

#1 Post by S&M » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:24 pm

I'm sure you all have it or seen it already but I noticed the full Halloween show on YouTube ...super clean version :heart: http://youtu.be/7PXejqOdP08

Artemis

Re: Full clean Relapse

#2 Post by Artemis » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:51 pm

Thanx!! :thumb:

I fixed the youtube for you...

S&M

#3 Post by S&M » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:55 pm

Thanks luv :love:

Matz

#4 Post by Matz » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:20 pm

beautiful, thanks!

S&M

#5 Post by S&M » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:51 pm

I knew if you hadn't seen the full version or owned it in this quality You'd dig it most Matz...cuz if I'm not mistaken this was yer favorite Jane's ..Atleast I thought it was you...might be mixing board members up it'z been so long :heart: :rockon:

kv

#6 Post by kv » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:00 pm

a bunch have it near the top of the list...i just like the show before it more because i was there lol...sadly no full vid from it, just clips in the jane says video :sulk:

edit forgot completely about the 3 days movie :dunce:

S&M

#7 Post by S&M » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:49 pm

Seen Jane's early on many a time...but gotta say this was as special to me as those gigs cuz I was so hungry for them and thought it would never happen again...in my mind they were firing on all cylinders here...and blasting it when I caught them on this tour....Lotza energy!!!!..Wish I could see the show you saw KV bet it was great as well. :bigrin: ...I loved this tour...right up there with the original shows I caught...saw em' in sac at the memorial theater and the next night at Enit...was a really fun time in my life...I was like so starving for that weird energy and they delivered :heart: :)

Matz

#8 Post by Matz » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:51 am

S&M wrote:I knew if you hadn't seen the full version or owned it in this quality You'd dig it most Matz...cuz if I'm not mistaken this was yer favorite Jane's ..Atleast I thought it was you...might be mixing board members up it'z been so long :heart: :rockon:
you're a 100% right, I LOVE this show, and I couldn't agree more with what you say about the tour in your post above, tons of energy, madness and cool playing

trevor ayer

#9 Post by trevor ayer » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:19 am

kv wrote:a bunch have it near the top of the list...i just like the show before it more because i was there lol...sadly no full vid from it, just clips in the jane says video :sulk:

edit forgot completely about the 3 days movie :dunce:
Pretty sure i have an audience vhs of the oct 30 gig .. No clue or gear to tranfer to digital.. Pretty sure it circulated tho

Pandemonium

#10 Post by Pandemonium » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:01 am

S&M wrote:Seen Jane's early on many a time...but gotta say this was as special to me as those gigs cuz I was so hungry for them and thought it would never happen again...in my mind they were firing on all cylinders here...and blasting it when I caught them on this tour....Lotza energy!!!!..Wish I could see the show you saw KV bet it was great as well. :bigrin: ...I loved this tour...right up there with the original shows I caught...saw em' in sac at the memorial theater and the next night at Enit...was a really fun time in my life...I was like so starving for that weird energy and they delivered :heart: :)
Enit was probably my favorite Janes show even over the 4 shows I saw between '88-'91 mostly because of the overall atmosphere and energy.

Ganondorf

#11 Post by Ganondorf » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:05 pm

trevor ayer wrote:Pretty sure i have an audience vhs of the oct 30 gig .. No clue or gear to tranfer to digital.. Pretty sure it circulated tho
yeah there's video of 10/30... right?

tassayayer... right? another old timer from the mailing list days... i think we've traded before :tiphat:

kv

#12 Post by kv » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:33 pm

My bad I mean the show before the 30th...the tour dress rehearsal in la....there are audience boots just no full video ever saw the light of day even though it was pro shot by the band

Ganondorf

#13 Post by Ganondorf » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:59 pm

10/23 dress rehersal

i've always wanted video of that

you were there? nice

tits :arrow: :boobs:

Pandemonium

#14 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:03 am

Ganondorf wrote:10/23 dress rehersal

you were there? nice

Was that the show at The Olympic Auditorium that was the only performance of BCS that tour?

Ganondorf

#15 Post by Ganondorf » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:20 am

yeah, that was the only time they played it wasn't it

i just listened to that show the other day.......... crazy energy from the band and the crowd. really really good :perry: :perk: :davegoatee: :flea:

Mescal

#16 Post by Mescal » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:32 pm

Matz wrote:
S&M wrote:I knew if you hadn't seen the full version or owned it in this quality You'd dig it most Matz...cuz if I'm not mistaken this was yer favorite Jane's ..Atleast I thought it was you...might be mixing board members up it'z been so long :heart: :rockon:
you're a 100% right, I LOVE this show, and I couldn't agree more with what you say about the tour in your post above, tons of energy, madness and cool playing
Yeah, my favourite show too. They had the energy and musically they were at the top of their game. Dave in particular. And they had Flea. Watching this on MTV was the first time I really heard Janes (I only knew BCS). But when I heard Stop, I was like, who are these guys.

And look at the video. Just look at them.

And look at them now.

This was already the second coming. But then again, it's 20 years ago ....

Matz

#17 Post by Matz » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:07 pm

Mescal wrote:
Matz wrote:
Yeah, my favourite show too. They had the energy and musically they were at the top of their game. Dave in particular. And they had Flea. Watching this on MTV was the first time I really heard Janes (I only knew BCS). But when I heard Stop, I was like, who are these guys.

And look at the video. Just look at them.

very well put :cheers:

Ganondorf

#18 Post by Ganondorf » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:27 pm

oh wait, there was 10/18 & 10/23.. and then 10/30, 31.........

10/18 was the dress rehearsal, and 10/23 was the first regular show...? i don't remember

they played BCS at 10/23, not 10/18

wutevz

kv

#19 Post by kv » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:49 pm

Pandemonium wrote:

you were there? nice

Was that the show at The Olympic Auditorium that was the only performance of BCS that tour?
Ya grand Olympic...I called ticketbastard to get some other tickets...and they had some recording about this show so I grabbed tix for it...show was like that week...the deal was they had a show at the Roxy I think for a kroq... win tix or bust.and the grand oly show was supposed to be a dress rehearsal for the tour

The roxy show went so well they said fuck it and sold tix for it last min...all gen admin..which the grand Olympic rarely did...it was crazy people massed super early for the gen rush to stage...we got there a bit late for prime spots so we staked out a side door and hoped they'd open it...they did and we ran up the stairs to the area right behind the fast full pit and got front row on the rail....8 feet from the side stage because we saw drums...we all know how janes relapse side stage went...the whole band played a mini set 8 feet in front of us at eye level...the whole show was nuts crowd was raging...much like the NY Ham shows it was all pro shot and used for the janes says video and 3 days film....ironicly the low point was bcs and it was never played again...perry and the dances(etty?) acted out the song with a bag of candy throwing their stolen loot in the air and rolling on the ground...it was replaced with one of my favs I would for you :banghead:

At the time it was one of my fav shows ever...I never thought I'd ever see them again after they split. I also always thought I'd see pro shot video. Still pisses me off it hasn't surfaced...as it was the first la relapse show that wasn't private.