Perry interview

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Cowchips1997

Re: Perry interview

#21 Post by Cowchips1997 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:30 pm

There is vocal cord surgery, but could deal with a lower range if could get the pointy nose back. Nose jobs can jack up a voice too.

Looking at Wayne Newton's Botox will scare the hell out of ya. Guess putting botulism under your skin for decades might make you look like an ass clown.

CaseyContrarian

#22 Post by CaseyContrarian » Sun May 01, 2016 7:13 pm

Been saying that about nose jobs forever on the boreds. And it's not like it's his first one.

Tyler Durden

#23 Post by Tyler Durden » Tue May 03, 2016 9:15 am

Perry's totally fake face aside, did anyone watch all of this? I don't want to waste 17 mins of my life.

Did Perry talk about a Strays 13th anniversary tour or threaten the world with another theatrical/musical concept that's never going to get made? Did he debut a shitty new EDM track by him and Etty?

Bman?

JOEinPHX

#24 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue May 03, 2016 1:41 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
Bman?
Bman thinks this is the best thing Perry has ever done.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#25 Post by Hokahey » Tue May 03, 2016 4:58 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:
Bman?
Bman thinks this is the best thing Perry has ever done.
:lolol:

Larry B.

#26 Post by Larry B. » Wed May 04, 2016 2:38 am

Tyler Durden wrote:Perry's totally fake face aside, did anyone watch all of this? I don't want to waste 17 mins of my life.

Did Perry talk about a Strays 13th anniversary tour or threaten the world with another theatrical/musical concept that's never going to get made? Did he debut a shitty new EDM track by him and Etty?

Bman?
Larry B. wrote:or those who, like me at first, didn't even click on the video:

The first thing the interviewer asks is "what's his secret", because he doesn't seem to age. To which Perry answers "I wish I could tell you it was anything other than pure DNA".

With Etty sitting behind him, of course. Face stuck on her mobile.

He also says he went surfing in Easter Island... which I don't really buy.

Another gem: "I'm more like a jazz singer than a pop singer, in the way that... I don't listen to my old material, so I don't know if I sing it much differently than before."

He also -surprise, surprise- talks about his immerssive musical bullshit. "It is theater and it's music, but it's evolving..."

"My theater is off-Broadway, it's Vegas, so there's gonna be gambling there... food... clubbing... four stages, storylines, dancers..."

Fucking christ on a fucking bicycle, it's pathetic. "I'm excited by creating holograms... [weird pause] holograms..."

2017 is the date, boys and girls. He's got the music written "and the storyline."

Tyler Durden

#27 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed May 04, 2016 11:42 am

Larry B. wrote:
Fucking christ on a fucking bicycle, it's pathetic. "I'm excited by creating holograms... [weird pause] holograms..."
:lolol:

creep
Site Admin

#28 Post by creep » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:50 pm

skip to the 16:00 point in the interview. i love it when he talks about kind heaven. this is a recent interview so he still is holding on to this silly idea.

bman

#29 Post by bman » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:03 pm

The good thing about this interview is that Perry still seems twitchy and slightly wacky! Weird Perry is good Perry. That bad thing about this interview is that he pretty much says what we all know, that the bandmates aren't friends and kind of just get together right before shows. So clearly, no good new music will ever come from them again. The other bad thing is what Creep said! If this Kind Heaven idea ever comes to fruition I bet it's just like an Enit weekend festival type of thing. I don't see how having various food stalls, interactive screens, and stages is anything different from other festivals.

blackula

#30 Post by blackula » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:29 pm

I'd rather go check out Kind Heaven than Jane's Addiction at this point. I went back on my live boycott that I started for Rockstar Enrrgy drink show to see RDLH this Friday. I think I'd rather be seeing an unknown Perry project live this Friday, at least there will be an element of surprise. Then again, I'll be surprised if they actually play RDLH track by track.

Larry B.

#31 Post by Larry B. » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:22 pm

creep wrote:skip to the 16:00 point in the interview. i love it when he talks about kind heaven. this is a recent interview so he still is holding on to this silly idea.

Are you kidding?! Skip to 15:00 when he starts talking about how it took him two and a half years to take Etty to bed, and how he kept changing and changing until he convinced her to be with him, and how now she's probably his best friend, because "it's sad, but I don't have many friends".

Gold.

JOEinPHX

#32 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:57 pm

He literally says that in 1991 Napster was happening, and ruining the music industry, so that's why he took Jane's out with other bands for the first Lolla tour.

Does this stupid fuck even live in the real world anymore?

He's twitching because he's on fucking pharmaceuticals and taking way too many of them. He's going to be another Weiland if Etty has her way.

JOEinPHX

#33 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:03 pm

creep wrote:skip to the 16:00 point in the interview. i love it when he talks about kind heaven. this is a recent interview so he still is holding on to this silly idea.

Immersive entertainment didn't sell any tickets with Jane's, but with PerryEtty it's sure to be the biggest thing in the history of music.

Ugh. Do you ever just wish this guy would kick the bucket to save him the embarrassment of failing so hard because of his shit wife?

Stickyfingers

#34 Post by Stickyfingers » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:11 pm

Looks like David Lynch is bringing something similar (multimedia/experimental theatre).
http://festivalofdisruption.com/

Maybe it will become the next trend who knows :noclue:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#35 Post by Hokahey » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:24 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:He literally says that in 1991 Napster was happening, and ruining the music industry, so that's why he took Jane's out with other bands for the first Lolla tour.

He's twitching because he's on fucking pharmaceuticals and taking way too many of them. He's going to be another Weiland if Etty has her way.
He also says that Jane's won the very first MTV video award.

kv

#36 Post by kv » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:29 pm

is hoka the ram fan dead user name dead?? a distant chapter long closed?

why the change?

:hokamidlifecrisis:

i wanna change my name to potatothechips...wait no i don't

nausearockpig

#37 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:22 pm

more fuel to make everyone angry/sad/disappointed

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2016/07/ ... interview/

creep
Site Admin

#38 Post by creep » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:40 am

nausearockpig wrote:more fuel to make everyone angry/sad/disappointed

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2016/07/ ... interview/
that was a good interview up until the last question

Tyler Durden

#39 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:25 am

ritdehabit wrote:
In his defense, he's SORT OF right. Chock it up to bad editing...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MTV_Video ... tive_Video

Tyler Durden

#40 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:29 am

bman wrote:
That bad thing about this interview is that he pretty much says what we all know, that the bandmates aren't friends and kind of just get together right before shows. So clearly, no good new music will ever come from them again.
After hearing "Another Soulmate", we can only hope and pray that this the case.
bman wrote:The other bad thing is what Creep said! If this Kind Heaven idea ever comes to fruition I bet it's just like an Enit weekend festival type of thing. I don't see how having various food stalls, interactive screens, and stages is anything different from other festivals.
"KIND HEAVEN" sounds like a rom-com-drama from the 80s with Timothy Hutton and Meg Ryan.

JOEinPHX

#41 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:12 am

ritdehabit wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:He literally says that in 1991 Napster was happening, and ruining the music industry, so that's why he took Jane's out with other bands for the first Lolla tour.

It's just funny, because this is the timeline:

1991 - Ritual
1991 - Lollapalooza
1991 - Breakup
1997 - Reunion/Kettle Whistle
1998 - Breakup
1999, 2000, 2001 - Napster
2001 - Reunion/Touring
2003 - Strays

So according to Perry, Napster, in 1999, was affecting the record sales of Ritual in 1991, so he had to take other bands on the road to increase their attention?

Or is he saying that Napster, which ceased operations in 2001, caused album sales problems for Strays in 2003, resulting in him having to tour with Rollins and NIN and etc to increase their attention?

Because either way, LMFAO @ senile old guy.

blackula

#42 Post by blackula » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:48 pm

http://on.wsj.com/29EQdgi

Quick article. Perry seems to elaborate? a little about Kind Heaven?

Noonesshocking

#43 Post by Noonesshocking » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:31 pm

All of this makes me really realize that we are lucky that the 08-10 reunion with Eric was as good as it was.

kv

#44 Post by kv » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:27 pm

soooooo glad i stopped going to see them after those avery warm up shows

nausearockpig

#45 Post by nausearockpig » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:28 pm

another one: http://loudwire.com/perry-farrell-janes ... s-project/
What exactly is Perry Farrell up to these days? While fronting Jane’s Addiction, he gave the music industry a boost with the introduction of the Lollapalooza festival many years ago, and it looks like the spirit of innovation is very much still alive with Farrell today. During a chat with the Wall Street Journal, Farrell teased a new music-centric project he’s starting in Las Vegas and revealed that Jane’s Addiction will be a “test-pilot” group to see how it all can work.
Farrell transitioned to talking about the project when he was asked about the competition in the festival world for Lollapalooza. The vocalist began, “I’m really happy there are festivals. If there weren’t festivals, I don’t know what music would sound like. Festivals have been the bread and butter for musicians for the last 10 years. We’ve been going at it for 25. The more festivals, the better. It’s just another place for the audience to gather and the musicians to perform for them.”
But, he added, “Like most things, when it’s knocked off and copied, after a while the artistry and the imagination starts to dry up. That, I’m not too happy about. That’s why I’m starting this new project. This new project is music-centric. It’s in Las Vegas. But I’m changing the model entirely. I’m changing the scale entirely — it’s going to be for an audience around 1,200 per show. It’s going to be unlike anything you’ve ever experienced.”
Later in the interview, Farrell delved more into the project when asked about the possibility of new Jane’s Addiction music. “This new [Las Vegas] project is going to have Jane’s music. I’m going to be recording live music throughout the year; it’s a constant recording process. Jane’s is going to be the test-pilot group,” stated Farrell. “We’re going to have multiple residencies at this complex and Jane’s is going to be the first group hired. We already started working on some new tracks. But these things aren’t going to super takeoff. We have to finish off this 25-year celebration.”
The celebration Farrell is discussing is the band’s touring in support of the 25th anniversary of their Ritual de lo Habitual album. Dates for that run can be viewed here.

Read More: Perry Farrell: Jane's Addiction to 'Test Pilot' Las Vegas Project | http://loudwire.com/perry-farrell-janes ... ck=tsmclip
So someone is ripping off Lolla? Good thing that he didn't rip the idea off anyone to begin with..........
I’m going to be recording live music throughout the year
&
and Jane’s is going to be the first group hired
Are these two things mutually exclusive? Is he going to have Jane's play and record it for some other use.. wtf is he talking about??