European tour??

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Hokahey
Site Admin

Re: European tour??

#21 Post by Hokahey » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:49 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
hokahey wrote:
Artemis wrote:The tour is less than three months away. Will Etty's injury be healed enough for her to dance?? #worried
Either way, I'll be stunned if she's not on the stage in some capacity.
That old sideways rocking chair is coming out of storage. She'll use it the whole show. That way it's both RDLH related AND she can get paid.
I bet she gets paid more than Chaney. She was probably thrilled when Eric left so she could get a raise.

erotic cheeses

#22 Post by erotic cheeses » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:28 pm

krakle wrote:I can't believe they are still getting booked.

They've had their chances being a relevant band, still today. However, they completely blew it.
I was at the Kentish Town Forum for their show in 2003(?) I believe it was Chris Cheney's first gig with Janes. Pretty good show, and The Bays doing doing support was good too.
Will not attend any of these shows...
Don't you remember the sound issues most of the set was ruined with no sound at all? First airing of hypersonic as an encore though...

That being said one of my best ja memories was queuing to get in listening to some sound check stuff from the first album having not heard anything live from them for over ten years

kv

#23 Post by kv » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:00 pm

erotic cheeses wrote: First airing of hypersonic as an encore though.
Oh what a special moment in time lol

I have the set list from first show they played it (true nature as well)....all these years later and meh...just makes me miss martyn...ironicly as I type this I am watching an LA Kings hockey game on TV...they are playing "stop" in the arena...that band I miss

dannyboy

#24 Post by dannyboy » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:15 am

I'll probably go to the Milan show.

Kentish Town was out of this world! First janes UK gig since the olden days and the atmosphere was electric. So much love for the band from the fans and it felt reciprocated, especially from Perry. (I also enjoyed the soundcheck from the side alley).
Sound problems didn't matter at all. Perhaps might have spoiled it for inanimate folk near the back. I just remember everyone singing to jane says and I would for you to help perry out while his mike was fucked! Also dave playing drums at the end! They didn't want to leave the stage.

Great, great, great gig. I enjoyed it more than the Santa Barbara and coachella shows!

danhans

#25 Post by danhans » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:32 am

£75 a ticket. Fuck that.

Mescal

#26 Post by Mescal » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:05 am

Eric B. wrote:
Mescal wrote:I drove up to Holland the last time they were in the ’neighbourhood’, opening for RATM.

One of the worst shows I’ve ever seen. Duff was on bass.

And from what I’ve seen, they haven’t really gotten any better. Won’t say I wouldn’t see em at a festival if I was there anyway, but I’m not going through any trouble to see them

I considered going there, but 85 euro's for an opening gig was insane I thought so I skipped it. In hindsight I'm glad I did. 30 tot 40 euro's for a clubgig I'd probably still pay...........at least once every 13 years.
As said before.

And to quote Aerosmith

You didn't miss a thing

Bandit72

#27 Post by Bandit72 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:57 am

danhans wrote:£75 a ticket. Fuck that.
That's for Download. Although I'm sure someone told me you can't get day tickets anymore. Kentish Town in £39.50. Plus the ridiculous booking fee.

phenobarb_bambalam

#28 Post by phenobarb_bambalam » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:00 am

Will anyone be going to the Forum gig.....?

Silly question, thought not.

Japhy

#29 Post by Japhy » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:32 am

phenobarb_bambalam wrote:Will anyone be going to the Forum gig.....?

Silly question, thought not.
No... to be honest, the gig hasn't even crossed my mind since it was initially announced. I know i should just forget all the current shit and acknowledge the record for what it is but I just don't believe that they care - so why should I?

Seeing Dino Jr at the same venue later in the year and tickets were less than half the price of Jane's. I found that pretty odd.

How are you anyway PB - keeping well I hope.

phenobarb_bambalam

#30 Post by phenobarb_bambalam » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:20 am

Very much echoing the sentiment. For years, I would have flung myself at this, but it just feels very hollow now. I am going, but have no expectations. I saw the first Ritual gig they did last year and was beyond excited going in, only to come out rather deflated. I swore that would be it with me seeing them live, but finding myself in London the week they are playing just seemed like too much to pass up. Feeling aggrieved already, I just bought a ticket this morning...

It's a pity.

Am keeping well, thanks. How's your nose...keeping it clean?

Japhy

#31 Post by Japhy » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:41 am

Nose very clean!

I really, really hope you get a GREAT show... I don't expect it but maybe they'll all be in super moods and nail that shit down! Hell, even Etty might give it a miss and watch from the back. I know I'll be bugged come Monday night, particularly as i haven't missed a London show for years and years but I'm pretty sure i'll be cool with it.

I saw Brian Wilson last week for the umpteenth time and i was super stoked from the minute i booked to the last note of the final song. Other than checking out new bands and whatnot, that's the general feeling that I still try and hold out for when it comes to seeing bands.

Hope you have a great time whilst over here.

jgp

#32 Post by jgp » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:48 am

Hi PB & Japhy - hope you are both well.

I've had a had ticket for Download this Sunday for some time, primarily to see Iron Maiden.

Looking at the schedule, I see Jane's finish their set before IM take the stage, so I will get to see them after all.

I share the sentiment, not especially excited to be seeing them again, but don't want to miss them if there is a chance.

I also have tickets to see Dinosaur Jr in Bristol later this year - very excited about that!

Japhy

#33 Post by Japhy » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:19 am

Hey jgp - good to hear from you!

Cool bonus with Download... even i wouldn't have an issue with walking from one stage to another! It was just the whole mix for me... lack of enthusiasm, a monday in the smoke, ticket price etc. A little surprised at myself for passing on Ritual but there you go... guess i'm just jaded by now and wondering why the hell they can't drop a new tune on a par with Dino's Tiny!

jgp

#34 Post by jgp » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:27 am

Japh, the recent announcement that Jane's would headline the Encore stage at Download was indeed a bonus, I wouldn't have seen them this year otherwise for the same reasons you say.

Crazy really to think the most loyal fans of the last 25+ years have such apathy to even attend a show now!

I saw Dino perform Tiny on Jools Holland a couple of weeks ago, liking that a lot.

:thumb:

jgp

#35 Post by jgp » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:16 am

So, saw them at Download Festival, Donington.

Simply put, very weak and no energy really. Perry's voice is just so quiet.

Chaney seemed pretty into it though!

Got to be time to hang up the boots now isn't it?

Set list:

Up the beach
Stop
Aint no right
Mountain song
Just because
Three days
BCS
Ocean size
Rebel Rebel (Bowie)
Ted
Jane says

On the other hand Iron Maiden were incredible and so were Disturbed.

Mescal

#36 Post by Mescal » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:33 am

Yeah, when Chaney starts to be the strongest link ...

bman

#37 Post by bman » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:13 pm

More echo please. I really hope Perry gets out of his funk for the July tour. Maybe Dino will light a fire under his ass. These clips sound better than the other Euro ones though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tMOlR_vVhw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0_gGfXo80w

JOEinPHX

#38 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:09 pm

bman wrote:More echo please. I really hope Perry gets out of his funk for the July tour.
SPOILER: He won't