Eric's thoughts

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
SR

Eric's thoughts

#1 Post by SR » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:06 am

http://thetalkhouse.com/music/talks/eri ... lling-out/
Very interesting and well crafted piece.

creep
Site Admin

Re: Eric's thoughts

#2 Post by creep » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:18 am

that was pretty interesting

JOEinPHX

#3 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:12 pm

Meh. He tried to describe what he went through in changing his "punk rock or die" attitude, but never really offered up any details about how his changed attitude affected his financial situation. Which I thought was bizarre considering he had offered up the information that saying "fuck you" to the music industry lead to money anyway. Well, Eric, what about the flip side of the coin? When you stopped saying no as often, was it as financially lucrative? Less financially lucrative?

If you had money with your "fuck you" attitude, then offer up details about the situation now that your attitude has changed.

I honestly would have liked to see him say something like "I turned down NIN and missed a house payment" or whatever. :noclue:

bman

#4 Post by bman » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:43 am

Eric must have inherited money or bought a very cheap house out right after 1.0. Or his Wife has money. B/C he's walked away from money making opportunities on many occasions.

nausearockpig

#5 Post by nausearockpig » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:36 pm

bman wrote:Eric must have inherited money or bought a very cheap house out right after 1.0. Or his Wife has money. B/C he's walked away from money making opportunities on many occasions.
Or maybe he doesn't live a very extravagant lifestyle? I remember in the xiola interviews he said that Perry lived right around him.. a few streets away? that was before the Farrells moved to their new rented house I guess....

Romeo

#6 Post by Romeo » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:58 am

bman wrote:Eric must have inherited money or bought a very cheap house out right after 1.0. Or his Wife has money. B/C he's walked away from money making opportunities on many occasions.
If I remember correctly I believe his wife is a professional, like a architect or something. And his Mother in Law is a pretty popular fiction writer.

Artemis

#7 Post by Artemis » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:04 am

nausearockpig wrote:
Or maybe he doesn't live a very extravagant lifestyle?
Or maybe his wife doesn't spend 150K+ on shoes and handbags every year. :lol:

Noonesshocking

#8 Post by Noonesshocking » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:16 pm

Pretty cool how he gives perry props for the mtv thing. He's pretty fair. He'll call perry out on lame bullshit and give credit where credit is due.

Depressing but true when he refers to jane's legacy as "diminishing".

nausearockpig

#9 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:55 pm

Noonesshocking wrote:Pretty cool how he gives perry props for the mtv thing. He's pretty fair. He'll call perry out on lame bullshit and give credit where credit is due.

Depressing but true when he refers to jane's legacy as "diminishing".
I can't believe they passed on the MTV Unplugged... They could've done complete re-workings of their songs.. Imagine a sprawling slow acoustic Three Days... FFS.... it's not like they would've been forced to play "all the hits" (how many "Hits" did they have at that time???).. Look at The Cure's MTV Unplugged set.. granted it has 50% singles but there are album tracks and even an unreleased song in there too.. and a cover... Fucking Jane's cunts...

Mainset:
Lullaby - single
Just Like Heaven - single
Lets Go To Bed - single
If Only Tonight We Could Sleep - album track
The Caterpillar - single
The Caterpillar - single
In Your House - album track
The Walk - single
A Letter To Elise - unreleased at that point
The Blood - album track
Time Has Told Me (Nick Drake) - cover
M - album track

Boys Don't Cry - single
Boys Don't Cry - single

Also if anyone knows anyone who knows anyone who has access to this FULL SHOW, let me know....

Pillar Girl

#10 Post by Pillar Girl » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:05 am

nausearockpig wrote:
Noonesshocking wrote:
Mainset:
Lullaby - single
Lets Go To Bed - single
The Caterpillar - single
The Caterpillar - single
The Walk - single
The Blood - album track
M - album track

Boys Don't Cry - single
Boys Don't Cry - single

Also if anyone knows anyone who knows anyone who has access to this FULL SHOW, let me know....
you can find most of that setlist thru alternative bootlegs, this one below has the blood ->
http://www.discogs.com/Cure-Alternative ... se/1477620

Ive got a bootleg around somewhere that i believe has the entire set, i'll have to dig it out for ya.

nausearockpig

#11 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:15 pm

Pillar Girl wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:
Noonesshocking wrote:
Mainset:
Lullaby - single
Lets Go To Bed - single
The Caterpillar - single
The Caterpillar - single
The Walk - single
The Blood - album track
M - album track

Boys Don't Cry - single
Boys Don't Cry - single

you can find most of that setlist thru alternative bootlegs, this one below has the blood ->
http://www.discogs.com/Cure-Alternative ... se/1477620

Ive got a bootleg around somewhere that i believe has the entire set, i'll have to dig it out for ya.

Thanks, I really appreciate it.. The only songs I'm missing are In Your House, M & Time Has Told Me.

Pillar Girl

#12 Post by Pillar Girl » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:11 am

nausearockpig wrote:
Thanks, I really appreciate it.. The only songs I'm missing are In Your House, M & Time Has Told Me.
Well I thought I had the entire show, but sadly not, tho Ive got tons of rare Cure items, even with Robert playing on a piano
in a bar hotel, but this unplugged seems to be the holy grail, I've checked my other cure sources and I fear that the TV broadcast
uncut may be the only source, but that could be years before it's released sadly, if at all.

I'll keep searching :)

SR

#13 Post by SR » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:21 am

I thought his remarks on the relationship between he and the hardcore Jane's fan were interesting. Really, where there is no relationship there is a shared appreciation for just how truly magnificent 1.0 was....and to that he seems to sincerely care, if not respect us.

nausearockpig

#14 Post by nausearockpig » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:37 pm

Pillar Girl wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:
Well I thought I had the entire show, but sadly not, tho Ive got tons of rare Cure items, even with Robert playing on a piano
in a bar hotel, but this unplugged seems to be the holy grail, I've checked my other cure sources and I fear that the TV broadcast
uncut may be the only source, but that could be years before it's released sadly, if at all.

I'll keep searching :)
Damn, I was hoping you would have what is, as you say, the holy grail..... From memory the hotel gig you're talking about is this one: http://www.cure-concerts.de/concerts/2002-11-08.php - that's a fun one...

If you ever feel like sharing some of your rare Cure stuff, feel free to drop on in here http://thecurecommunity.freeforums.net/forum, or you can pass the stuff to me, and I can share it there... Generous of me, hey? :wink: :hehe:

Anyway, thanks for searching.. This gig and the Brisbane 1992 show http://www.cure-concerts.de/concerts/1992-08-21.php are my two grails..... if you know about that one.... :aoa: :banana:

Pillar Girl

#15 Post by Pillar Girl » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:29 pm

nausearockpig wrote:
Pillar Girl wrote:
nausearockpig wrote: Damn, I was hoping you would have what is, as you say, the holy grail..... From memory the hotel gig you're talking about is this one: http://www.cure-concerts.de/concerts/2002-11-08.php - that's a fun one...

If you ever feel like sharing some of your rare Cure stuff, feel free to drop on in here http://thecurecommunity.freeforums.net/forum, or you can pass the stuff to me, and I can share it there... Generous of me, hey? :wink: :hehe:

Anyway, thanks for searching.. This gig and the Brisbane 1992 show http://www.cure-concerts.de/concerts/1992-08-21.php are my two grails..... if you know about that one.... :aoa: :banana:

I was a member of dimeadozen.org and zombtracker.the-zomb.com for years, even remastered some audio/dvd's for this
Jane's Community years ago on Sonny's old Xiola board, but I just got burned out from trading and took a break. now and then
i'll grab a soundboard gig off torrents. I'll check my collection and see if I've got those shows you are looking for, peace. :rockon:

nausearockpig

#16 Post by nausearockpig » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:40 pm

thanks PG

Pillar Girl

#17 Post by Pillar Girl » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:01 pm

almost forgot, this site has a bunch of soundboard gigs, enjoy ->
http://livebootlegconcert.blogspot.pt/s ... 0Addiction

nausearockpig

#18 Post by nausearockpig » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:52 pm

nice!

phenobarb_bambalam

#19 Post by phenobarb_bambalam » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:36 pm

Pillar Girl wrote:almost forgot, this site has a bunch of soundboard gigs, enjoy ->
http://livebootlegconcert.blogspot.pt/s ... 0Addiction
Cheers!

Pillar Girl

#20 Post by Pillar Girl » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:55 am

your welcome :) here's another, it's got a ton of pumpkins gigs, couldn't find much on JA, unless I've missed it somehow
on my searching over at archive.org -> (you'll see the concerts listing on right side of menu)
https://archive.org/search.php?query=Sm ... 20Pumpkins

phenobarb_bambalam

#22 Post by phenobarb_bambalam » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:11 am

Thanks again...will be digging into the Cure trove.