Ritual Performance

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Tyler Durden

Re: Ritual Performance

#81 Post by Tyler Durden » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:25 pm

Noonesshocking wrote:Pretty much any time before 2010, this would have generated huge buzz. I have seen this talked about on exactly ZERO music sites. An unfortunate example that it is entirely possible to smear diarrhea all over your name and by extension your legacy.
Exactly. We've beat this horse to death...but 2008-2009 saw Jane's with a perfect window of opportunity to cover up some of their past missteps (Strays, Satellite Party/Panic Channel era). Eric was back, they were playing clubs, resurrecting their old street/indie image, had a nice website, and Trent was giving them huge clout again in the industry. Then...*poof*, GONE!

nausearockpig

#82 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:45 pm

phenobarb_bambalam

#83 Post by phenobarb_bambalam » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:36 pm

bman wrote:I can't believe you guys are complaining about a $75 ticket. That's the going rate for a band like Jane's Addiction. The place will be full and They are actually a GREAT cover band! Ritual plus 3 others. Sure it's a short set but I bet there's no complaints. Only from people here of course. You can spend $75 easy for a shitty dinner for two in most cities.
Standing tickets for downstairs will actually be $90, not $75. I wouldn't say that's the going rate—it's certainly a step up from most shows 'round here. Garbage is playing the same venue a few weeks before and that's $49. As was Faith No More (also at Warfield). And that's before we get to any chat about how long they play.

I'll pay it, and it's not a complaint, but that doesn't mean I won't comment on it when they take the piss. Keep the faith, bman. Keep the faith... :thumb:

phenobarb_bambalam

#84 Post by phenobarb_bambalam » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:40 pm

nausearockpig wrote:hahahahhah oh Jane's Addiction, how far you have to go...

http://www.cure-concerts.de/concerts/2011-11-27.php

http://www.cure-concerts.de/concerts/2002-11-12.php
It's generous of you not to post the Mexico City gig and go for some of the shorter sets. 50 songs....that's approximately what you'd get from Jane's Addiction in four concerts. :lol:

nausearockpig

#85 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:04 pm

phenobarb_bambalam wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:hahahahhah oh Jane's Addiction, how far you have to go...

http://www.cure-concerts.de/concerts/2011-11-27.php

http://www.cure-concerts.de/concerts/2002-11-12.php
It's generous of you not to post the Mexico City gig and go for some of the shorter sets. 50 songs....that's approximately what you'd get from Jane's Addiction in four concerts. :lol:
Yeah I was going to post that Mexico City show but by the time I'd remembered it, I'd hit Submit and couldn't be bothered editing it to prove a point that there's no point re-proving......

What a show though.. amazing!

phenobarb_bambalam

#86 Post by phenobarb_bambalam » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:51 pm

nausearockpig wrote:
Yeah I was going to post that Mexico City show but by the time I'd remembered it, I'd hit Submit and couldn't be bothered editing it to prove a point that there's no point re-proving......

What a show though.. amazing!
Good point! :lol:

nausearockpig

#87 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:02 pm

:lol:

S&M

#88 Post by S&M » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:07 pm

Take my money's $$$$$$$ ...I'm so excited to see it from start to finish I'm giddy....They always give the City a good show!!!...Last time they played a bit of "of Course" and the time before a bit of "Ripple"....Hope Perry puts his left nut in it and reaches for the rafters!!!...I super hope they don't hold back cuz of that festival show in Sac the next day!!!....Want the stage covered in candles and flowers....I want it to be maybe one last Holy moment for me :heart: ...Just wanna feel that whole experience one more time ...Do it up proper boys!!! :love:

nausearockpig

#89 Post by nausearockpig » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:13 pm

S&M wrote:Take my money's $$$$$$$ ...I'm so excited to see it from start to finish I'm giddy....They always give the City a good show!!!...Last time they played a bit of "of Course" and the time before a bit of "Ripple"....Hope Perry puts his left nut in it and reaches for the rafters!!!...I super hope they don't hold back cuz of that festival show in Sac the next day!!!....Want the stage covered in candles and flowers....I want it to be maybe one last Holy moment for me :heart: ...Just wanna feel that whole experience one more time ...Do it up proper boys!!! :love:
gee I wonder if your huge expectations will be fulfilled or unceremoniously & dismally destroyed.... It would be great if they put on a rad show and Perry's vocals hit all the right notes and he screeched like in v1.0

Best of luck with that...

S&M

#90 Post by S&M » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:23 pm

I've seen then since they were babies....Crazy abandoned energy....And I've seen a few less powerful shows...but never been as disappointed as a few of you folks?....Like I said when they hit the City they always step it up a notch....The last show I saw Perry started a bit flat...but as the wine dripped down his throat he pulled it off.....Maybe if sum of my shows were fly over country I'd be a bit more jaded?....Always enjoy myself...a lil slamin' stinky bud....a Bloody Mary or two...it's a party!!!....But thanks...Like I said hope Perry really goes balls out!!!...Fuck that festival the next day...I want them to lay it all on the stage for San :heart: :love:

nausearockpig

#91 Post by nausearockpig » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:28 pm

S&M wrote:I've seen then since they were babies....Crazy abandoned energy....And I've seen a few less powerful shows...but never been as disappointed as a few of you folks?....Like I said when they hit the City they always step it up a notch....The last show I saw Perry started a bit flat...but as the wine dripped down his throat he pulled it off.....Maybe if sum of my shows were fly over country I'd be a bit more jaded?....Always enjoy myself...a lil slamin' stinky bud....a Bloody Mary or two...it's a party!!!....But thanks...Like I said hope Perry really goes balls out!!!...Fuck that festival the next day...I want them to lay it all on the stage for San :heart: :love:
I'm really jealous you got to see them back in the day. I only got into JA in 1992 (yeah.... and they'd toured the city I was living in at that time too, so thumbs up to me missing that show in 1991.. sigh..).... I saw them in 2003/4 with Chris on bass, then saw them twice with Eric back on bass.. It was awesome but the only thing missing was the ferocity of Perry's vox like in the boots I hear of the club shows in 86-91...

S&M

#92 Post by S&M » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:53 pm

Those early shows were a blast of energy!!!...I think I was on as many drugs as they were?.....But over the years I've grown older and hopefully wiser as they have....Gotten old ;) .Watched them and got older with them....But I still see a spark of that magic here and there :heart: ...Just wanna feel that magic from them one more time...like I said kinda Holy? :love:

creep
Site Admin

#93 Post by creep » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:01 pm

i have a horrible memory so i really don't remember the times i saw them pre 91. i didn't see them very much...2 or 3 times but i must of liked what i saw because they were my favorite band for a long time. all i can really remember the first time i saw them is the echo and perry using his voice thingy. things he has pretty much given up over the years. :noclue:

Tyler Durden

#94 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:16 pm

I saw the original Ritual tour...it was one of the greatest nights of my life.

Even seeing Jane's in 2012 was a little bit magical...but NOTHING compared to the original era.

S&M

#95 Post by S&M » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:17 pm

It's funny because people say..."Perry could sing in the early days" ....Perry actually learned to sing mid stage of Jane's....He yelped into his echo off key those early early shows....Than he seemed to kinda take singing more serious and actually kinda learned how to sing....Found that soft angel voice and put it up against that bark of gravel....dynamics....The early shows we powerful in a punk rock way...a visual fireworks of energy....But Perry actually became a "better singer" a bit later....I love his voice in his prime...There was a point where he had a unearthly ability.....my friends think it's fingers on a chalk board....fuck em' :heart: ...heehee

Pillar Girl

#96 Post by Pillar Girl » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:25 pm

when I saw them in Portland, Oregon @ starry night club in 1989, the club sat around 400 people, and most left after the main set,
and I knew they would do an encore, so there was about 20 of us remaining and watched them perform Chip Away & Jane Says,
I was about 10 feet from the band right in front of the stage, something i will never forget, just wish i had brought a camera...

I do hope the ritual performance will live up to the expectations of us fans, we shall see.

nausearockpig

#97 Post by nausearockpig » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:34 pm

S&M wrote:It's funny because people say..."Perry could sing in the early days" ....Perry actually learned to sing mid stage of Jane's....He yelped into his echo off key those early early shows....Than he seemed to kinda take singing more serious and actually kinda learned how to sing....Found that soft angel voice and put it up against that bark of gravel....dynamics....The early shows we powerful in a punk rock way...a visual fireworks of energy....But Perry actually became a "better singer" a bit later....I love his voice in his prime...There was a point where he had a unearthly ability.....my friends think it's fingers on a chalk board....fuck em' :heart: ...heehee
yeah I like his out of control screaming, screeching and the sound of his voice plus his echo effects in the V1.0 days, that's not to say he was a good singer per se, he had an excellent sound and i loved his vocal delivery, now when he sings (albeit technically better than in the 1.0 days) it sounds like crooning Buble style... not what Jane's Addiction should be...

S&M

#98 Post by S&M » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:43 pm

No No you got me wrong!!!!....I'm saying somewhere before nothing's shocking got released....I saw them really early man.....Once they went major Perry kinda stepped up and started singing more on key...Look I love all that yelping echo drenched shit myself...He just learned how to kinda make his voice.....I don't know?....kinda unearthly...magical....before that in the xxx it was more punk :heart:

nausearockpig

#99 Post by nausearockpig » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:52 pm

S&M wrote:No No you got me wrong!!!!....I'm saying somewhere before nothing's shocking got released....I saw them really early man.....Once they went major Perry kinda stepped up and started singing more on key...Look I love all that yelping echo drenched shit myself...He just learned how to kinda make his voice.....I don't know?....kinda unearthly...magical....before that in the xxx it was more punk :heart:
yeh i get ya :-)

S&M

#100 Post by S&M » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:57 pm

Let me put it this way....At the time singers who could sing in a higher register were where it was at....His voice went from a gothic new wavy voice to learning how to navigate higher registers...and I think he enjoyed that he could?...His voice changed....That's when I thought wow!!!...This dude has a un-nerving crazy voice....and the way he started using echo and almost harmonizing with himself....I was like a kid on acid watching it unfold.....flat out trippin' ....something about his kinda off key but on key thing just touched me.....still does :heart:

kv

#101 Post by kv » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:59 pm

And now he sucks...the end

S&M

#102 Post by S&M » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:15 pm

Oh stop!!!...KV you might be my favorite person on these boards....you've always been kind to me "Spunkmuffin" ...He just older man...They still having fun rockin'...Don't be so grouchy old man...luv ya....night all :heart:

S&M

#103 Post by S&M » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:32 pm

I still think that warfield gig in the city gunna have that "it"....I just feel it?....Hope I'm right....Ritual is my favorite album from the alternative era....shit fucked my head up....like I have said a couple times....it was Holy to me....I just hope Jane's understands that and leaves it all on the stage....I still Love them :heart:

nausearockpig

#104 Post by nausearockpig » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:36 pm

S&M wrote:I still think that warfield gig in the city gunna have that "it"....I just feel it?....Hope I'm right....Ritual is my favorite album from the alternative era....shit fucked my head up....like I have said a couple times....it was Holy to me....I just hope Jane's understands that and leaves it all on the stage....I still Love them :heart:
you should hit dave & perry up on FB and ask them to do it like the old days.....

S&M

#105 Post by S&M » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:39 pm

They better put balls out cuz I can't even say how much $200 bucks hurts my life right now....my fucking heart failure and bills almost made me pass....if you see this Perry sing yer balls off!!!!....Kidding kinda :boobs: :heart: :tiphat: