Perry Farrell Talks New Mystery Project, Kurt Cobain Meeting

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Pandemonium

Re: Perry Farrell Talks New Mystery Project, Kurt Cobain Mee

#21 Post by Pandemonium » Fri May 22, 2015 11:22 am

Six7Six7 wrote:
bman wrote: The problem is that these guys just don't give a fuck anymore.
No, I think the 3 guys playing instruments give a fuck.

Here's a video from when the School of Rock kids showed up in Philadelphia.

Notice there are 3 members of Jane's Addiction in the jam room jamming.

Notice that the drummer relinquished his seat and is singing.

Notice the singer of Jane's Addiction is nowhere to be found.
Come on, Perry has his own kids he needs the maid to deal with. Don't overload the guy's day.

Tyler Durden

#22 Post by Tyler Durden » Fri May 22, 2015 11:37 am

The last time Chaney's Addiction wrote/recorded a new song, we got this:

Perry...please stop with the lame projects involving dj culture, theatre, your wife, etc...and stop raping Jane. Just quietly show up at Lollapalooza every year, pretend you're Bill Graham, and collect your corporate sponsorship money.

bman

#23 Post by bman » Fri May 22, 2015 12:39 pm

Everybody's Friend wrote:
bman wrote:...The problem is that these guys just don't give a fuck anymore.
Yet you'll willingly shell over hundreds of dollars to support them shitting all over their fans....?

:hs:

On stage they ALL give a fuck. The shows are still very very good. They don't give a fuck to ever try to make a great record again or be a legit not just nostalgic act.

someguy

#24 Post by someguy » Fri May 22, 2015 1:08 pm

I will never be excited by anything this band does ever again- and yet here I am. 5 bucks this not so secret project has a dobel tie in

Romeo

#25 Post by Romeo » Fri May 22, 2015 2:00 pm

bman wrote:
Everybody's Friend wrote:
bman wrote:...The problem is that these guys just don't give a fuck anymore.
Yet you'll willingly shell over hundreds of dollars to support them shitting all over their fans....?

:hs:

On stage they ALL give a fuck. The shows are still very very good. They don't give a fuck to ever try to make a great record again or be a legit not just nostalgic act.
They are lazy.
All of them.

Dave's solo is very soulful and beautiful. This is from 2001

this is what you posted

This is FLAT and boring. They don't give a fuck.

Larry B.

#26 Post by Larry B. » Fri May 22, 2015 2:45 pm

There used to be poetry in their playing. Their added value was huge. Today, the notes are right and that's about as good as it gets. Perry is absolutely detached from the words he wrote, Perkins left his tribal playing behind and became a much "squarer" drummer, Chaney doesn't provide the added excitement that comes with Avery or Flea or Martyn, and Dave mostly goes with the motions and complains to the sound engineers.

kv

#27 Post by kv » Fri May 22, 2015 3:37 pm

the fire is out

all we are left with is the charred remains and the scorched earth and etty is pissing on it :lolol:

Romeo

#28 Post by Romeo » Fri May 22, 2015 4:51 pm

Larry B. wrote:There used to be poetry in their playing. Their added value was huge. Today, the notes are right and that's about as good as it gets. Perry is absolutely detached from the words he wrote, Perkins left his tribal playing behind and became a much "squarer" drummer, Chaney doesn't provide the added excitement that comes with Avery or Flea or Martyn, and Dave mostly goes with the motions and complains to the sound engineers.
:nod:

nashtheslash

#29 Post by nashtheslash » Sat May 23, 2015 12:06 am

Perry has no right even to breath Kurt Cobain's name...Kurt out ruled him by a long shot.wrote better songs and just out lived jane's,,,pukes you are as jane's fans to even think Perry could even be compared to Kurt.,,not even close...Kurt ruled over perry. :lolol:

trevor ayer

#30 Post by trevor ayer » Sat May 23, 2015 9:36 am

nashtheslash wrote:Perry has no right even to breath Kurt Cobain's name...Kurt out ruled him by a long shot.wrote better songs and just out lived jane's,,,pukes you are as jane's fans to even think Perry could even be compared to Kurt.,,not even close...Kurt ruled over perry. :lolol:
Eggy may suck but at least she did not murder perry (well his career maybe) Courtney strait up pulled the trigger and has been milking the "grieving widow" act worse than yoko ever since. Montage of heck was just all about Courtney's tits and an effort to make Kurt look like a worse parent than Courtney. Every ounce that oozes out of Courtney smells like a junkie who murdered Kurt for tha cash and more drugs ... She even pulls the typical self mocker to deflect truth effect with her new ms narcissist tune ... Even the kid know to stay away from that pig

JOEinPHX

#31 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat May 23, 2015 11:18 am

trevor ayer wrote:
nashtheslash wrote:Perry has no right even to breath Kurt Cobain's name...Kurt out ruled him by a long shot.wrote better songs and just out lived jane's,,,pukes you are as jane's fans to even think Perry could even be compared to Kurt.,,not even close...Kurt ruled over perry. :lolol:
Eggy may suck but at least she did not murder perry (well his career maybe) Courtney strait up pulled the trigger and has been milking the "grieving widow" act worse than yoko ever since. Montage of heck was just all about Courtney's tits and an effort to make Kurt look like a worse parent than Courtney. Every ounce that oozes out of Courtney smells like a junkie who murdered Kurt for tha cash and more drugs ... She even pulls the typical self mocker to deflect truth effect with her new ms narcissist tune ... Even the kid know to stay away from that pig
You're a fool. Go away.

trevor ayer

#32 Post by trevor ayer » Sat May 23, 2015 12:42 pm

At least I don't have the panic channel logo tattooed on my ass ...

Tyler Durden

#33 Post by Tyler Durden » Sat May 23, 2015 2:47 pm

trevor ayer wrote: Eggy may suck but at least she did not murder perry (well his career maybe) Courtney strait up pulled the trigger and has been milking the "grieving widow" act worse than yoko ever since. Montage of heck was just all about Courtney's tits and an effort to make Kurt look like a worse parent than Courtney. Every ounce that oozes out of Courtney smells like a junkie who murdered Kurt for tha cash and more drugs ... She even pulls the typical self mocker to deflect truth effect with her new ms narcissist tune ... Even the kid know to stay away from that pig
:blah: Courtney killed Kurt, Elvis is still alive, building 7, grassy knoll, chem trails...I'm a fucking idiot. :blah:

JOEinPHX

#34 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat May 23, 2015 5:39 pm

trevor ayer wrote:At least I don't have the panic channel logo tattooed on my ass ...
That's a slightly less stupid conspiracy theory than "Courtney killed Kurt", but still stupid none the less.

Larry B.

#35 Post by Larry B. » Sat May 23, 2015 6:00 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
trevor ayer wrote: Eggy may suck but at least she did not murder perry (well his career maybe) Courtney strait up pulled the trigger and has been milking the "grieving widow" act worse than yoko ever since. Montage of heck was just all about Courtney's tits and an effort to make Kurt look like a worse parent than Courtney. Every ounce that oozes out of Courtney smells like a junkie who murdered Kurt for tha cash and more drugs ... She even pulls the typical self mocker to deflect truth effect with her new ms narcissist tune ... Even the kid know to stay away from that pig
:blah: Courtney killed Kurt, Elvis is still alive, building 7, grassy knoll, chem trails...I'm a fucking idiot. :blah:
I'm worried about the presence of "Building 7" in there. Are you serious? Believing the official version of that story is like believing in creationism. It's ludicrous.

Tyler Durden

#36 Post by Tyler Durden » Sat May 23, 2015 7:36 pm

Larry B. wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:
I'm worried about the presence of "Building 7" in there. Are you serious? Believing the official version of that story is like believing in creationism. It's ludicrous.
The most reasonable conspiracy theory surrounding 9/11 is that Flight 93 was shot down. It's not an off the wall presumption. Nor is the government having known the specifics of Bin Laden's plan and just let it happen (in order to justify their foreign policy plans for the future). But different planes, controlled demolitions, etc...too stupid for words. Respond if you must, but I'm already done with this topic.

Larry B.

#37 Post by Larry B. » Sat May 23, 2015 8:47 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
Larry B. wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:
The most reasonable conspiracy theory surrounding 9/11 is that Flight 93 was shot down. It's not an off the wall presumption. Nor is the government having known the specifics of Bin Laden's plan and just let it happen (in order to justify their foreign policy plans for the future). But different planes, controlled demolitions, etc...too stupid for words. Respond if you must, but I'm already done with this topic.
OK, I won't bother then. But you're sadly wrong, brainwashed and deluded.

JOEinPHX

#38 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat May 23, 2015 10:45 pm

Anyone who talks about conspiracy theories are assholes and need to shut up.

Mescal

#39 Post by Mescal » Sun May 24, 2015 2:22 am

Six7Six7 wrote:Anyone who talks about conspiracy theories are assholes and need to shut up.
Yes, because everything you read in the papers is true

Larry B.

#40 Post by Larry B. » Sun May 24, 2015 5:37 am

Mescal wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:Anyone who talks about conspiracy theories are assholes and need to shut up.
Especially things that break the laws of physics.

bman

#41 Post by bman » Sun May 24, 2015 6:49 am

Anyone who thinks 9/11 was an inside job is a moron or just someone who hates America. Now this thread has covered everything.

crater

#42 Post by crater » Sun May 24, 2015 8:26 am

Mescal wrote:

JOEinPHX

#43 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun May 24, 2015 11:38 am

Mescal wrote:
No, because lonely dudes in their basements utilizing those exact same papers and some grainy footage on youtube CRACKED THE CASE.

Romeo

#44 Post by Romeo » Sun May 24, 2015 12:14 pm

How the fuck did this get to 9/11??

And to the tinfoil hat wearers, did you have anyone die that day? Or know of anyone?know a first responder? Know of anyone who since died or is suffered from 9/11 related diseases?? Have friends or relatives who still get upset or cry when they talk about either being there or what they witnessed during the recovery? No?
But you saw some other tinfoil hat wearer's you tube video or some bloggers assine "theory"?

Then SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Larry B.

#45 Post by Larry B. » Sun May 24, 2015 1:25 pm

bman wrote:Anyone who thinks 9/11 was an inside job is a moron or just someone who hates America.
Yes, exactly. I don't believe stories that break the laws of physics because I hate America. I also don't believe in Santa because I hate the North Pole.
Romeo wrote:And to the tinfoil hat wearers, did you have anyone die that day? Or know of anyone?know a first responder? Know of anyone who since died or is suffered from 9/11 related diseases?? Have friends or relatives who still get upset or cry when they talk about either being there or what they witnessed during the recovery? No?
No, but I saw three buildings come down and was given explanations that make absolutely no sense according to the laws of the universe.