Casey's daughters music page

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Krink

Re: Casey's daughters music page

#21 Post by Krink » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:30 am

pretty cool...thanks for the share....

and on a side note: you guys really should check out this place with Larry B blocked so you dont even see his posts - its really cool :wave:

SofiaForever

#22 Post by SofiaForever » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:36 pm

To the guy who's all "no merit" blah blah. You're a total asshole. Poppy Jean is a very young talent - I've known her since she was 12. She played her first song down the phone to me when she was 14. This week she turned 18. Last night I saw her play in LA with her band and to see the progression and development of a child into a young adult is so amazing. So, Mr Dismissive, maybe you should direct your horrible negative comments elsewhere. Do you have children? Somehow I doubt it, or you wouldn't be so quick to dismiss a young woman as her art grows and changes.

kv

#23 Post by kv » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:42 pm

Regardless, his opinion is his own. If he doesn't like it that's his right...And to be fair would you rather his comments be in this dark lonely corner of the internet or in the comment section of the YouTube video? This really is the best place no? Thanks for posting though...Your real life connection gives you every right to defend her in this fashion.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#24 Post by Hokahey » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:47 pm

SofiaForever wrote:To the guy who's all "no merit" blah blah. You're a total asshole. Poppy Jean is a very young talent - I've known her since she was 12. She played her first song down the phone to me when she was 14. This week she turned 18. Last night I saw her play in LA with her band and to see the progression and development of a child into a young adult is so amazing. So, Mr Dismissive, maybe you should direct your horrible negative comments elsewhere. Do you have children? Somehow I doubt it, or you wouldn't be so quick to dismiss a young woman as her art grows and changes.
Yeah, no. If she wants to be a known artist, she's going to have to deal with those that don't care for her art. His opinion was provided in a harsh manner, at all.

kv

#25 Post by kv » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:06 pm

Hype

#26 Post by Hype » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:17 am

kv wrote:
It's really strange, yet enjoyable, to watch 50% of Casey Niccoli singing like she's D. Boone. :rockon:

kv

#27 Post by kv » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:03 pm

Did you mean D.Boon? If so it makes you cooler in my book :hehe:

nausearockpig

#28 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:16 pm

A lot of the crowd was really into it.

That Orange amp is cool. I like those amps.

Larry B.

#29 Post by Larry B. » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:23 am

SofiaForever wrote:To the guy who's all "no merit" blah blah. You're a total asshole. Poppy Jean is a very young talent - I've known her since she was 12. She played her first song down the phone to me when she was 14. This week she turned 18. Last night I saw her play in LA with her band and to see the progression and development of a child into a young adult is so amazing. So, Mr Dismissive, maybe you should direct your horrible negative comments elsewhere. Do you have children? Somehow I doubt it, or you wouldn't be so quick to dismiss a young woman as her art grows and changes.
I assume this comment was directed at me, since I was the only one saying that I don't see the appeal in her music.

Your saying "Poppy Jean is a very young talent" would've been appropriate if I had said "she's old." I don't think my comments were "horrible" either, I'm just saying I don't see a special talent in her, and I think the music she creates isn't good. At no point I said "she should quit" or "she'll always be rubbish". I'm just pointing out that there's nothing exceptional in what she's currently making and I don't think she deserves some of the comments that seem to exaggerate her talents.

For instance, last year I found this very young Scottish singer and I believe she's very talented, and at whatever age she is (around 18, I think) she's already showing it. She barely has any followers and it's one of those cases that she might quit music at some point, which would be a shame. Regardless of the different styles they have, I would say one of these two artists is display far more talent and creativity than the other.

[youtube]v=GXF6oP_AEhs[/youtube]

So it's not about age and it's not about dissing other people's efforts. I had a band when I was 17 and it fucking sucked. A few days ago I found the mp3s from the only demo we ever recorded and it's absolute shit, and yet every one of our friends told us how great we were. One of the members of that band still thinks we were great and could've been awesome, to this day. Deluded. Criticism is tough to take, but they are realities that as an artist you have to take. First and foremost, that not everyone will like what you do and not everyone will think you're a special little snowflake.

Hype

#30 Post by Hype » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:00 am

kv wrote:Did you mean D.Boon? If so it makes you cooler in my book :hehe:
That is who I meant... I might have typed "Boone" but I'm going to blame autocorrect anyway. :confused:

nausearockpig

#31 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:48 pm

Jesus fucking christ larry, if you're gonna go on and on about how great your band is, and how awesome your scottish cousin is, maybe have the good sense to you correct your fucken youtoob linky posty thing....

Larry B.

#32 Post by Larry B. » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:22 am

nausearockpig wrote:Jesus fucking christ larry, if you're gonna go on and on about how great your band is, and how awesome your scottish cousin is, maybe have the good sense to you correct your fucken youtoob linky posty thing....

:tiphat:

tvrec

#33 Post by tvrec » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:26 pm

In case anyone here is interested, Poppy Jean Crawford's first single "Wheel" b/w "Superkiss" is now available via Bandcamp:

https://poppyjeancrawford.bandcamp.com/ ... ord-single

I don't know the exact first pressing number, but it's somewhere around 200.

Matz

#34 Post by Matz » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:51 am

not bad at all

kv

#35 Post by kv » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:49 am

Hype

#36 Post by Hype » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:08 pm

kv wrote:
Cool video. Music's a little boring. There are a lot of female singers doing a version of that PJ Harvey-on-Thorazine voice these days. Most notably:

I really like Poppy Jean's stuff, but I'd like it more if it had its own voice.

Matz

#37 Post by Matz » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:49 pm

hard to find one's own voice nowadays so cut her a little slack

trevor ayer

#38 Post by trevor ayer » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:21 pm

cool vid .. cool style .. music doesn't blow me away but I have heard worse from some I would expect much better from ... not too bad!

Hype

#39 Post by Hype » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:02 pm

Matz wrote:hard to find one's own voice nowadays so cut her a little slack
I cut slack! I like it! I also forgot that I said almost the same thing on the previous page. :lol:

SR

#40 Post by SR » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:57 am

I like it, but can't help but to wonder how much influence Casey has on the optics....remind me a lot of Jane's....obviously the BCS vid.,,,rootin for them :banana:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#41 Post by Hokahey » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:36 am

I actually really like that new song/video. And the aesthetics are very, very Casey. They have that old school Jane's video vibe.

I hope her daughter finds a ton of success.

clickie

#42 Post by clickie » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:53 pm

I wonder if she had a hit song would Perry let her play on Lollapalooza

kv

#43 Post by kv » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:16 pm

Ha like she'd want to

danhans

#44 Post by danhans » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:55 pm

Her song Superkiss is quality