Spring/Summer 2015 tour...

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Romeo

Re: Spring/Summer 2015 tour...

#61 Post by Romeo » Tue May 19, 2015 7:28 am

also keep in mind most of those people also think Duran Duran are the shit.

:jasper:

tcrock

#62 Post by tcrock » Tue May 19, 2015 8:12 am

haven't been around here in a while, generally because I know how negative this place is, and also because I think I had finally sort of accepted the demise of Jane's post TGEA and finally had gotten over my fascination with them so to speak.

I heard about the Paramount show a couple of months ago and was kind od so/so on going, Monday night, not a lot of excitement etc, sufficed to say I decided to go, and am glad I did, while it was a short show (NS minus Shower plus BCS, 3 Days and Stop). I'd say in my experience any concerts excitement/fun/awesomeness level is determined by both band and crowd. I got to go see the show with about 6 friends that I had lost track of over the years who are big Jane's fans...not of the overly obsessed/critical nature ; ) So my little group and the crowd as a whole were energetic, into it...so much so that a guy of my age had to be careful to avoid injury. The band seemed to feed off of the crowd energy and performed accordingly, good performance, some classic and relatable Perry banter for a change. Overall just a good experience......the only thing I didn't care for necessarily (and something this board would rail on for sure) was, I believe Perry's classic red wine bottles are now replaced with bottles of Tequila, some shameless promotion......but I got over that pretty quickly ;)

bman

#63 Post by bman » Tue May 19, 2015 9:29 am

Glad you got to see it and enjoy it tcrock. At least Perry didn't mention Dobel! I agree, that was a VERY fun show. Better than NJ and far far better than Brooklyn. Hearing those songs is awesome. The band is great at covering themselves and Perry is still the Ringmaster. Haters can hate all they want. I was there and I know how good they sounded. :cool:

bman

#64 Post by bman » Tue May 19, 2015 9:32 am

[quote="Romeo"]also keep in mind most of those people also think Duran Duran are the shit.

Yea but they knew every song. The cool kids in Williamsburg was the worst crowd ever.

bman

#65 Post by bman » Tue May 19, 2015 9:39 am

Had a Dad from Philly. A little Chaney solo at 2:29! They did it last night too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvhdBR4ahV0

Dave's Pigs solo at 2:50 is different too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1NBVc3uyvY

Larry B.

#66 Post by Larry B. » Tue May 19, 2015 9:58 am

"solo"

tcrock

#67 Post by tcrock » Tue May 19, 2015 10:00 am

bman wrote:Glad you got to see it and enjoy it tcrock. At least Perry didn't mention Dobel! I agree, that was a VERY fun show. Better than NJ and far far better than Brooklyn. Hearing those songs is awesome. The band is great at covering themselves and Perry is still the Ringmaster. Haters can hate all they want. I was there and I know how good they sounded. :cool:
Yeah a friend of mine went to the Brooklyn show and said the band was good but the crowd was lame, thus making his overall experience not a great one. I can't believe the crowd in Brooklyn versus Long Island could be that different.

JOEinPHX

#68 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue May 19, 2015 10:08 am

Romeo wrote:also keep in mind most of those people also think Duran Duran are the shit.

Duran Duran is awesome.

Pandemonium

#69 Post by Pandemonium » Tue May 19, 2015 10:41 am

bman wrote:Brooklyn Bowl was the $125 show, and it was lame. These other shows are $65-$75 I think. Huntington was fun.
That kind of falls in line with the overall Jane's value for your money pricing scheme. The two best Janes shows I've seen the past decade were one of the LA club shows when Eric rejoined the band and the last show with Duff at The Roxy. Both shows were free. Conversely, the worst show I saw the past 10 years was the Wiltern TGEA tour show which was about $80.

JOEinPHX

#70 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue May 19, 2015 11:12 am

Pandemonium wrote:
bman wrote:Brooklyn Bowl was the $125 show, and it was lame. These other shows are $65-$75 I think. Huntington was fun.
That kind of falls in line with the overall Jane's value for your money pricing scheme. The two best Janes shows I've seen the past decade were one of the LA club shows when Eric rejoined the band and the last show with Duff at The Roxy. Both shows were free. Conversely, the worst show I saw the past 10 years was the Wiltern TGEA tour show which was about $80.
I think you're spot on.

The most entertainment I have gotten from a member of Jane's Addiction in the last 6 years has been from Ink Master, which is free.

Noonesshocking

#71 Post by Noonesshocking » Tue May 19, 2015 4:11 pm

It's a fucking joke that they cut shower from the set the other night. It's already bullshit that they haven't been doing thank you boys, but at least they could construct a (weak) defense on that. Not that anyone would give enough of a fuck, but could they get sued for not performing the album in full when the show is advertised as such?

bman

#72 Post by bman » Tue May 19, 2015 5:54 pm

Well they were late on stage...Ted ended and Perry started talking about the Summer. He then told Perkins to start Summertime. After that song him and Dave kind of laughed and Perry pointed to himself and think said something like, 'My Bad'.

blackcoffee

#73 Post by blackcoffee » Tue May 19, 2015 6:16 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
Romeo wrote:also keep in mind most of those people also think Duran Duran are the shit.

Duran Duran is awesome.
For once I can agree with 67 about something. I couldn't have liked Duran Duran growing up. It wasn't cool, but I dig them, and like a lot of their new stuff.

JOEinPHX

#74 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue May 19, 2015 7:39 pm

blackcoffee wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:

Duran Duran is awesome.
For once I can agree with 67 about something. I couldn't have liked Duran Duran growing up. It wasn't cool, but I dig them, and like a lot of their new stuff.
I am not talking about Rio or Hungry Like The Wolf either. I mean, decent songs, but way overplayed.

They are a pretty damn great band though. Caught them live just randomly back when they did their reunion tour about 9 or 10 years ago and it was one of the better shows I had been to in a very long time. It's a lot more of a rock show than you would anticipate for a band so known for being into synths/electronic dancey stuff.

Kill.I.AM

#75 Post by Kill.I.AM » Tue May 19, 2015 8:37 pm

Hey...i went to the Philly show and this is my review. Opening band was an unimaginative "metal jam band"....boring. The crowd of mostly 30 to 40 yo offered some good people watching. It was a mix of those who stayed the freak path and guys that now wear Polo shirts. Lots and lots of Polo shirts. Band was very tight. Navarro has somehow become a better guitarist. He was the highlight of the show. Chris Channey was extremely solid and I couldn't care less that Eric Avery isn't playing with them. Perkins was in top form and kept crowd bobbing all nite long. Some Of Perry's stage banter felt awkward....like referring to the young faces in the crowd...there weren't any....talking about starting a revolution. ...ugh, before they came on, I was conversing with a financial advisor (sp?) Shower and Idiots fell flat and probably shouldn't be played live. The energy was sucked out of the room. It's not gonna be like it was in 1988....the majority of the crowd is recording and posting to social media...the band, is on fire and Perry is STILL the best front man out there. If youre a fan of the band you should see this tour. It was a fun time.

Romeo

#76 Post by Romeo » Wed May 20, 2015 6:30 am

blackcoffee wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:

Duran Duran is awesome.
If I hear them now I still cringe.

I remember being in London in 85 and there was a Duran Duran special on TV (back when they only had BBC1, BBC2 and SkyTV. Cable was just starting there) and thinking "these guys look and sound like like idiots"

bman

#77 Post by bman » Wed May 20, 2015 7:23 am

Summertime Rolls Capitol Theater.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucGMA1PHqeE

Mescal

#78 Post by Mescal » Thu May 21, 2015 10:25 pm

bman wrote:Summertime Rolls Capitol Theater.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucGMA1PHqeE

Yeah, they still got it :eyes: