The Legacy Of Jane's Addiction: A Thread.

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Matz

Re: The Legacy Of Jane's Addiction: A Thread.

#26 Post by Matz » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:24 pm

GGU would have been my choice

LJF

#27 Post by LJF » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:44 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:Of all the amazing things you could have listened to on the beach in Jamaica, and you went with a Jane's Addiction bootleg? :confused:

I can't tell if you are joking. I'm going with you aren't. You see that is the thing I still think it is amazing. Your hatred for Perry and Etty is well documented, but try to put that aside, clear your mind and listen to some early JA. Do you really not think it is amazing. I get it I have the advantage of not being around on the prior board and getting involved in the group the way others have. The bootleg took me to another place. It was awesome. JA 1.0 were for real, the latest not so much.

What the early band did was great. They had their moment and it should be remembered as being inspiring. Yes Perry in particular has changed, but that shouldn't destroy what they once were. Enjoy it.

Matz

#28 Post by Matz » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:33 am

I think you've missed the boat or somethin, no one here thinks 1.0 sucks because of the joke perry has now turned into...I don't anyway, I love 1.0 and my dearest relapse tour

kv

#29 Post by kv » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:42 am

Yep we almost all still love 1.0

JOEinPHX

#30 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:33 pm

LJF wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:Of all the amazing things you could have listened to on the beach in Jamaica, and you went with a Jane's Addiction bootleg? :confused:

I can't tell if you are joking. I'm going with you aren't. You see that is the thing I still think it is amazing. Your hatred for Perry and Etty is well documented, but try to put that aside, clear your mind and listen to some early JA. Do you really not think it is amazing. I get it I have the advantage of not being around on the prior board and getting involved in the group the way others have. The bootleg took me to another place. It was awesome. JA 1.0 were for real, the latest not so much.

What the early band did was great. They had their moment and it should be remembered as being inspiring. Yes Perry in particular has changed, but that shouldn't destroy what they once were. Enjoy it.
I just think it's weird. I don't know if young Perry screaming "sex is violent" is the vibe for a beach.

As was previously mentioned, GGU would have, and should have, been your sonic experience. They recorded it while surfing. I mean come on. You might as well have just said "I went to Tahiti and listened to Superhero"

JOEinPHX

#31 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:23 pm

I just realized I am trying to tell you what you're going to get the most enjoyment out of.

I apologize. :tiphat: