RHCP doing Jane's / PFP tributes

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
janesbiggestfan

RHCP doing Jane's / PFP tributes

#1 Post by janesbiggestfan » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:21 am

Anyone else notice that in the south american lollapalooza shows they played the Whores bassline, a part of I would for you and Porpoise Head?

Josh also seems to love One hot minute as he also teased several parts from that album...

Do you think it's just a gentle stroking of Perryettys ego for the Lolla big paydays (i'm assuming) or do the Chilli's genuinely respect Perry/Jane's???

I always thought Anthony had a sort of hatred/resentment against Dave for the obvious reasons and for Perry due to Flea's role in Relapse (sort of jelousy if I remember correctly from his memoir book).

And Flea seams to hate both Dave and Perry in retrospect.... like he regrets doing it and wants to make it dissapear...

sort of tying this into the general "OHM era didnt happen" attitude they seem to have....

ps: these shows in these lollapalooza southamerican countries are just fucking terrible... check them out on youtube... awfulll........what happened to them...they've dropped several levels of greatness since slane castle....

elbuitre

Re: RHCP doing Jane's / PFP tributes

#2 Post by elbuitre » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:14 am

Didn't know Flea had a problem with Perry although it wouldn't be that surprising.

Didn't he play with Perry and Dave in 2008 just before Eric re-joined? Remember them playing Mountain Song.

Anyone have a clip of Flea playing the Whores bassline at these Lolla gigs?

bman

#3 Post by bman » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:37 am

Flea is close with Perry. Not with Dave.

someguy

#4 Post by someguy » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:26 am

I'd take a look at "Dave speaks on how he didn't jive with the peppers" thread- good info in there. On the second page

Matz

#5 Post by Matz » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:10 am

janesbiggestfan wrote: Josh also seems to love One hot minute as he also teased several parts from that album...
did he really?! How cool, I'd love to hear it but then I'd have to sit through Snow and all that other pop garbage they've released in the past 14 years to find it. He probably got chewed out afterwards: "That album doesn't exist anymore, fool, stop it!"

SR

#6 Post by SR » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:20 am

Just checked out a few cuts. They're old, but they still really try.

As with the IWY tour I saw, and followed, Chad is still really throwing down. Josh simply doesn't have the musical chops or intuition to play with Flea, thought there is a camaraderie there that can't be denied.

I didn't look long enough to hear any of the teases mentioned, but if anyone knows which parts of which shows, please post. Here's a taste of the opener, a jam as usual.....not horrible :noclue: