perryetty breaking up?

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
SR

Re: perryetty breaking up?

#326 Post by SR » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:36 am

Yeah, I actually called in a favor to see the ns show and just retracted it. Even the power of ns, and it's proportional impact on my life is no match for this cunt.

Larry B.

#327 Post by Larry B. » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:56 pm

SR wrote:I want to sincerely apologize to everyone who posts in the etty thread.
SR wrote:Good god, I despise the Farrell's
SR wrote:I will never support them in any way again. :nod:
SR wrote:Even the power of ns, and it's proportional impact on my life is no match for this cunt.

crater

#328 Post by crater » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:46 pm

Larry B. wrote:
SR wrote:I want to sincerely apologize to everyone who posts in the etty thread.
SR wrote:Good god, I despise the Farrell's
SR wrote:I will never support them in any way again. :nod:
SR wrote:Even the power of ns, and it's proportional impact on my life is no match for this cunt.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#329 Post by Hokahey » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:51 pm

Holy shit at that response. Classic. I can only imagine the tantrum Etty will throw when she reads it.

blackcoffee

#330 Post by blackcoffee » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:37 pm

I just got an idea for a reality TV show. It's basically about classless people with money who behave very much the way Perry and Etty seem to behave. Someone==a handler, or whoever, then attempts to school them on how to treat those in the service industry with grace. Hijinks ensue.

Probably the worst thing here is how Perry goes to such great lengths to defend Mother Eagle. I understand he should take her side in most matters. After all, they're partners, but you'd think he would have more sense. You'd think. In his Facebook review I was once again reminded how uneducated he sounds. A shame.

JOEinPHX

#331 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:51 pm

blackcoffee wrote:I just got an idea for a reality TV show. It's basically about classless people with money who behave very much the way Perry and Etty seem to behave. Someone==a handler, or whoever, then attempts to school them on how to treat those in the service industry with grace. Hijinks ensue.

I've been saying this for awhile. Minus the handler. Just send Etty to 5 star restaurants and resorts and roll the cameras.

Pandemonium

#332 Post by Pandemonium » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:40 pm

Six7Six7 wrote: I've been saying this for awhile. Minus the handler. Just send Etty to 5 star restaurants and resorts and roll the cameras.
Already tried that with Rock Star Wives and got zero ratings and the entire staff commited ritual suicide due to the shame of being associated with the show. No one's gonna stick their head in that Great White Shark's mouth again.

kv

#333 Post by kv » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:13 am

SR wrote:
cricket_bows wrote:
bman wrote:Perry's not a douche at all.
You ok?
Love b's optimism but I actually thought the same thing. When does external influence exempt anyone from their behavior?
it's a fair point, perry's fight with us on the boards was defending etty :drink: [blink]attn creep[/blink] can this be the :etty: emo for this board pls? Image
Last edited by kv on Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

kv

#334 Post by kv » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:14 am

Pandemonium wrote:
crater wrote:Image.
Sez the bimbo hogging the exotic butter sample plate.
quality line :tiphat:

bman

#335 Post by bman » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:59 am

What exactly did Perry do. People complain on Yelp all the time about service. I actually think Perry was probably enjoying himself with the Wine and Strangers! It's when his Wife starting yapping at another customer and probably started yapping in his ear did he even begin to care. He shouldn't have written about it on Facebook. But I've walked out from Restaurants in a bad mood before too. I don't care about that. I care that his wife thinks she's somehow a celebrity.

SR, don't miss the NS show. Just ignore the social media shit. Don't let the outside nonsense ruin a great time for you.

Romeo

#336 Post by Romeo » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:41 am

bman wrote:What exactly did Perry do. People complain on Yelp all the time about service. I actually think Perry was probably enjoying himself with the Wine and Strangers! It's when his Wife starting yapping at another customer and probably started yapping in his ear did he even begin to care. He shouldn't have written about it on Facebook. But I've walked out from Restaurants in a bad mood before too. I don't care about that. I care that his wife thinks she's somehow a celebrity.

SR, don't miss the NS show. Just ignore the social media shit. Don't let the outside nonsense ruin a great time for you.
I know Perry can do no wrong in your eyes but:
I had to ask Darick, sitting across from me, what he was doing, since I refused to turn & stare; Darick informed me he was waving his arms around & twerking. They seemed to be going back & forth a lot, & seemed to be having some difficulty managing their children
(from the blog of a customer). The owner call "them" "unruly" and not just the children

She might of been a bitch, but he was acting like an ass. He was not entertaining and considering only ONE diner recognized him, the rest of the patrons could give a shit who he was, he came off as "obnoxious"

bman

#337 Post by bman » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:26 am

Oh social media how you have ruined the world! If I can't watch it on youtube then it is all just heresay! The sad thing is that Janes is playing NS in Norway after the London shows and no one cares!

Matz

#338 Post by Matz » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:31 am

Norway!? :lol: wtf are they doin' upthere..

Essence_Smith

#339 Post by Essence_Smith » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:03 am

Buncha fuckin drama queens I swear...every last one of us... :no:

Romeo

#340 Post by Romeo » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:25 am

bman wrote:Oh social media how you have ruined the world! If I can't watch it on youtube then it is all just heresay! The sad thing is that Janes is playing NS in Norway after the London shows and no one cares!
helllooooo...the handful of old timey fans they have left don't care. You think Norwegians do?
They dropped the ball many many times. they should of been touring NS 6 fucking years ago when Eric was back in the fold and at least they had some attention being on tour with NIN. So they wait 26 years? And now the world doesn't care...they are one step away from playing County Fairs.

OH They're doing it now probably because Perry is bucking for a RnR HOF nod. One more thing to stroke his inflated ego

Larry B.

#341 Post by Larry B. » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:32 am

Romeo wrote:they are one step away from playing County Fairs.
Let's not forget those awesome performances at shoe stores.

Hype

#342 Post by Hype » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:37 am

I was under the impression that EA's brief return was conditional on NOT being a mere nostalgia act -- on making new music. So maybe the idea to tour a whole album was floated back then but vetoed under the circumstances. Plus it does sort of make sense to do it as a 25 year anniversary tour thing. (Well, actually it doesn't make much sense at all, since JA wasn't a band for so many of those years, and has been a DIFFERENT, far worse, band for almost all of them...)

Nobody really cared back in 2003 either. I do recall friends getting into Just Because a bit that summer because it was played on the radio quite a bit, but these weren't music fans / people who would go see a band because of that one song they heard and kind of liked. Plus I think a lot of them only noticed it because I kept talking about how great I thought Jane's Addiction were... so they could say: "Yeah, I like that one song."

And that was already 6 years removed from Relapse, which was probably the last time Perry still had vocal chords that could consistently hit the notes in the old songs (or the new ones, for that matter... Jesus Christ... Price I Pay is the worst vocal track ever, like if Brandon Boyd from Incubus inhaled helium while someone scraped his throat with a rake. :jasper:

The only thing that keeps me even thinking about JA is that every once in a while I can put on Nothing's Shocking and hear something that doesn't sound like almost anything else (then or now). But it's been 25 years. The bands that were influenced by JA are all defunct, and even some of the bands influenced by those influences are defunct. There's been so much change in the world and in music since JA, and Napster... there really isn't anything special left here.

The difference between now and 1988 is the same as the difference between 1988 and 1962... Think about all the music genres, bands, fads, etc., that came and went between those two and a half decades. The only way to maintain timelessness would have been for JA to stay dead, and even then it was a crapshoot, and the two albums, as great as they still are, just don't hold as much weight as they did. They can't. No band's one or two great albums can.

bman

#343 Post by bman » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:53 am

The Facebook posts, twitter etc, Etty, Dave and his stupid shit makes it all very depressing. But then I remember the Vegas NS shows and they were top notch. I'm going to Baltimore in September and I'm sure it'll be fun.

Essence_Smith

#344 Post by Essence_Smith » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:09 am

I still don't get why people pay attention if they don't like what they see...I used to LOVE Guns N Roses back in the day...haven't paid attention to a thing Axl's done in years, cause if I did I'd be on the GNR board arguing with people over there. I don't rubberneck accidents and my ma always told me to move the other way when you see a fight in public...this has kept me sane and actually saved me from getting shot twice...yalls should just make this a Hello Kitty board or something...

Essence_Smith

#345 Post by Essence_Smith » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:52 am

Why is there no thread here about what's going on in Israel? Perhaps we're too busy being entertained by Etty's tweets? :balls:

Larry B.

#346 Post by Larry B. » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:58 am

Essence_Smith wrote:haven't paid attention to a thing Axl's done in years
Essence_Smith, at some point in 2012 wrote:I know its easy to say & a tough position for Slash and co to be in, but the other original members are to blame for Axl being able to cash in off the name...they caved in and signed over their rights to it years ago ensuring that Axl would always be able to cash in and basically set him up for life off a tantrum and threats he made...
:essence:

And there's no "WTF is Israel doing?" thread because it'd be one or two posts followed by a wall of text by Hype explaining how, from a very specific perspective, Israel's actions are technically, technically justifiable, which in turn kills the thread.

Pointless.

wally

#347 Post by wally » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:44 am

Essence_Smith wrote:I still don't get why people pay attention if they don't like what they see...I used to LOVE Guns N Roses back in the day...haven't paid attention to a thing Axl's done in years, cause if I did I'd be on the GNR board arguing with people over there. I don't rubberneck accidents and my ma always told me to move the other way when you see a fight in public...this has kept me sane and actually saved me from getting shot twice...yalls should just make this a Hello Kitty board or something...
fuck dude, we know.

chaos

#348 Post by chaos » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:08 am

:lol:

Essence_Smith

#349 Post by Essence_Smith » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:11 am

Don't get me wrong...if I felt like it was a complete wash I'd bow out believe it or not...I'm glad I can come here and at least the TV show threads are cool, I wouldn't know anything about Faith No More's new material, etc if I wasn't here, etc...and overall I still enjoy the place. I just need to train myself to avoid the whole JA news section... :hehe:

Essence_Smith

#350 Post by Essence_Smith » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:12 am

Larry B. wrote:
Essence_Smith wrote:haven't paid attention to a thing Axl's done in years
Essence_Smith, at some point in 2012 wrote:I know its easy to say & a tough position for Slash and co to be in, but the other original members are to blame for Axl being able to cash in off the name...they caved in and signed over their rights to it years ago ensuring that Axl would always be able to cash in and basically set him up for life off a tantrum and threats he made...
:essence:

And there's no "WTF is Israel doing?" thread because it'd be one or two posts followed by a wall of text by Hype explaining how, from a very specific perspective, Israel's actions are technically, technically justifiable, which in turn kills the thread.

Pointless.
You are probably 100% right... :neutral:

As for Axl, I know he said he's retiring recently and I heard Duff recently got with him, but you will not see me reading his or any of their tweets or banging my head about what a clusterfuck that whole thing is now...and at the very least Axl has always been the way he is and never tried to fool anyone into thinking he's some sort of nice guy like Perry has for all these years...and news flash, 2012 was years ago... :wink: