perry and etty's new video

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
trevor ayer

Re: perry and etty's new video

#151 Post by trevor ayer » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:21 pm

Essence_Smith wrote:Karen O??? O for overrated??? :lolol:

Trevor will have company on the crazy train... that chick sucks...btw what is her band doing nowadays???
Karen O gots a couple good tunes on that record with Zero on it ... love that tune .. haven't heard much other stuff but happy to ride that crazy train over the vedder led snoozefest .. then again .. dave stephen and chris cant write for shit .. so it will suck no matter who gets pulled in .. vedder would only make the sucking even worse .. yes it is possible

JOEinPHX

#152 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:33 pm

Trevor will have company on the crazy train... that chick sucks...btw what is her band doing nowadays???
They put out a new album about a year ago. What else should they be doing? :noclue:

bman

#153 Post by bman » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:02 am

Six7Six7 wrote:

They put out a new album about a year ago. What else should they be doing? :noclue:

I like some YYY songs. I actually saw their guitarist yesterday getting a coffee! I didn't care though, you know why, cause no one cares. YYY's have some catchy tunes and I Love Dispair, but they're not THAT great and aren't part of any cultural movement.

Essence_Smith

#154 Post by Essence_Smith » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:16 am

Six7Six7 wrote:They put out a new album about a year ago. What else should they be doing? :noclue:
Making some noise...lots of albums came out last year...bottom line is this:
bman wrote:they're not THAT great and aren't part of any cultural movement.
So if you're a fan that is fine...but Karen O fronting JA is about as crazy as saying Outkast isn't a "headliner"...they tried replacing Perry...they sucked without him...he sucks without them...it's about chemistry people, you can't just go around trying to replace singers...

Pandemonium

#155 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:51 am

Essence_Smith wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:They put out a new album about a year ago. What else should they be doing? :noclue:
So if you're a fan that is fine...but Karen O fronting JA is about as crazy as saying Outkast isn't a "headliner"...they tried replacing Perry...they sucked without him...he sucks without them...it's about chemistry people, you can't just go around trying to replace singers...
AC/DC sez otherwise.

Essence_Smith

#156 Post by Essence_Smith » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:57 am

Pandemonium wrote:
Essence_Smith wrote:
AC/DC sez otherwise.
Sabbath as well to some extent, but it's not an easy move to make because we can name MANY other situations where trying to replace the singer has killed the band...

Hokahey
Site Admin

#157 Post by Hokahey » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:39 pm

Yeah yeah y eahs were fucking amazing right through Fever to Tell. Anyone who says otherwise is fucking nuts. I saw them on thst tour and it was incredible. Saw them at the Metro in Chicago. Karen O wrapped like a mummy in Christmas lights with the microphone shoved in her mouth screaming AAARRTSTARR was some of the best showmanship I'd seen since P4P.

JOEinPHX

#158 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:42 pm

hokahey wrote:Yeah yeah y eahs were fucking amazing right through Fever to Tell. Anyone who says otherwise is fucking nuts. I saw them on thst tour and it was incredible. Saw them at the Metro in Chicago. Karen O wrapped like a mummy in Christmas lights with the microphone shoved in her mouth screaming AAARRTSTARR was some of the best showmanship I'd seen since P4P.
See, Hoka knows.

trevor ayer

#159 Post by trevor ayer » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:09 pm

if you have tony iomi, eddie van halen or the young brothers writing the tunes you can replace the singer .. dave can't write for another singer .. he does better with his own songs he sings but from strays forward he has proven he can't bring enough to the table on his own without a ton of help .. the singer matters too much with the janes gang

Hokahey
Site Admin

#160 Post by Hokahey » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:29 pm

None of them can do anything worthwhile with or without one another anymore except maybe Eric.

clickie

#161 Post by clickie » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:48 pm

Essence_Smith wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
Essence_Smith wrote:
AC/DC sez otherwise.
Sabbath as well to some extent, but it's not an easy move to make because we can name MANY other situations where trying to replace the singer has killed the band...

I was never able to take Dio seriously as a replacement for Ozzy. He had a cool looking album cover though. In the middle of the sheet you can see that same face he used later on.

The Tony iommi album cover was wicked too.

tvrec

#162 Post by tvrec » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:25 pm

Artemis

#163 Post by Artemis » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:59 pm

What a nerve to charge $1.29 for that kaka! :lol:

JOEinPHX

#164 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:02 pm

Has this gone viral yet? :lol:

Pandemonium

#165 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:34 pm

clickie wrote:Image
That Ian Gillan-fronted album remains my favorite Black Sabbath album.