Dave speaks on how he didn't jive with the Peppers

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
thoreau

Re: Dave speaks on how he didn't jive with the Peppers

#201 Post by thoreau » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:31 am

Six7Six7 wrote:I think I actually like Polar Bear more than Decon

I like Dave as a guitar player but in both projects the most interesting things were what Eric was doing.
That's the way I feel with Decon as well.

Love the Polar Bear material as well. I really wish they had gone farther.

Kajicat

#202 Post by Kajicat » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:05 pm

clickie wrote:Decon is one of those cd's where i'll have the volume cranked up rocking out and then once Erics voice kicks in I'm like holy shit turn that shit down.
:lol: Same here! I can't stand Eric's vocals. Love the album musically but his vocals practically ruin it for me. Still own it, though.

Oh, and Sonny's remarks about OHM are atrocious, but hey, everyone's got an opinion.

someguy

#203 Post by someguy » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:55 am

"@Flea333 @DaveNavarro is a beautiful musician and I am grateful for my time playing with him"

At least on Flea's end there's no bad blood

Hokahey
Site Admin

#204 Post by Hokahey » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:24 pm

someguy wrote:"@Flea333 @DaveNavarro is a beautiful musician and I am grateful for my time playing with him"

I'd expect nothing less from Flea, who doesn't seem to have a mean bone in his body.

Matz

#205 Post by Matz » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:41 pm

someguy wrote:"@Flea333 @DaveNavarro is a beautiful musician and I am grateful for my time playing with him"

ok, that's pretty cool. Now if he'd said exactly that from the stage at the HOF thing I'd have been slightly happier. But of course that would have taken a good 2-3 seconds, maybe they were on a clock :noclue:

I wonder what Dave'll do if Anthony comes out and says the same thing. Those blacked out dolphins are gonna be a problem

Warped

#206 Post by Warped » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:31 pm

Way cool of Flea :thumb: and no AK will never do that.

trevor ayer

#207 Post by trevor ayer » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:01 am

honestly tho .. how many ex junkies go around blathering how they are 'grateful' for this and that and who and what .. everything .. oooh i'm just so grateful .. flea seems fun and all, but it's hardly a commentary on his relationship with dave and more of the mindless drivel that ex junkies spout about every aspect of their life .. like they have had some spiritiual awakening and are no longer the complete douchebags they were during their junkie life .. which is just complete show and no substance .. its like those born agains who say "thank the lord" and "god bless" every minute even tho they did awful things their entire life .. like that makes it all better .. the fact that dave was not invited to hof speaks huge of flea and his buddies .. some little hippie ex junkie slogan doesn't make up for this huge slap in daves face

SR

#208 Post by SR » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:02 am

Flea's not a junkie.

Romeo

#209 Post by Romeo » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:03 am

Flea :rockon:

So I go back to my original statement that it's not Flea, It's not Chad.....the resentment is still with Anthony.

Larry B.

#210 Post by Larry B. » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:41 am

trevor ayer wrote:honestly tho .. how many ex junkies go around blathering how they are 'grateful' for this and that and who and what .. everything .. oooh i'm just so grateful .. flea seems fun and all, but it's hardly a commentary on his relationship with dave and more of the mindless drivel that ex junkies spout about every aspect of their life .. like they have had some spiritiual awakening and are no longer the complete douchebags they were during their junkie life .. which is just complete show and no substance .. its like those born agains who say "thank the lord" and "god bless" every minute even tho they did awful things their entire life .. like that makes it all better .. the fact that dave was not invited to hof speaks huge of flea and his buddies .. some little hippie ex junkie slogan doesn't make up for this huge slap in daves face
Now, THIS Trevor I can support. I like Flea and all, but you're right: this is essentially junkie talk.

SR

#211 Post by SR » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:53 am

It's recovery talk a la the 12 step program, of which he's not a part of because he's not a junkie. Just flower child speak.

Pure Method

#212 Post by Pure Method » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:56 am

I agree it's mostly an empty sentiment. Like a corporation apologizing for an "alleged" scandal.

Kajicat

#213 Post by Kajicat » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:47 pm

Larry B. wrote:
trevor ayer wrote:honestly tho .. how many ex junkies go around blathering how they are 'grateful' for this and that and who and what .. everything .. oooh i'm just so grateful .. flea seems fun and all, but it's hardly a commentary on his relationship with dave and more of the mindless drivel that ex junkies spout about every aspect of their life .. like they have had some spiritiual awakening and are no longer the complete douchebags they were during their junkie life .. which is just complete show and no substance .. its like those born agains who say "thank the lord" and "god bless" every minute even tho they did awful things their entire life .. like that makes it all better .. the fact that dave was not invited to hof speaks huge of flea and his buddies .. some little hippie ex junkie slogan doesn't make up for this huge slap in daves face
Now, THIS Trevor I can support. I like Flea and all, but you're right: this is essentially junkie talk.
Both of you don't know much about Flea, then. He's not a junkie. Dave and Anthony were the two using heroin. Flea maybe smokes weed and might have a drink now and then. Chad drinks and smokes cigs a lot and might smoke weed once in a while.

Larry B.

#214 Post by Larry B. » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:55 pm

Well, I could concede that maybe the word "junkie" isn't the best (if Flea has in fact stayed clean from the uglier stuff,) but then it's just empty talk. Like when friends say "I love you" to each other but secretly be envious behind their backs, or when all dead people suddenly become saints. It's like "ok, sweet sentiment and everything, but get out of my way, you dirty hippie."

Matz

#215 Post by Matz » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:09 pm

Flea did use heroin, but not at all to the extent that Anthony, Dave and John did. From my understanding. And the fact that he did is completely unrelated to the thing he said about Dave

Kajicat

#216 Post by Kajicat » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:36 pm

Larry B. wrote:Well, I could concede that maybe the word "junkie" isn't the best (if Flea has in fact stayed clean from the uglier stuff,) but then it's just empty talk. Like when friends say "I love you" to each other but secretly be envious behind their backs, or when all dead people suddenly become saints. It's like "ok, sweet sentiment and everything, but get out of my way, you dirty hippie."
As someone mentioned earlier, Flea doesn't have a mean bone in his body. He's always had a "flower child" vibe. The way he tweeted is completely on par with how he talks in interviews.

creep
Site Admin

#217 Post by creep » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:58 pm

kajicat's new avatar gave me an erection. :boobs:

Kajicat

#218 Post by Kajicat » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:07 pm

creep wrote:kajicat's new avatar gave me an erection. :boobs:
:rockon:

Juana

#219 Post by Juana » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:34 pm

SR wrote:Flea's not a junkie.
I second this. Flea dabbled but he was mostly a pothead.

JOEinPHX

#220 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:49 pm

Trevor nailed it. Surprisingly.

JOEinPHX

#221 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:53 pm

If Flea loves Dave so much and was so grateful to play with him, then why was every guitar player other than Dave inducted?

Flea is 1 of 2 things:

1. A liar
2. A minority partner in the decisions of his own band

I'd guess #1 is more probable.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#222 Post by Hokahey » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:58 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:If Flea loves Dave so much and was so grateful to play with him, then why was every guitar player other than Dave induct. ?

Flea is 1 of 2 things:

1. A liar
2. A minority partner in the decisions of his own band

I'd guess #1 is more probable.
Perhaps the situation is more nuanced than that? I don't see how he has to absolutely be one of those things as an answer to your question.

Juana

#223 Post by Juana » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:03 pm

3) He is friends with Anthony and will always side with him.. he almost quit the band in 2011 but then decided to keep it going because in the end he wanted to keep making music with his best friend.

People forget that aspect of it. Whether he loves Dave or not Anthony is his best friend.

Mescal

#224 Post by Mescal » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:14 pm

Juana wrote:3) He is friends with Anthony and will always side with him.. he almost quit the band in 2011 but then decided to keep it going because in the end he wanted to keep making music with his best friend.

People forget that aspect of it. Whether he loves Dave or not Anthony is his best friend.
Really? Flea wanted to quit?

Was that when Fru left?

Desri

#225 Post by Desri » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:31 am

Mescal wrote:
Juana wrote:3) He is friends with Anthony and will always side with him.. he almost quit the band in 2011 but then decided to keep it going because in the end he wanted to keep making music with his best friend.

Really? Flea wanted to quit?

Was that when Fru left?
It was in the early 2000s, I think actually after Californication. From memory he stayed fairly non-specific, talked a lot about being in a sort of dark place, but didn't really go in to details as to why.