Up The Beach sampled in rap song

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Pandemonium

Re: Up The Beach sampled in rap song

#26 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:43 am

Six7Six7 wrote:Well i hope they fired their management. If not, then it's a dick move for keeping those people on after pulling that bullshit and ruining their career.
Heh, some of the shit Killing Joke has pulled in their long and illustrious career make this kinda thing sound positively loveable by comparison.

Juana

#27 Post by Juana » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:27 am

Six7Six7 wrote:Well i hope they fired their management. If not, then it's a dick move for keeping those people on after pulling that bullshit and ruining their career.
Zach is a big part of them giving their music away he is very pro-fan (hell they made legit tapes and handed them out to people at a loss). I agree that whole ordeal makes them (Zach and co) look bad though. But on the bright side they did fuck a major labor out of a lot of money, so at least 1988 Perry would be happy with them.

Japhy

#28 Post by Japhy » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:42 am

Juana wrote:Zach is a big part of them giving their music away he is very pro-fan (hell they made legit tapes and handed them out to people at a loss). I agree that whole ordeal makes them (Zach and co) look bad though. But on the bright side they did fuck a major labor out of a lot of money, so at least 1988 Perry would be happy with them.
On that note, pretty much all their stuff ever is available to d/l for free on their website... doesn't appear to be a band trying their utmost to fuck their fans off. I really like this band... Lord of the Game is killer.

tubro

#29 Post by tubro » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:55 pm

all of it?
with the smart guys around here i never know who's kidding and who's not.
Six7Six7 wrote:Rap guys: lyrical talent matches their musical talent

JOEinPHX

#30 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:35 am

Not all. But the majority.
tubro wrote:all of it?
with the smart guys around here i never know who's kidding and who's not.
Six7Six7 wrote:Rap guys: lyrical talent matches their musical talent