Jane's on Jimmy Kimmel Monday

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Matz

Re: Jane's on Jimmy Kimmel Monday

#51 Post by Matz » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:32 pm

AS is even worse live, finally gathered up the courage to listen to it. That riff is moronic, Navarro should know better

cricket_bows

#52 Post by cricket_bows » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:59 pm

Kajicat wrote:
janesbiggestfan wrote:For me specifically its about Perry's face and the nose and the teeth and the way in which he basically is on his knees during the song and how he mumbles unintelligible words instead of the lyrics to the song "stop". Truly listen to the vocals and tell me it's just about his voice being shot. It's not. I believe this live version to be the strangest ever, and worst ever, that ive seen.
See now I liked it more because of that. It was different, not the same old performance. For a bit there I was like... "Is Perry back on drugs?" You'd expect Perry to make sure to enunciate perfectly for live TV but he didn't, which was kinda shocking and cool to me because it was so unexpected.

elbuitre

#53 Post by elbuitre » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:32 am

I kind of enjoyed watching Stop but it sounded a touch too slow. The funny thing is, despite Perry becoming more mainstream in the way he dresses and styles himself, he's still an utterly bizarre guy to watch and listen to. That's one of the main reasons I love Jane's, so that's not meant to be a criticism. But there's no way they could ever aspire to be a mainstream act with a frontman as freaky as Perry.

phenobarb_bambalam

#54 Post by phenobarb_bambalam » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:38 am

elbuitre wrote: despite Perry becoming more mainstream in the way he dresses and styles himself, he's still an utterly bizarre guy to watch and listen to.
RIP Liberace....the world of cheese doesn't need you anymore...we have Perry.

Kajicat

#55 Post by Kajicat » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:43 pm

hokahey wrote:
Kajicat wrote:
janesbiggestfan wrote:For me specifically its about Perry's face and the nose and the teeth and the way in which he basically is on his knees during the song and how he mumbles unintelligible words instead of the lyrics to the song "stop". Truly listen to the vocals and tell me it's just about his voice being shot. It's not. I believe this live version to be the strangest ever, and worst ever, that ive seen.
See now I liked it more because of that. It was different, not the same old performance. For a bit there I was like... "Is Perry back on drugs?" You'd expect Perry to make sure to enunciate perfectly for live TV but he didn't, which was kinda shocking and cool to me because it was so unexpected.

Ok, now you're just trolling. There is no way in fuck you mean what you just typed there.
I'm actually serious! I know, I'm just full of surprises.

sinep

#56 Post by sinep » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:24 am

Kajicat wrote: That was 1996. Only 2 years later in 1998 was Perry doing this trash:

:conf:

the difference between hot lava and any other song perry farrell performed on is hot lava is a song written by a group of professional comedians who play music on the side.

Larry B.

#57 Post by Larry B. » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:01 am

sinep wrote:
Kajicat wrote: That was 1996. Only 2 years later in 1998 was Perry doing this trash:

:conf:

the difference between hot lava and any other song perry farrell performed on is hot lava is a song written by a group of professional comedians who play music on the side.
While Perry is a joke who plays music on the side.

Matov

#58 Post by Matov » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:16 pm

Larry B. wrote:While Perry is a joke who is a joke on the side.
fixed

Larry B.

#59 Post by Larry B. » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:59 pm

Matov wrote:
Larry B. wrote:While Perry is a joke who is a joke on the side.
remixed
Fixed and approved.