"lost scenes"

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
jason

"lost scenes"

#1 Post by jason » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:09 am

i'm sure some of you guys have seen this before...i came across it a couple years ago, but never really watched it all...there's some great stuff here though for anyone who hasn't seen it (or the documentary from that tour, think it's called "3 days" too or something like that)..these are kinda outtakes i'd guess...get a load of the real last hurrah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGD2OLtxj44

bman

Re: "lost scenes"

#2 Post by bman » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:16 am

I love how that Up the Beach audio is from 1990!

bman

#3 Post by bman » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:47 am

The Lost Scenes are better than the Movie!

Matz

#4 Post by Matz » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:41 am

no they're not. But still cool, they rocked so hard back then

Mescal

#5 Post by Mescal » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:26 pm

Is there actually any decent audio of the relapse tour other than Hammerstein?

MYXYLPLYX

#6 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:45 pm

Mescal wrote:Is there actually any decent audio of the relapse tour other than Hammerstein?
ENIT festival in SF is pretty damn good, in my opinion...

:noclue:

creep
Site Admin

#7 Post by creep » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:47 pm

i remember they guys who made this saying that they have some pretty fucked up footage that will never be seen like drug stuff and dave sticking his vibrator up his ass onstage. besides the vibrator footage the other stuff would be interesting see.

Kajicat

#8 Post by Kajicat » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:38 pm

Holy SHIT. I've got to make time to watch this soon.

Remember how whoever the fucking genius was who put this documentary together cut out the climax to the performance of Three Days? Fucking unacceptable.

You know what? As I watch the first 4 minutes of this, I'm thinking this was just the bonus footage in the extras of the DVD. So far it seems awfully familiar.

creep
Site Admin

#9 Post by creep » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:55 pm

Kajicat wrote: Remember how whoever the fucking genius was who put this documentary together cut out the climax to the performance of Three Days? Fucking unacceptable.
if my horrible memory is right they said they ran out of film.

Artemis

#10 Post by Artemis » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:22 pm

creep wrote:i remember they guys who made this saying that they have some pretty fucked up footage that will never be seen like drug stuff and dave sticking his vibrator up his ass onstage. besides the vibrator footage the other stuff would be interesting see.

i think the vibrator up the ass was the gateway to the suspension thing he is into now. :lol:

Kajicat

#11 Post by Kajicat » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:07 pm

creep wrote:
Kajicat wrote: Remember how whoever the fucking genius was who put this documentary together cut out the climax to the performance of Three Days? Fucking unacceptable.
If that's true, they could have filmed the entire performance of Three Days any other night during the whole goddamn tour. They were there for a lot of it.

Unforgivable.

Pandemonium

#12 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:49 pm

creep wrote:
Yep. I believe in the officially released dvd, the film makers say that as the movie ends.

Looks like they buried the footage of the LA mansion show and the stuff with Val Kilmer high in full on Jim Morrison mode.

JOEinPHX

#13 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:26 pm

Thing I took away from this video:

Perry started dating Etty because he was on a whole shitload of heroin at the time and didn't know any better.

Poor Perry :no:

JOEinPHX

#14 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:34 pm

Seeing them play Classic Girl also reminded me that they used to be gods, rather than just another opening festival rock band.

Kajicat

#15 Post by Kajicat » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:39 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
creep wrote:
Yep. I believe in the officially released dvd, the film makers say that as the movie ends.

Looks like they buried the footage of the LA mansion show and the stuff with Val Kilmer high in full on Jim Morrison mode.
I love that scene with Kilmer on the DVD. Sitting there high with that mystical chick climbing all around him while he was being filmed. I love the documentary, seriously. I remember feeling really let down by it the first time I saw it, but then absolutely loving it the other 10 or so times I've watched it. Need to watch again.

Mescal

#16 Post by Mescal » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:46 pm

Kajicat wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
creep wrote:

I love that scene with Kilmer on the DVD. Sitting there high with that mystical chick climbing all around him while he was being filmed. I love the documentary, seriously. I remember feeling really let down by it the first time I saw it, but then absolutely loving it the other 10 or so times I've watched it. Need to watch again.
I don't remember seeing Val Kilmer in the movie :hs:

Mescal

#17 Post by Mescal » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:47 pm

MYXYLPLYX wrote:
Mescal wrote:Is there actually any decent audio of the relapse tour other than Hammerstein?
ENIT festival in SF is pretty damn good, in my opinion...

:noclue:
Anyone wants to share? I don't think I have that.

Think I've seen some video, and I have a video of a Sacramento? show, of which the audio isn't that good

JOEinPHX

#18 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:12 pm

Someone should start ripping these things at 1080p and spreading to the community before the opportunity is lost

kv

#19 Post by kv » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:43 pm

i like the scene of etty when she is being sprayed down being all fussy about it

Essence_Smith

#20 Post by Essence_Smith » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:50 am

I still have the dvd at my Ma's crib in a box somewhere...I think I watched it once and stored it away...I'll rip it one of these days...

Pandemonium

#21 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:10 am

Mescal wrote:I don't remember seeing Val Kilmer in the movie :hs:
I don't recall seeing the bit with Kilmer in the officially released dvd but I do remember seeing that stuff in the bootleg of the film I got years ago. It's been over 5 years since I watched any iteration of the movie so I may be wrong.

I do remember that show though. It was at the end of the tour and I heard about it online only a day before the actual show. People were supposed to go to a "secret" location in Hollywood to take a bus or van(s) to a large mansion in Bel-Air. Janes performed out on the grounds under a tent. Someone who managed to get in described wandering around the mansion coming across Dave, Kilmer and a few others mostly strung out in a room.

Kajicat

#22 Post by Kajicat » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:12 am

Pandemonium wrote:
I don't recall seeing the bit with Kilmer in the officially released dvd but I do remember seeing that stuff in the bootleg of the film I got years ago. It's been over 5 years since I watched any iteration of the movie so I may be wrong.
If it wasn't in the actual film, it's in the bonus material in the extras section of the DVD.

blackula

#23 Post by blackula » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:23 am

I'm in the beginning of the bonus disk for a second. When the camera goes up the line at the Halloween show I'm waiting to get in and I'm dressed up like a clown with blue polka dot pants, white face paint and a red hat. I used to pause the DVD on myself and make fun of how much of a retard I looked like.

Larry B.

#24 Post by Larry B. » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:30 am

blackula wrote:I'm in the beginning of the bonus disk for a second. When the camera goes up the line at the Halloween show I'm waiting to get in and I'm dressed up like a clown with blue polka dot pants, white face paint and a red hat. I used to pause the DVD on myself and make fun of how much of a retard I looked like.
Hahahaha, let's ALL do that!

Jasper

#25 Post by Jasper » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:57 pm

Kajicat wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
If it wasn't in the actual film, it's in the bonus material in the extras section of the DVD.
Val wrote:I was going to be in the main feature.......but I ate the footage.