I'll Protect You/Beneath the Ground

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Noonesshocking

I'll Protect You/Beneath the Ground

#1 Post by Noonesshocking » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:22 pm

This tidbit got buried in the another shitmate thread, but Eric confirmed on Facebook that beneath the ground is the song on life.time that he used the I'll protect you bassline for. This for sure deserves its own thread. Wonder if he kept perk's drum track like he said he was going to in the xiola interview. If this had been the backbone of a new jane's song in 09, I think i would have been stoked (provided perry didn't fuck it up with terrible lyrics)

Matz

Re: I'll Protect You/Beneath the Ground

#2 Post by Matz » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:50 pm

it's a good bass riff, always liked it. Sucks we didn't get to hear it with Dave painting over and stuff....great starting point for a Jane's song I think

Hokahey
Site Admin

#3 Post by Hokahey » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:13 pm

Let's face it. There's a 99.9% chance Perry would have ruined it.

elbuitre

#4 Post by elbuitre » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:11 pm

It's a fairly unremarkable bassline. It doesn't sound like Jane's 1.0 to me at all.

The outro to Embrace the Darkness is what I'd be interested in hearing. The alleged bass groove, tribal drums and echo-drenched vocal. It will no doubt surface one day.

JOEinPHX

#5 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:22 pm

elbuitre wrote:It's a fairly unremarkable bassline. It doesn't sound like Jane's 1.0 to me at all.

The outro to Embrace the Darkness is what I'd be interested in hearing. The alleged bass groove, tribal drums and echo-drenched vocal. It will no doubt surface one day.
If it's any good it won't.

NYRexall

#6 Post by NYRexall » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:27 pm

Eric doesn't have a studio copy of ETD, or even a demo?

He should totally troll the band and leak that shit anonymously. It would easily overshadow anything they've released since he left.

Noonesshocking

#7 Post by Noonesshocking » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:15 pm

I really wanna hear the song, even though the supposed lyrics that perry tweeted were embarrassing. Next time Trent does a reddit AMA someone should ask him what he thinks about the song. I always miss out on those kinds of things.