Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Larry B.

Re: another soulmate-listen here

#401 Post by Larry B. » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:53 pm

JOEinPHX

#402 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:01 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
bman wrote:Article mentions a Nothings Shocking anniversary celebration..Hmnnn..Maybe in Show pehaps!
Well, that's close to a month after this tour ends,
Nothing's Shocking is the second release and first studio album by the American alternative rock band Jane's Addiction, released on August 23, 1988 through Warner Bros. Records.
Actually, it's in 4 days.

They have a show that day in Indiana.

farrellgirl99

#403 Post by farrellgirl99 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:19 pm

Larry B. wrote:Image
:lol:

Pandemonium

#404 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:03 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
bman wrote:Article mentions a Nothings Shocking anniversary celebration..Hmnnn..Maybe in Show pehaps!
Well, that's close to a month after this tour ends,
Nothing's Shocking is the second release and first studio album by the American alternative rock band Jane's Addiction, released on August 23, 1988 through Warner Bros. Records.
Actually, it's in 4 days.

They have a show that day in Indiana.
No, I'm talking about the band getting a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in October. No doubt Perry, Dave and Stephen will be at the noontime ceremony in Hollywood and they technically won't have played LA (Irvine is 45 - 60 minutes south) this tour so I'm sure there's strong temptation to play a show on or within a day or two of the ceremony in the Hollywood area.

bman

#405 Post by bman » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:16 pm

I actually would not be shocked if they did a Nothings Shocking show. Dave even said he'd be into it on Dark Matter one time after a caller mentioned it. People need to get the ball rolling on this by asking Dave. And by people I mean hot girls. That's all he responds to!

JOEinPHX

#406 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:33 pm

bman wrote:I actually would not be shocked if they did a Nothings Shocking show. Dave even said he'd be into it on Dark Matter one time after a caller mentioned it. People need to get the ball rolling on this by asking Dave. And by people I mean hot girls. That's all he responds to!
Dave WOULD do most things.

The problem is everyone else and their inability to want to have band practice. Perry is too busy writing 70 new Jane's songs to practice.

Tyler Durden

#407 Post by Tyler Durden » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:55 am

A Nothing's Shocking show or tour without Eric. Meh. :neutral:

bman

#408 Post by bman » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:12 am

The band always asked Eric in the past. I bet they would have asked Eric if it was a one off show for Nothings Shocking if he never did the Sonny interview. But you could almost do the whole album with every bass player Perryz worked with!

Beach-Eric
Ocean Size-Flea
Had a Dad-Martyn
Ted-Chaney
Shower-Duff
Summertime-Watt
Mountain Song-Carl Restivo
Idiots-Tony Kanal
Jane Says- Eric
Thank you Boys Eric
Pigs-Eric

Larry B.

#409 Post by Larry B. » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:20 am

All of this is beyond ridiculous. I really wish they get black-listed somehow and nobody gives them time of day anywhere as Jane's Addiction. Shit has got to stop.

bman

#410 Post by bman » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:44 am

Larry B. wrote:All of this is beyond ridiculous. I really wish they get black-listed somehow and nobody gives them time of day anywhere as Jane's Addiction. Shit has got to stop.
You wouldn't want to see a Nothings Shocking show? I'd be there in a heartbeat. Even with Chaney. Janes still plays great shows. Just not every night, and like most other older bands, in certain places they will go simply though the motions, like Scranton PA perhaps! LA and NY will always be good shows.

Matz

#411 Post by Matz » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:50 am

bman wrote:
Larry B. wrote:All of this is beyond ridiculous. I really wish they get black-listed somehow and nobody gives them time of day anywhere as Jane's Addiction. Shit has got to stop.
You wouldn't want to see a Nothings Shocking show?
in standard tuning yes, dropped down? no thanks...turns everything to shit

Larry B.

#412 Post by Larry B. » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:08 am

Ugh, I wouldn't see them at all now. I'd actually feel embarrassed at this point. I have no reason to see them again :wavesad:

Something similar happened to me with GREEN-fucking-DAY. Easily my favorite band when I was 14, I saw them live when I was 15, and then sort of followed their releases. They came to Chile last year and while a few friends went, I just couldn't see myself there. Sure, there are one or two songs that I still enjoy in a teen-ish, nostalgic way, but there's no way I'd be standing there watching some guys play covers of their own songs while wearing mascara. Not gonna happen.

And yes, I've just compared Jane's Addiction to Green Day. That's how low they are for me right now. And Billie Joe is still a better front man and singer than Perry.

Matz

#413 Post by Matz » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:14 am

Matz wrote:
bman wrote:
:bs: actually that was a bunch of hypocritical nonsense...if Jane's played my area in Denmark I'd of course go. I'd go because of Dave, because he's the legend that he is and I love him and also because I live in a very live rock deprived area of the world

nausearockpig

#414 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:04 pm

Matz wrote:
Matz wrote:
bman wrote:
:bs: actually that was a bunch of hypocritical nonsense...if Jane's played my area in Denmark I'd of course go. I'd go because of Dave, because he's the legend that he is and I love him and also because I live in a very live rock deprived area of the world
Same. If they ever managed to grace our shores again, with it without EA, I'd be there. It's a long haul to get down here...

Noonesshocking

#415 Post by Noonesshocking » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:50 pm

Any event or tour where they would play NS all the way through without eric would be incredibly pointless and purely for money. Further, the album is basically the backbone of their sets anyway. 8/11 tracks got played at most NINJA shows.

Again, if Eric somehow came back for it, count me in. If they played in standard tuning, even better. If they do this with the current lineup, then it is completely unremarkable.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#416 Post by Hokahey » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:50 pm

Noonesshocking wrote:Any event or tour where they would play NS all the way through without eric would be incredibly pointless and purely for money. Further, the album is basically the backbone of their sets anyway. 8/11 tracks got played at most NINJA shows.

Again, if Eric somehow came back for it, count me in. If they played in standard tuning, even better. If they do this with the current lineup, then it is completely unremarkable.
Yep.

nausearockpig

#417 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:39 pm

Noonesshocking wrote:Any event or tour where they would play NS all the way through without eric would be incredibly pointless and purely for money. Further, the album is basically the backbone of their sets anyway. 8/11 tracks got played at most NINJA shows.

So basically if JA1.0 reforms you're there.. that would be cool, but as we all know, will never happen. It'll be a cash in for sure..

elbuitre

#418 Post by elbuitre » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:53 pm

Regarding the Trent sessions, I'd forgotten this interview with Perry from around that time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUiHb56z ... =endscreen

He shows a certain amount of self-awareness and understanding of the situation - perhaps more than some people would give him credit for.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#419 Post by Hokahey » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:00 pm

Considering how horrid Trents new album is I'm not sure I'm quite as upset anymore that they didnt find a way to work with him.

Tyler Durden

#420 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:06 pm

hokahey wrote:Considering how horrid Trents new album is I'm not sure I'm quite as upset anymore that they didnt find a way to work with him.
That is total hyperbole. It's one thing to say post-Fragile NIN isn't your cup of tea. But to say what he's doing now is "horrid" is ridiculous.

I've seen/heard bands that suck big time compared to what they once were...and NIN ain't it.

Matz

#421 Post by Matz » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:09 pm

elbuitre wrote:Regarding the Trent sessions, I'd forgotten this interview with Perry from around that time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUiHb56z ... =endscreen

He shows a certain amount of self-awareness and understanding of the situation - perhaps more than some people would give him credit for.
yeah he comes across nicely here, seems like what he's saying is straight up..but who the fuck really knows. Nice to hear him praise Dave like that

Tyler Durden

#422 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:14 pm

Matz wrote:
elbuitre wrote:Regarding the Trent sessions, I'd forgotten this interview with Perry from around that time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUiHb56z ... =endscreen

yeah he comes across nicely here, seems like what he's saying is straight up..but who the fuck really knows. Nice to hear him praise Dave like that
Yeah, it's weird. I find that you never know what you're gonna get with Perry in interviews anymore. The shiny shoed dance diva shows up or the damn to earth, straight shooting rock god shows up. He's like two different people.

P.S. He never should have straightened his teeth. :no:

JOEinPHX

#423 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:59 pm

hokahey wrote:Considering how horrid Trents new album is I'm not sure I'm quite as upset anymore that they didnt find a way to work with him.
So... you think he would have told Dave, Perk, and Eric to go home so Perry could program some drum beats and sing really quiet? :hs:

I'm not following the logic here.

Diabolik

#424 Post by Diabolik » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:10 pm

I think its pretty obvious that for TGEA they took this model ( outside collaborator with cred ), but TGEA feels so compromised.

You get the sense that Dave Sitek had no real control. He was totally absent from the promo, and I don't think I ever read an interview with him about any Jane's related.

elbuitre

#425 Post by elbuitre » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:24 pm

Diabolik wrote:I think its pretty obvious that for TGEA they took this model ( outside collaborator with cred ), but TGEA feels so compromised.

You get the sense that Dave Sitek had no real control. He was totally absent from the promo, and I don't think I ever read an interview with him about any Jane's related.
He probably didn't want to be closely associated with it.