The P4P Poll: With or Without Perry

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects

Would you be more inclined to see P4P instrumentally (Watt, Pete, Perk) or with Perry?

Yes, I think it would stand a better chance of being credible without Perry
18%
No, I think Perry would do a good enough job representing P4P
82%

Total votes: 22

Hokahey
Site Admin

The P4P Poll: With or Without Perry

#1 Post by Hokahey » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:23 pm

So the question is: would you be more inclined to go to a P4P show that was just instrumental with Perk, Watt and Pete playing the songs from the first two albums, or one in which Perry is also there?

The implication from me being that Perry might show up dressed like Liberace and taint the whole experience, and that the band without him might just bring the raw P4P goodness and maintain the vibe expected.

Of course, Perry could show up and deliver the goods.

JOEinPHX

Re: The P4P Poll: With or Without Perry

#2 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:59 pm

Ridiculous poll.

I don't even like Perry, but I wouldn't pay a single cent to see PFP instrumental or with another singer.

clickie

#3 Post by clickie » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:15 pm

weird poll the way you phrased it.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#4 Post by Hokahey » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:38 pm

Shows you what I know. I'd love to see tjose guys jam those songs with no fear of Perry doing somethinh to fuck it up. .

creep
Site Admin

#5 Post by creep » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:08 pm

hokahey wrote:Shows you what I know. I'd love to see tjose guys jam those songs with no fear of Perry doing somethinh to fuck it up. .
:hs: didn't you see jane's the last tour and you thought it was great or am i remembering that right?

perry would do fine i think.

Pandemonium

#6 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:21 pm

I already stated my opinion about a P4P reunion in another thread so I won't rehash it here. But while I'd have little interest in seeing a P4P reunion with Perry, I'd have zero interest seeing a P4P lineup without a *singer* no offense to the other guys. Now if it was a really compelling choice for a new vocalist doing mostly new music, I might have some interest but for all intents and purposes, Perry is the driving force and the face of P4P even moreso than he is for Janes.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#7 Post by Hokahey » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:27 pm

creep wrote:
hokahey wrote:Shows you what I know. I'd love to see tjose guys jam those songs with no fear of Perry doing somethinh to fuck it up. .
:hs: didn't you see jane's the last tour and you thought it was great or am i remembering that right?

Sure, but how many times have we seen him where he acts/sings/looks like a complete ass hole? Kind of a crap shoot. IMO, less so if he's not. They were a musically amazing band. I'd love to see them.

trevor ayer

#8 Post by trevor ayer » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:30 pm

well Perry has his quirks .. but he is hands down the driving force for psi com janes and pyros .. credit where due and all that .. i would love to see pfp with perry of course .. perry does ok on janes old tunes .. as long as pfpf don't write new tunes from scratch I feel it is a pretty safe bet to be a great show .. i mean shit .. how many time did they even play hardcharger? like 2 maybe 3 if I am missing something .. they only "hit" was "pets" and maybe "tahitian moon" .. i would happily sing along to "pets" .. "tahitian moon" is not my fav but the point is that they have so many great songs and none of them have been played to death .. no chance of they ole .. mumbled ANR into BCS into Just BEcause into Jane Says into "ugh" underground or ETTL .. they can't possibly perform a boring setlist at this point .. perry could butcher the vocals but even so .. they are much more in his range and more likely to hit the original melody .. how can it not be a great night, even if perry screws the vocals?

Ps .. I asked pete if pfp will play VT and he replied "one day" .. so there u have it .. he's probably blowing smoke up my ass but I am gonna choose to believe it anyway .. wooooooooo!!! (flair)

creep
Site Admin

#9 Post by creep » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:47 pm

hokahey wrote:
creep wrote:

Sure, but how many times have we seen him where he acts/sings/looks like a complete ass hole? Kind of a crap shoot. IMO, less so if he's not. They were a musically amazing band. I'd love to see them.
he hasn't really liberace'd out since eric left. the capes and scarfs and shiny suits are pretty much gone. i can't see him going back to that for p4p. :noclue:

nat

#10 Post by nat » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:31 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:Ridiculous poll.

I don't even like Perry, but I wouldn't pay a single cent to see PFP instrumental or with another singer.
Agreed.

JOEinPHX

#11 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:50 pm

creep wrote:
hokahey wrote:
creep wrote:

he hasn't really liberace'd out since eric left. the capes and scarfs and shiny suits are pretty much gone. i can't see him going back to that for p4p. :noclue:
He's still the same man. He'll be in sequins and ascots soon enough.

Jasper

#12 Post by Jasper » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:46 am

There cannot be P4P without Perry, so the question makes no sense. That's like wanting water with no oxygen.

If you want to see Pete and Perk and Watt play, that's called Hellride. Anything else is just bizarre and wrong.

bman

#13 Post by bman » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:05 am

Perry was cool on the TGEA tour and didn't act or look like a liberace. I saw 5 shows and they were all pretty darn good. Perry was cooler than on the Ninja tour.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#14 Post by Hokahey » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:24 am

Jasper wrote:There cannot be P4P without Perry, so the question makes no sense. That's like wanting water with no oxygen.

If you want to see Pete and Perk and Watt play, that's called Hellride. Anything else is just bizarre and wrong.
Easy Captain Technical. It's a lighthearted question where in this fantasy world the guys would be jamming somewhere and playing those tunes without a singer.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#15 Post by Hokahey » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:25 am

creep wrote:
hokahey wrote:
creep wrote:

One tour out of the last few where he doesnt embarrass himself and faith restored eh? We shall see.

Tyler Durden

#16 Post by Tyler Durden » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:51 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:Ridiculous poll.

THIS.

Larry B.

#17 Post by Larry B. » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:02 pm

So, can we all agree that this is the worst thread ever?

trevor ayer

#18 Post by trevor ayer » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:08 pm

Larry B. wrote:So, can we all agree that this is the worst thread ever?
ok! I'm glad to shed that distinction finally :lol:

Larry B.

#19 Post by Larry B. » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:48 pm

trevor ayer wrote:
Larry B. wrote:So, can we all agree that this is the worst thread ever?
ok! I'm glad to shed that distinction finally :lol:
This thread... if only there was a way to remix it...

:lol: :wave: