will download for free
8%
don't care
83%

Total votes: 48

JOEinPHX

Re: Will you buy Jane's new CD-DVD?

#26 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:08 pm

The sad thing is that at some point, someone is going to be in a position to ask the band "Why don't you release a DVD of [good show]?" and the answer from them will be "We already released TWO DVDs and no one bought them!"

They seem less concerned about quality, or more concerned with just putting out product to stay in the public eye enough to tour 3 months a year.

kv

#27 Post by kv » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:23 pm

wow almost 90% of people don't give a fuck....on a jane's site lmao oh well nothings shocking

Pandemonium

#28 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:42 pm

It may not be just the band's decision. I'd bet Warner Bros co-owns the rights to any Janes 1.0 material and nothing from that era either audio or video can be released without consent and further financial agreements between the two parties. I'm pretty sure Warner Bros footed the bill for at least the '90 Palladium show being filmed and they put up some money to help produce and distribute "The Gift." They'd have to hash out who'd pay for studio time to get any footage and/or audio up to snuff, manufacture of physical product, advertising, etc and they'd also have to come up with a way to split any unlikely profits from any such release. Neither party would probably make any money putting anything else out and since there's no original lineup reunion to pimp, there's really no incentive.

intertwoven

#29 Post by intertwoven » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:59 pm

Yep, seems our hopes for any good stuff from '86-97 are with WB, or more likely the Rhino subsidiary. I'm telling you, our best bet for anything worth getting excited about is "deluxe reissues" of NS and RDLH with a bonus disc of rare stuff and a dvd. Running out of time for a 25th Anniversary Edition of NS, sadly.

Pandemonium

#30 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:31 pm

intertwoven wrote:Yep, seems our hopes for any good stuff from '86-97 are with WB, or more likely the Rhino subsidiary. I'm telling you, our best bet for anything worth getting excited about is "deluxe reissues" of NS and RDLH with a bonus disc of rare stuff and a dvd. Running out of time for a 25th Anniversary Edition of NS, sadly.
Aside from full shows, what else is left as far as "rare" studio material from JA since the COC box? And NS got a "gold" disc release last year with zero added content, so I doubt you'll see Warner Bros going for another reissue or any sort of Deluxe Release for years to come if ever.

intertwoven

#31 Post by intertwoven » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:50 pm

I'm sure there's plenty of stuff that old farts like us would dig but would have limited appeal otherwise ('86 rehearsals such as "Let Me In My House" and early versions of other songs). And of course, the pink elephant of the RDLH reissue has to be the 3 days poem (fuck!). And I'm sure Perk has plenty of decent soundboards to pluck live songs from. But for real, even just a couple slightly-different-than-album-version outtakes would be fine as long as there's a pro-shot video on dvd.. full "birkenstock" show, Mexico '90, or whatever. Really, anything from '97 or prior would be miles above some live cellphone commercial with the band "phoning" it in. lol

NYRexall

#32 Post by NYRexall » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:52 pm

intertwoven wrote:But for real, even just a couple slightly-different-than-album-version outtakes would be fine as long as there's a pro-shot video on dvd.. full "birkenstock" show, Mexico '90, or whatever. Really, anything from '97 or prior would be miles above some live cellphone commercial with the band "phoning" it in. lol
Didn't they kind of already do this though, with the first disc of the COC boxset? The results were middling, at best. Most of the demos and radio performances sounded only slightly different than the studio versions. Which isn't to say that anyone should complain, as that boxset didn't even have to happen. It was a rare example of Jane's post-97 getting it right for a change, and surprising their hardcore fans in the process.

There is an excellent two-DVD bootleg you can find on Ebay that is loaded to the gills with Jane's live shows from all eras, up to 2004, I think. Literally hours and hours of performances, including Hammerstein 97 and Milan 90, plus a ton of other cool shit. I paid $20 for mine, and it's a gem. Maybe it would be useful to you if you don't already own it?

Juana

#33 Post by Juana » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:41 pm

kv wrote:wow almost 90% of people don't give a fuck....on a jane's site lmao oh well nothings shocking
Its not that I do not like Jane's anymore. Its that I would rather see them release shit from the past and not these mailed in shows.

SR

#34 Post by SR » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:48 pm

90% negative feedback and double the participation of most polls. Wow, just wow.

JOEinPHX

#35 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:50 pm

So this is on pace to sell about 14 copies then.

Whoever bought the rights is going to be swimming in dozens of dollars. It just may cover the cab ride to the restaurant where they had lunch and discussed how much they would make off of it. :lol:

kv

#36 Post by kv » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:11 am

Juana wrote:
kv wrote:wow almost 90% of people don't give a fuck....on a jane's site lmao oh well nothings shocking
Its not that I do not like Jane's anymore. Its that I would rather see them release shit from the past and not these mailed in shows.
i wasn't saying that...we all still love the old stuff

krakle

#37 Post by krakle » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:36 am

nope, I´m not spending money on them again any time soon. would rather buy music by their fans :lol:

Larry B.

#38 Post by Larry B. » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:23 am

So, can we ban those who voted for one of the "Yes" options?

guysmiley

#39 Post by guysmiley » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:28 am

Shit, I voted assuming the poll was for a new studio album. I clicked before reading it. That's how much I don't care, I didn't even know this was being released. :noclue: So Cancel on Download for free vote. I don't care. :balls:

bman

#40 Post by bman » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:00 am

Honestly their are great Shows from the recent tour on youtube. Why would they choose that LG show when there was only 1 new song anyway! On the TGEA tour they played Underground, I Force, Twisted Tales, and Words. They should have released a show with at least 4 new songs on it.

bman

#41 Post by bman » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:03 am

Where does some of this footage come from? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeKyZpUHUAg

Tyler Durden

#42 Post by Tyler Durden » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:17 pm

NO.

blackula

#43 Post by blackula » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:38 pm

bman wrote:Honestly their are great Shows from the recent tour on youtube. Why would they choose that LG show when there was only 1 new song anyway! On the TGEA tour they played Underground, I Force, Twisted Tales, and Words. They should have released a show with at least 4 new songs on it.
Yeah. I'd by the Irving plaza show if it were for sale. Only cuz I was there and it was one of best janes shows since relapse, not close to relapse, but better than anything I've seen since. Even then, I'd probably Dvr it off palladia

kv

#44 Post by kv » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:14 pm

it's pretty simple...tega bombed and they are distancing themselves from it like they did from strays

NYRexall

#45 Post by NYRexall » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:42 pm

Four new songs would have meant they'd have had to ax four of the 11 other warhorses they've played to death over the past 12 years, and you know Perry's not going to be about that :noclue:

blackula

#46 Post by blackula » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:55 pm

NYRexall wrote:Four new songs would have meant they'd have had to ax four of the 11 other warhorses they've played to death over the past 12 years, and you know Perry's not going to be about that :noclue:
Haha. War horses.

NYRexall

#47 Post by NYRexall » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:18 am

Warehouses.

They'll need to buy a warehouse to store all the copies of Live In NYC that nobody wants.

Romeo

#48 Post by Romeo » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:54 am

87% of us don't care.

and we are 100% fans.

:drink:

NYRexall

#49 Post by NYRexall » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:07 am

Wow. 34 people now will not be buying Live In NYC. We should try to get it to 40 so we can top the number of people who still own a copy of TGEA.

Desri

#50 Post by Desri » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:46 pm

NYRexall wrote:Wow. 34 people now will not be buying Live In NYC. We should try to get it to 40 so we can top the number of people who still own a copy of TGEA.
:lol: