Rockstar Energy Uproar Tour

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
perkana

Re: Rockstar Energy Uproar Tour

#601 Post by perkana » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:48 pm

NYRexall wrote:
LJF wrote: It seems that you haven't just let it go and walked away or you won't have written that. You see to truly let it go means you no longer mention it or bring it up, so you my friend haven't let it go. You continue to try to stir shit up. If you really mean it then leave it the fuck alone and walk away. Stop trying to bring people into it again like you are here with Perk and Hoka. It's really simple have some self control.
So they're allowed to make immature little comments days after this whole thing fizzled out, and I'm not allowed to reply?

That seems awfully deluded. And how exactly am I stirring shit up here? I PM'd KV in private and he immediately displayed it for everyone to see in the public domain. I PM'd Perkana, in private, about her issues with me and she continues to talk shit in the public forum. I offered to clear the air with Hoka in private and he ignored my offer, but continues to talk shit here. Essentially, they keep bringing themselves into the matter.

So I don't see anything wrong with engaging them in the same manner if that's how they want to play the game. Just like I don't see anybody else trying to mend fences or act like adults here :noclue:
Please don't pm me and tell me what to do. Ok, this is my last input. Carry on...
Last edited by perkana on Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LJF

#602 Post by LJF » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:51 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:LJF, why do you care? :noclue:

It's not about if I care, I was just pointing out that Rexy said he had let it go, but clearly he hadn't. I'm all for busting balls and having fun, like I was with you yesterday in NIN thread, but at a point it gets old, right. You yourself said so yesterday, you requested I let it go, which to me meant you were saying this is getting old. I agreed and let it go, see how that works.

Clearly with the comments that Rexy continues to make he wants to stir it up, which is fine but don't act surprised when it comes back at you.

Tyler Durden

#603 Post by Tyler Durden » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:53 pm

LJF wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:LJF, why do you care? :noclue:

It's not about if I care, I was just pointing out that Rexy said he had let it go, but clearly he hadn't. I'm all for busting balls and having fun, like I was with you yesterday in NIN thread, but at a point it gets old, right. You yourself said so yesterday, you requested I let it go, which to me meant you were saying this is getting old. I agreed and let it go, see how that works.

Clearly with the comments that Rexy continues to make he wants to stir it up, which is fine but don't act surprised when it comes back at you.
Fair enough. :lol:

Cobainsweater

#604 Post by Cobainsweater » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:28 pm

hokahey wrote:And for the record, NYRexall made no attempt, private or otherwise, to clear the air. If you're going to lie you can find a new board.
Uhh, wrong.
NYRexall wrote:Give me a break. You and I were perfectly fine until you had your little meltdown in the Eric Leaves NIN thread. If you have a legitimate gripe with me, PM me and we'll sort it out like adults.
NYRexall wrote:Let's just drop it altogether.

If Hoka wants to talk about it, I've opened the door for him to do so. All he has to do is walk in. Or he can handle it in a less-professional manner. It's entirely up to him.
So yea, wrong on all counts there, broseph. Which just goes to prove what a shitty moderator you are to begin with, when you can’t even patrol the goddamn posts on your own forum properly. Ball was in your court and you chose to ignore it and keep on taking offense to everything I posted.

Like a big fucking baby.

Guess I’ll just go find a new board, seeing as…
NYRexall: You have been permanently banned from this board.

Please contact the Board Administrator for more information.

A ban has been issued on your username.

The fact that you bolded the word ‘permanently’ shows just how truly personal you took this whole thing, even after all that talk about having fun and not taking anything too seriously.

Because the internet is SERIOUS business, man! :lol:

Might want to ban this account name too, big guy. I wouldn’t want to come back and make your internet life any more miserable than I apparently already have :lol:

kv

#605 Post by kv » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:43 pm

remember when i said stop trying so hard?

yeah

:tiphat:

Juana

#606 Post by Juana » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:56 pm

why are people trying to or wanting to get banned? just stop coming

blackula

#607 Post by blackula » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:08 pm

NYRexall wrote:I love how some of you lames just keep trying to prolong this whole thing days after I let it go. :lol:

Like I knew Parkana couldn't just ignore me like I suggested. Or Hoka wasn't nearly as bothered about my dumbfuckery as he wanted everyone to believe. "Stop derailing the threads, Rexall!" So I take the matter to a private level and it winds right back up here for the captive audience.

Oh the lolz :lolol:
You suck

Hokahey
Site Admin

#608 Post by Hokahey » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:14 pm

He thinks I personally type the message you get when you're banned. Lololl.

That's automated.

Broseph.

Christ what a glorious meltdown.

Mescal

#609 Post by Mescal » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:25 pm

Am I missing out on something?

Someone wants to give me a quick rundown?

kv

#610 Post by kv » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:39 pm

Romeo

#611 Post by Romeo » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:58 am

We need a short bus forum. To preserve the epic meltdowns :tiphat:

Deconstruction

#612 Post by Deconstruction » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:31 am

Back on topic, I saw them in Irvine tonight, and they were great. Even though most of the music they put out now is meh and at times they can be miss with live shows, when they're on they're on, and they were on tonight. Great performance, they can still bring it.

nausearockpig

#613 Post by nausearockpig » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:42 am

Did Perry bust out the awful segues?

bman

#614 Post by bman » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:52 am

creep
Site Admin

#615 Post by creep » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:05 am

bman wrote:This song is still so fucking great.
that actually sounded really good

Pandemonium

#616 Post by Pandemonium » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:38 am

Deconstruction wrote:Back on topic, I saw them in Irvine tonight, and they were great. Even though most of the music they put out now is meh and at times they can be miss with live shows, when they're on they're on, and they were on tonight. Great performance, they can still bring it.
Did the place fill up at all? Before TM pulled the sales page offline mid day yesterday, it looked like maybe the upper half and most of the lawn would remain unsold. I was very surprised they didn't drop the ticket prices the last few days before the show.

Warped

#617 Post by Warped » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:55 am

That's one great version of Summertime...i am in the mood for sex now :hehe:

Noonesshocking

#618 Post by Noonesshocking » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:52 pm

I don't think I've ever heard a bad version of summertime rolls played by any incarnation of jane's. amazing song.

tvrec

#619 Post by tvrec » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:21 pm

Pandemonium wrote: Did the place fill up at all? Before TM pulled the sales page offline mid day yesterday, it looked like maybe the upper half and most of the lawn would remain unsold. I was very surprised they didn't drop the ticket prices the last few days before the show.
It didn't look too bad. I didn't show up until 7:45ish and there were quite a few people arriving then (and leaving right after Jane's, too, which is what I did). Theatre looked maybe 70% full during the set. Hard to tell in the dark. Not too terrible. Didn't look sad at the very least.

Deconstruction

#620 Post by Deconstruction » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:34 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Deconstruction wrote:Back on topic, I saw them in Irvine tonight, and they were great. Even though most of the music they put out now is meh and at times they can be miss with live shows, when they're on they're on, and they were on tonight. Great performance, they can still bring it.
Did the place fill up at all? Before TM pulled the sales page offline mid day yesterday, it looked like maybe the upper half and most of the lawn would remain unsold. I was very surprised they didn't drop the ticket prices the last few days before the show.
Orchestra sections and pit were full, all of the loge sections were full except for one which didn't have that many. I saw people in the back sections as well and on the grass. I doubt the grass was as packed as it was for Sabbath though. Overall it was better attendance than I expected.

My review/photos: http://www.alternativenation.net/?p=33895

Pandemonium

#621 Post by Pandemonium » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:41 pm

Deconstruction wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
Orchestra sections and pit were full, all of the loge sections were full except for one which didn't have that many. I saw people in the back sections as well and on the grass. I doubt the grass was as packed as it was for Sabbath though. Overall it was better attendance than I expected.

My review/photos: http://www.alternativenation.net/?p=33895
Nice review, sounds like a good show. I came close to biting on an orchestra pit ticket as they were available for weeks right up until Wednesday night. But $130+ was a bit too rich for what I knew I was going to be getting and I'll never settle for sitting on my ass farther back.

One thing I noticed in your photos - now Etty and the other dancer are taking their bows with the band at the end?

JOEinPHX

#622 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:31 pm

Went to Uproar last night.

Ticket sales were pathetic. I had seats but this massively obese man parked himself next to my girlfriend and half his body was in her seat, and he made no efforts to not just rest his leg on hers, so we bailed and headed up to the grass.

We weren't there for more than 15 minutes when we saw a wave of security guards overtake the grass area and started talking to each set of people sitting there. Wasn't sure what was going on till we were approached:

"They are opening up the 200 section of the seats if you want to go into the pavilion"

The 200 section was basically the 2nd best seats in the place. Apparently the 20 dollar ticket price wasn't even enough to get anyone to show up. I wasn't there till around 5:30/6pm, just in time to catch Circa Survive. One of the worst bands I have ever seen. The singer guy alternates between making "wahhhh" baby noises and completely not being able to get the mic near his mouth. I couldn't understand any of the babytalk or screechy noises coming out of him and the band were amateur at best.

We headed into the pavilion when they were done and found some seats with a friend of my GF. Caught Coheed and Cambria from that point. I could tell they were all excellent musicians, but the speed and intricacy of every single thing they played did not translate to one single interesting song. Till the last song anyway. Whatever the last song was, which the crowd went nuts for, was some Metallica-inspired riff fest that was almost worth listening to. Still though, the singing and lyrics were nothing special. So it was pretty much just 4 guys noodling for 40 minutes.

Jane's was up next. It started off with the 40 year old asian ladies sitting on swings kicking their dress trains totally out of sync with the opening number... Underground. Perry took the opportunity to get really into the song by standing on the riser barely moving while speaking his way through the song in a totally different melody than the album version.

He continued to mail it in with soft-spoken vocals for the first 5 songs, which were so forgettable I couldn't even tell you what they were. The band, while busting their asses and energetic as hell, couldn't get anyone into it because Perry was just kind of walking around shaking his hips and dancing like a goofy clown in complete antithesis of what they were doing.

By the 5th song Perry started actually hitting the notes and was singing about 50% of the time. But by the time he was finally warmed up, the 6th song... was Another Soulmate. Which fell totally flat with the crowd since no one knew it. They had video screens playing the lyric video along with the song, and sometime midway through the song Perry seemed to completely forget the words because what he was singing wasn't even remotely close to the order they were appearing on the screen. Ended like a total dud.

Aint no right was next. The band was firing on all cylinders, but Perry had apparently exhausted his desire to sing after 2 songs because we were treated to a walking/talking version of it. He was literally moving at half to 1/4 of the speed of the band.

Perry addressed the crowd at this point. Made some comment about Phoenix being the site of the first Lollapalooza, where he "had a lot of fun in the bathroom. Had a lot of fun on golf carts. wished it lasted 3 days..."

Three Days started off with Perry talking again, even though the band was playing it 1000% solid. Almost indistinguishable from the album version. In fact, Dave totally nailed the solos. Note for note perfection. And he wasn't just standing on the riser nailing it, he was spinning around and running all over the stage while doing so. I think this might have been the most animated I had ever seen him. Especially compared to the NIN/JA show, which was the last time I saw them. Perry started singing in time for the song to get a little more intense. Didn't nail the "erotic jesus" or "lays with his mary's" lines. But otherwise he spent half the song interpreting what he had written as close as he could. It was one of the better songs of the night for them. the 40 year old asians started the song standing on the riser holding canes and ended the song walking from one side of the stage to the other. I'm glad they are getting paid for their contributions.

Ocean Size was next and perry REALLY went for it vocally. Back way up in the high register and where he should have been singing all night. Band highly energetic, totally nailed the song. At that point I realized the set was nearing completion and wish Perry had put in that kind of effort for the whole show. Because it seriously reminded me of his performance from the Halloween 97 show. He just stomped through it aggressively and nailed all the notes and at that point I was actually proud to like the band. The whole crowd dug it.

Stop was next and Perry was back to talking.

Then Chipaway with the skin hanger chicks. People were groaning over the videos of the back piercings on the video screens and then suddenly the one chick spun around so the camera man could show the crowd that the girls were hanging from their backs. The groans intensified and it almost seemed like the crowd was uncomfortable rather than cheering.

Band ended with Jane Says. It wasn't all that special and the crowd only sang the "she can't hit!" line, which is strange considering it's a singalong song. Dave started on a chair and then threw a look over at Dan like "hey let's get more intimate" and went and sat on his monitor while Dan turned another one toward him. This would have seemed like he wanted to get closer to the crowd if I wasn't aware that he did the same thing every single show. But i am sure those in the front enjoyed being a little closer to him.

All in all, I would give them a 7/10. If could have been a 10 if Perry had put effort in to more than 2 and a half songs. But the guys playing the instruments were on fire. Perk was excellent as always, and really seemed to be beating the hell out his drums. Like, he was tribal but the intricacies were heightened by the fact that he was hitting REALLY hard. Dave was excellent. I was kind of disappointed in his playing when i saw him on NIN/JA because he seemed to hold back, but last night he was clearly out to give everyone a show. The guy was just massively full of energy and purpose to nail everything he was playing. Chaney was surprising as well. I noticed myself checking out what he was doing more than in the past. The bass was turned up high in the mix and he was using some bass effects so it became more than just a background instrument. Not just the normally bouncy leading bass like on the recordings, but I would almost compare it to the sound when Flea was in the band. It had more of a presence than Eric had played it.

So there's my review. Perry is still the weak link and his wife and her friend are doing the least amount onstage I have ever seen them do. It's like the 3 of them teamed up to be an uninteresting as possible to see if they could still get paid for it. Meanwhile Dave, Perk, and Chaney are playing like it's their last show ever.
Last edited by JOEinPHX on Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JOEinPHX

#623 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:35 pm

OH, I forgot to mention Alice in Chains.

Those guys were fucking godlike. William is one hell of a singer, especially on Love, Hate, Love.

The only bad things I have to say about their set, is that Jerry's tone was a little too muddy for my liking. His tones on the records are a lot cleaner than what he uses live. And it almost seemed like they were playing all the songs at 90% of the speed of the originals. Just SLIGHTLY slowed down, for some reason.

Otherwise I am ridiculously happy with every single damn thing they did. (although I see what Hoka was talking about with William yelling "come on!" right before the choruses. He didn't do it too many times but it was kind of out of place for them to sing in such low harmonies and then you hear an upbeat "come on!" right before a chorus that isn't that upbeat either. But hey, the crowd was into it. They are trying to make bummer music a celebration and I understood it.)

bman

#624 Post by bman » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:56 pm

The funny thing is, you might even be like 75% accurate with your review. And, I think you're a riot usually. But your absolute hatred towards Perry, and your absolute racism towards his wife is really shameful and so amateur. :flip:

creep
Site Admin

#625 Post by creep » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:03 pm

:noclue: i thought his review was pretty fair. perry doesn't put much effort in a lot of songs lately. he wasn't being overly critical.