Rockstar Energy Uproar Tour

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Tyler Durden

Re: Rockstar Energy Uproar Tour

#226 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:25 am

tvrec wrote:Apparently a hair cut:
http://davenavarro6767.tumblr.com/post/58206645288

Drastic measures for dire times.

:lol: I stand corrected. Is the bull ring new?

JOEinPHX

#227 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:38 am

Jammyshill wrote:I can smell the dubstep from here.
That's not so much a Skrillex haircut as a woman's haircut.

Carah from Shiny Toy Guns has been rocking that same 'do for over a year:

Tyler Durden

#228 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:41 am

Has everyone from Rhianna to Miley Cyrus had this hairdo over the past couple of years?

Warped

#229 Post by Warped » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:03 am

Artemis wrote:The cut looks good. Dave looks younger with the shorter do.
True, i liked the short hair in the L.A. song video.

Jammyshill

#230 Post by Jammyshill » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:12 am

He's a good looking guy, so will get away with a lot of things. However, the haircut is that of a 16 year old Emo, a 25 year old Dubstep artist, or a 46 year old twat.

In my opinion. Still like the guy though.

Japhy

#231 Post by Japhy » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:41 am

1% is a damn good start. The next step is to have 2 "retired" songs in the one set - if you had 1% and then, say, Obvious a couple of songs later, most of us would be pretty stoked.

As we've all said a billion times... it's. not. that. hard.

JOEinPHX

#232 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:15 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:Has everyone from Rhianna to Miley Cyrus had this hairdo over the past couple of years?
Ellie Goulding too.

Matz

#233 Post by Matz » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:17 pm

Jammyshill wrote:He's a good looking guy, so will get away with a lot of things. However, the haircut is that of a 16 year old Emo, a 25 year old Dubstep artist, or a 46 year old twat.

In my opinion. Still like the guy though.
I agree, I think it's an odd choice at his age. I vote for Relapse or Chili peppers hair

JOEinPHX

#234 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:18 pm

Japhy wrote:1% is a damn good start. The next step is to have 2 "retired" songs in the one set - if you had 1% and then, say, Obvious a couple of songs later, most of us would be pretty stoked.

orrrrrrr since it's the 25 year anniversary on August 23, maybe they could play Nothing's Shocking from start to finish.

They have 9 days to get it together, it's a Friday night, and they have a show in Indiana. Let's see what happens...

Tyler Durden

#235 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:31 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
Japhy wrote:1% is a damn good start. The next step is to have 2 "retired" songs in the one set - if you had 1% and then, say, Obvious a couple of songs later, most of us would be pretty stoked.

orrrrrrr since it's the 25 year anniversary on August 23, maybe they could play Nothing's Shocking from start to finish.

They have 9 days to get it together, it's a Friday night, and they have a show in Indiana. Let's see what happens...
I'd buy Eric Avery a plane ticket for that.

Japhy

#236 Post by Japhy » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:53 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:

If only they were even aware of that. More chance of them being like, "it's friday... let's give them what they want...": cue BCS.

Tyler Durden

#237 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:46 pm

Japhy wrote:
If only they were even aware of that. More chance of them being like, "it's friday... let's give them what they want...": cue BCS.
"And break out the Dobel!" :drink:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#238 Post by Hokahey » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:00 pm

I like it. Much better than he's looked recently.

trevor ayer

#239 Post by trevor ayer » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:24 pm

I was at the show last night. It was really good. Perry was singing good and the crowd was really fueling the performance. 1 % was awesome and I almost felt like I was seeing the old Jane's Addiction for a bit. I didn't mind Underground or Another Soulmate. Ted and 3 Days were pretty great of course, as were the other classics. I am officially not a fan of Cheney on bass now. Even tho Ted was awesome, Cheney did not stay true to the bassline. Neither did flea, but whatever, it still is a bit annoying. I don't quite understand the swings at the beginning of the show. They don't seem to move. Plus etty is up there trying to sing while not falling to her death in her oversized gown. Poor girl. Jane's was definitely the best band on the bill. I caught Coheed and they are kinda like emo pop for teenagers. Alice in Chains was OK but that's it. I dug Them Bones. They have a bit of a rut in their sound and it gets old after a bit. I didn't care for Dave's guitar sound. It was a bit "woody" and kinda too loud, unlike the old days when it was warm fat and mixed under a bit. Of course they used to have a good bass player to carry the band. At times it seemed as tho Dave was reteaching Chris some of the parts. Like Dave played the bass hook that goes under the Stop heavy slow riff. Once Chris caught on Dave went back to his textural biz as usual. All in all great show. A bit too short. Still felt like the band and audience were all really into it last night. Except Chris, who kinda seemed like he kinda sleepy. They teased Aint No Right, right before 1 %. Even the classic overplayed songs had a little spark to them. Good show! I taped it too!

NYRexall

#240 Post by NYRexall » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:33 pm

Six7Six7 wrote: orrrrrrr since it's the 25 year anniversary on August 23, maybe they could play Nothing's Shocking from start to finish.

Doubtful, but I was wondering the same thing.

How cool would it be to see them play NS for its 25th anniversary, then close out the set with the second half of Ritual. I'd (possibly) be willing to forgive them for everything.

JOEinPHX

#241 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:21 pm

Really, all they need to do is jam out 2-3 songs a day, and get the lyrics set up on Perry's teleprompter.

Pandemonium

#242 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:42 pm

I find it funny they start playing their new single *after* it's been pulled from iTunes, Amazon, etc.

JOEinPHX

#243 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:45 pm

If no one knows the words, no one will know how poorly Perry is singing them.

Mescal

#244 Post by Mescal » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:31 am

trevor ayer wrote: I almost felt like I was seeing the old Jane's Addiction for a bit.
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

feathers mcgraw

#245 Post by feathers mcgraw » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:26 pm

Comcast Center Mansfield, MA:

Underground
Mountain Song
Just Because
Price I Pay
Ted, Just Admit It…
Been Caught Stealing
Three Days
Ocean Size
Stop!
Jane Says

Price I pay. Who saw that coming?! If this actually happened, I'm kind of really impressed that they're bringing out like, 1 deeper cut per show.

Tyler Durden

#246 Post by Tyler Durden » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:37 pm

feathers mcgraw wrote:Comcast Center Mansfield, MA:

Underground
Mountain Song
Just Because
Price I Pay
Ted, Just Admit It…
Been Caught Stealing
Three Days
Ocean Size
Stop!
Jane Says

Price I pay. Who saw that coming?! If this actually happened, I'm kind of really impressed that they're bringing out like, 1 deeper cut per show.
I don't get what the rationale is (at this point). :confused:

Juana

#247 Post by Juana » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:50 pm

feathers mcgraw wrote:Comcast Center Mansfield, MA:

Underground
Mountain Song
Just Because
Price I Pay
Ted, Just Admit It…
Been Caught Stealing
Three Days
Ocean Size
Stop!
Jane Says

Lose Just Because and keep 1% from the other set list we saw and I wouldn't mind this set but instead of opening with Underground, use Beach into Mt Song then into Underground.. my encore wouldn't have been Jane Says though that would have been in the middle.. would have closed with 3 Days.

Japhy

#248 Post by Japhy » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:05 pm

I love playing set-list bingo! Pretty much agree with Juana on this one mind. Also agree with Feathers - pretty stoked to see a different song up there and I never minded Price I Pay at all. At least they're "mixing it up" (using that term in it's loosest sense). Dave must be pumped :lol:

nausearockpig

#249 Post by nausearockpig » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:08 pm

Last night I was watching a Dark Matter where Oliver Peck was a guest and they had a can of RockStar Energy drink on the desk/table with the label facing to the camera. I remember Oliver either took a sip from the can (he had a tumbler filled with that stuff he was drinking from) or just picked it up and put it back down but the label definitely faced the camera straight on after he put it back on the table... Coincidence or product placement?

NYRexall

#250 Post by NYRexall » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:43 pm

I commend them for throwing in Price I Pay. At the same time, I think they're trolling us. Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll throw 'True Nature' or 'To Match The Sun' in there, too :noclue: