Jane's NYC show at Terminal 5 on TV

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
tvrec

Jane's NYC show at Terminal 5 on TV

#1 Post by tvrec » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:45 pm

Looks like the 7/25/11 show is to air next weekend on Palladia. It's not in my normal bundle of Directv. It is on a free trial right now (10/10-10/17), but it looks like I won't be Tivoing it. Anyone?

creep
Site Admin

Re: Jane's NYC show at Terminal 5 on TV

#2 Post by creep » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:25 pm

i just got att&t uverse and i have that channel. i will try to capture it if it's not too much trouble. :noclue:

JOEinPHX

#3 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:12 pm

God even the preview sounds awful. Great, now the rest of the world is going to know what Perry sounds like now. :lol:

kv

#4 Post by kv » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:08 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:God even the preview sounds awful.

brian817

#5 Post by brian817 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:27 pm

This channel is buried on Charter with all the other HD channels. I have it and have watched some stuff they show. I'll dvr this Jane's set, but doubt I'll watch it more than once. That promo isn't as bad as I anticipated, but Jane Says sounded awful.

Kajicat

#6 Post by Kajicat » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:09 pm

Sweet! Will be watching this.

tubro

#7 Post by tubro » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:18 pm

most bizarre jane's show i've ever attended. basically one big cell phone commercial. but it was easy to get in and uncrowded on the floor and the douchey poseurs cleared out from the front when jane's played. they had arena lighting that looked crazy cool from very close up.
as for their performance, except for IF, it was pretty much standard for these days. they broke no new ground but rocked hard and finished very strong. IF was a weird joke though. seemed like the whole thing was on tape and it was all odd and choreographed plus, when entering the show thru a big inflated cell phone, it was playing over and over, as it was during the leadup.
i think everyone there who's a old time fan had fun and a few laughs. it was certainly worth what we paid for it.

i may watch it. may not. it seems more fun as a strange memory.

bman

#8 Post by bman » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:43 am

I would say the Terminal 5 show was the least favorite of all the 2011/2012 shows I've seen. It was strange. Too bright not loud enough. Too corporate etc.

Pandemonium

#9 Post by Pandemonium » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:34 pm

Watched it today on Palladia HD. Some good points, some bad points. Perry's pre-song bit before Jane Says was pretty embarrassing. Really brought home how lame JS sounds with the pre-recorded drum track. I liked Dave's little intro to "Stop." It's funny, my wife comes in the living room and says "who's that, the singer sounds awful" I sez "this is one of the bands I've been seeing almost every year since we've met, lol."

farrellgirl99

#10 Post by farrellgirl99 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:19 pm

Didn't know where to put this but since it's about Terminal 5...

Just got an email that Janes is playing terminal 5 again december 29th. tickets are $60. dont know if i will go. this would be my 3rd time seeing them on this tour alone...not sure if its worth it when terminal doesnt have the greatest sound and itll be the same setlist.

creep
Site Admin

#11 Post by creep » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:31 pm

farrellgirl99 wrote:Didn't know where to put this but since it's about Terminal 5...

Just got an email that Janes is playing terminal 5 again december 29th. tickets are $60. dont know if i will go. this would be my 3rd time seeing them on this tour alone...not sure if its worth it when terminal doesnt have the greatest sound and itll be the same setlist.
:noclue: aren't they kind of overdoing it this tour?

they played three times within two hours of me in the past few months. they have played a bunch of ny area shows too.

farrellgirl99

#12 Post by farrellgirl99 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:34 pm

creep wrote:
farrellgirl99 wrote:Didn't know where to put this but since it's about Terminal 5...

they played three times within two hours of me in the past few months. they have played a bunch of ny area shows too.
yeah i think so. maybe ill wait and see if it drops on stubhub to something crazy cheap the week before.

counting the irving plaza shows last october, this would be the 4th nyc stint in a year. they are milking it.

creep
Site Admin

#13 Post by creep » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:51 pm

farrellgirl99 wrote:
creep wrote:

yeah i think so. maybe ill wait and see if it drops on stubhub to something crazy cheap the week before.

counting the irving plaza shows last october, this would be the 4th nyc stint in a year. they are milking it.
which is weird because historically they have been a pretty lazy band

Pandemonium

#14 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:10 pm

They are also doing House Of Blues in Miami on NYE. Kind of a step down from the almost-vacation high priced Aspen NYE gigs.

creep
Site Admin

#15 Post by creep » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:19 pm

Pandemonium wrote:They are also doing House Of Blues in Miami on NYE. Kind of a step down from the almost-vacation high priced Aspen NYE gigs.
atlantic city not miami

tickets are cheap for a nye show

Monday 12/31/2012
Doors: 09:00 PM
Show: 10:00 PM
Prices:
$65.00 - General Admission Standing
$75.00 - Early Entry General Admission
$95.00 - Balcony Reserved Seating

they are playing some festival in miami on 12/8

trevor ayer

#16 Post by trevor ayer » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:41 am

prolly cuz their crappy album tanked so they are pressured to tour and tour and tour .. same thing happened with ns but that was to break a good record as opposed to attempted recouping on heavy advertising losses on a really bad record that is never gonna ever sell another copy ever

Hokahey
Site Admin

#17 Post by Hokahey » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:23 am

I'd love to see this tour again. They sold out St. Louis very quickly. Hopefully they add another show, but I doubt it.

tvrec

#18 Post by tvrec » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:48 am

Money is in touring, not album sales these days. I'm pretty sure it's been discussed here in relation to other bands at some point. I can't blame them for playing too many shows.

I'm just waiting for the day that they start doing the nothing-but-cash-grab shows that seem to be the thing these days, a la Peter Murphy (see "Miracula" in LA the same night as the JA show this weekend):
For 2500$ you and a guest will be feted with dinner and drinks with the band in an intimate Hollywood setting. The night will begin with Jane's Addiction playing its groundbreaking album Nothing's Shocking in its entirety as original sequenced on this historic release. The band will then host a series of satellite parties with each of the members meeting with small groups of people with an opportunity for photos and autographs. Reconvening in the garden under the stars, the band will then play Ritual de lo Habitual from start to finish with special guest appearances. Space is limited to 150 people. Click here to register: perryspaypal