EPIC Jane's photos from '91 (by Chris Cuffaro)

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects

Matz

Re: EPIC Jane's photos from '91 (by Chris Cuffaro)

#2 Post by Matz » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:42 pm

beautiful, I'd completely forgotten about Dave's NS guitar. He should use it live occasionally if he still owns it or let me have it

lollapaloser

#3 Post by lollapaloser » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:50 pm

Nice!

kv

#4 Post by kv » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:40 pm

Matz wrote:beautiful, I'd completely forgotten about Dave's NS guitar. He should use it live occasionally if he still owns it or let me have it
if memory serves me correct he still owns it

SR

#5 Post by SR » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:59 am

kv wrote:
Matz wrote:beautiful, I'd completely forgotten about Dave's NS guitar. He should use it live occasionally if he still owns it or let me have it
if memory serves me correct he still owns it
Really, I thought it was stolen.

Romeo

#6 Post by Romeo » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:34 am

I think that's the photo someone asked Dave on twitter if he still had that guitar and I think he responded that he gave all that gear away and wished he still had it

thoreau

#7 Post by thoreau » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:27 am

Those are some great photos. I like the full stage shots especially.

kv

#8 Post by kv » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:19 pm

that was a great show it was the last LA jane's show before lolla...ie their last janes only show...they sold out 4? nights at universal amp....the first 3 nights were short sets nothing special and then the last night they went off...were playing on ice chests and it felt like the end of jane's...you could feel they were done as a band....so much so i didn't go to lolla...i thought that was the last show i would ever see them...and to top it off nin opened...one of my all time fav shows of any band...and this is what the set list was...i wonder if they ever had a better one?...damn..where is my time machine?

Up The Beach
Whores
Standing In The Shower... Thinking
No One's Leaving
Ain't No Right
Three Days
Bobhaus
Pigs In Zen
Been Caught Stealing
Then She Did...
Mountain Song
Stop!
Of Course
Ocean Size
Jane Says
Chip Away

JOEinPHX

#9 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:53 pm

kv wrote:that was a great show it was the last LA jane's show before lolla...ie their last janes only show...they sold out 4? nights at universal amp....the first 3 nights were short sets nothing special and then the last night they went off...were playing on ice chests and it felt like the end of jane's...you could feel they were done as a band....so much so i didn't go to lolla...i thought that was the last show i would ever see them...and to top it off nin opened...one of my all time fav shows of any band...and this is what the set list was...i wonder if they ever had a better one?...damn..where is my time machine?

Up The Beach
Whores
Standing In The Shower... Thinking
No One's Leaving
Ain't No Right
Three Days
Bobhaus
Pigs In Zen
Been Caught Stealing
Then She Did...
Mountain Song
Stop!
Of Course
Ocean Size
Jane Says
Chip Away
Damn, that setlist is crazy.

They haven't played anything like that in like... at least 2 weeks.

:lol:

kv

#10 Post by kv » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:34 pm

i almost didn't get to go...had a friend who bought a bunch of tickets for that night who said "i got your ticket" then 2 days before the show he didn't have one for me :mad:
so i try to see who wanted to spend money and scalp/broker some...nobody was down so i grabbed one of my best friends and bought two of the best seats i could afford and took him for free....still meet up with my other friend who had my tickets and their crew...their seats blew thy were up top i was dead center like row 10 from the pit lol.....soooo glad he fucked me over...the money is long gone but the memory will last forever...and my buddy i took still gives me mad props for handing him that ticket for free (was his first jane's show)

kv

#11 Post by kv » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:04 pm

btw these were posted on mikes site a bit back as being dated 2/4/91 but he just picked out the pics from that date...these are from like 4-5 shows but most of them are from the 4 night stand in LA ( along with alt, sd and hawaii)

brian817

#12 Post by brian817 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:25 pm

Romeo wrote:I think that's the photo someone asked Dave on twitter if he still had that guitar and I think he responded that he gave all that gear away and wished he still had it
It was Mike from ja.org who asked Dave about the guitar.

Dave should still have the NS guitar in storage. He had it in fall of '97 for the Guitar World shoot with Flea for the Relapse article, though he never played it live then, or since. That's the last time it's been seen that I'm aware of.

The gear that Dave "gave away" was at the first Lolla show in '91 in AZ at the end of their set when he destroyed his gold Starfield Cabriolet guitar that was his main guitar during shows in '90 and '91, and then threw it into the crowd. He also threw his blue Ibanez RG570 into the crowd. This was the guitar he played in the Stop!/Mt. Baldy footage and in Gift! Ice-T claims he sent his guys into the crowd to recover the gear. A guy posted photos of the broken Starfield guitar on Xiola a few years ago.

This is when Dave switched to playing PRS guitars (because he had to) and someone hooked him up with the blue PRS he played the rest of the Lolla dates and at the final show in Hawaii 9-26-91.

JOEinPHX

#13 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:26 pm

Didn't Dave just play the NS guitar on one of his ManiaTV things a few years ago?

I am pretty sure he has said that it's the only one he ever kept.

kv

#14 Post by kv » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:31 pm

thats what i always heard...he's always had that