Duff Talks About His Stint In Janes

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Pandemonium

Duff Talks About His Stint In Janes

#1 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:03 am

http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/features ... ff-McKagan

The relevant part:

Faster Louder: Why did you really leave JANE'S ADDICTION? At the time you cited "musical differences."

Duff: I didn't actually say that. I never did the "musical differences" thing, because I don't think it was. It was more to service that band … for a minute. And I've known those guys for a long time, and I got to play a couple of gigs with them, and help them write some songs. They were back on their own feet, and it's weird for me, a guy who's always started his own bands, it's kinda hard to come into a band with a 20-plus year history and try and fit in. They were really trying to make me feel like I fit in, but I did my service and I knew when it was time to say, "I'm good. Are you guys good? I'm good." It wasn't musical differences at all, it was just an unexplainable thing.

Faster Louder: What was the most embarrassing part about being involved in Married to Rock?

Duff: The whole thing. But you know what? My wife has been there for me through a lot of shit. She got the opportunity to do that show, and I was like, “How much do you want me in the fuckin’ show?” cause I live with three girls, and it was very present in our house. I fuckin’ hate it, well I don’t hate anything … It’s just not my thing. But I love my wife, and she was excited about doing it. So I don’t think I was really embarrassed, but they wanted me to do all kinds of stuff that wasn’t me, like her and I getting in a fake fight. They were like, “Get in a fake fight about finding a new house”, and I was like, “That is such fuckin bullshit, I won’t do it.” Marriage is hard enough without getting in a fake fight on TV, you know? And I couldn’t fake fight, I couldn’t do it. But the girls got to wear all fancy clothes and we got the makeup people and stuff so that made them happy for a while.

SR

Re: Duff Talks About His Stint In Janes

#2 Post by SR » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:51 am

Duff's always seemed like a charitable bloke.

creep
Site Admin

#3 Post by creep » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:13 pm

wow what a shock....married to rock was staged. that was the most unrealistic reality show ever.

Romeo

#4 Post by Romeo » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:59 pm

WHAT?? you mean reality TV isn't real???? Shocker!! :lolol:

So that whole BFF of Perry's hitting on Etty was all made up :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Pandemonium

#5 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:34 pm

Heh, so the new celebrity thing to placate your woman isn't to buy expensive clothes, jewelry or exotic vacations, but to let her do a reality tv show.

Romeo

#6 Post by Romeo » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:43 pm

Just chew...

Leto

#7 Post by Leto » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:02 pm

Not really a fan of Duff's musical output since Appetite but the guy seems real standup.

Lokus

#8 Post by Lokus » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:20 am

I respect him for allowing himself to make brief cameos in that show for his wife, but drawing the line at the real bullshit aspects.

nausearockpig

#9 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:21 am

He came across pretty cool in his book. I'd buy him a beer.

Essence_Smith

#10 Post by Essence_Smith » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:09 am

nausearockpig wrote:He came across pretty cool in his book. I'd buy him a beer.
:essence:
Duff can't drink...his appendix burst one year because of his alcoholism...if I read it right another drink could kill him...

Romeo

#11 Post by Romeo » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:57 am

not his appendix, his pancreas! :yikes:
He was very close to death.

Essence_Smith

#12 Post by Essence_Smith » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:12 am

Romeo wrote:not his appendix, his pancreas! :yikes:
He was very close to death.
I meant to google to fact check myself, but lunch was calling... :hehe:

Yeah a near death experience that put things in perspective for Duff for sure...I still remember Stuttering John from Howard Stern running up to a drunken Duff years ago and asking him if he was a jew to which Duff replied "huh?...FUCK YOU HOWARD"... :lol: