new date

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
bman

new date

#1 Post by bman » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:51 am

KRock in LA will be announcing a very special LA date shortly, as Per Dave. Gotta be Halloween right?

creep
Site Admin

Re: new date

#2 Post by creep » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:21 pm

it was announced yesterday. 10/27 wiltern.

presale at ja.com

$78.20 pit
$55.70 floor

bman

#3 Post by bman » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:27 pm

How is that Venue?

tvrec

#4 Post by tvrec » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:38 pm

Just saw the twitter thing today. Logged in to the site and the pre-sale is already sold out for both the pit and the GA tickets. Supposedly a KROQ presale tomorrow, followed by general on-sale on Friday.

Update: I have the Kroq code. PM for details.

Ticketmaster doesn't appear to distinguish between floor and pit, so who knows if pit tickets are available any longer at all. It would have been nice if ja.com sent out an email. That site gets updates so infrequently I hardly ever look at it.

creep
Site Admin

#5 Post by creep » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:02 pm

tvrec wrote: Ticketmaster doesn't appear to distinguish between floor and pit, so who knows if pit tickets are available any longer at all. It would have been nice if ja.com sent out an email. That site gets updates so infrequently I hardly ever look at it.
they put up a facebook message. no twitter or email. something must have happened because they were doing a good job at promoting the band now hardly anything. that is sort of how this band goes though. dave was talking shit about the current tour promotion.

sinep

#6 Post by sinep » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:22 pm

dave was on kevin and bean this morning.

he was saying everything was good with jane's addiction, they're still planning on doing shit together.
he said he was visiting ny. nothing about moving there.
solo album: it's in his head, so i doubt it'll be released anytime soon if at all. 1 album of like guitar music 1 album of like song writer stuff.

kv

#7 Post by kv » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:10 pm

bman wrote:How is that Venue?
it's small, holds under 2500...hands down one of the best venues in LA and where janes had their 02 ny eve show at

100% refurbished/restored art deco building from the 30's....it's a gem...with decent sound

JOEinPHX

#8 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:35 pm

tvrec wrote:It would have been nice if ja.com sent out an email. That site gets updates so infrequently I hardly ever look at it.

They should hire handsome mike to keep it updated.

Juana

#9 Post by Juana » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:40 pm

kv wrote:
bman wrote:How is that Venue?
it's small, holds under 2500...hands down one of the best venues in LA and where janes had their 02 ny eve show at

100% refurbished/restored art deco building from the 30's....it's a gem...with decent sound

Yeah that NYE show was pretty rad one of my faves that I have seen them

kv

#10 Post by kv » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:47 pm

it's funny because it made me not wanna see jane's anymore lol....and aside from a club show with eric...i haven't
(also the last night i did blow...which means i haven't done anything hard in 10 years wtf? :sui: )

Pandemonium

#11 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:42 pm

I can echo KV's comments about The Wiltern - great place to see a show, probably my favorite place in LA at least for the last 10+ years. Usually excellent sound, really nice vibe, excellent tiered floor layout so even if you're midway back on the floor, your view is still pretty unobstructed (unless you're really short). I've seen probably about 20+ shows there since the mid 90's and I've never had a bad experience there. I would add that the Hollywood Palladium is probably the only similar type of LA area venue that has a better, more high energy crowd (which is why I thought Janes would book that place) but the Palladium sound is vastly inferior these days.

Regarding whatever the pit situation is for this show, usually it's first come first served to get pit access. The first 200 or so people in the door who have GA floor tixs who go straight to the front pit entrance get wristbanded and get unlimited in/out pit access. Generally if you get in line around 6:30 about 1 1/2 hours before doors open, it's almost a certainty you can get into the pit. However, a couple shows I've seen there the last few years and this one may be another one have had separate pit tickets like fanclub or pricey VIP tix so ymmv.

I also agree with KV about the '02 Janes NYE show at The Wiltern. While it was nice hearing 3(I think) new songs for the first time off the upcoming Strays album, I was blown away how much of a stick in the mud Chris was on bass and they basically took a long break in the middle of the set at midnight to bring their women onstage for the NYE countdown that destroyed whatever momentum the show had. I didn't bother seeing them again until the Eric reunion LA club gigs.

BTW, nice job w/the official site letting members know of the pre-sale. But I guess that's to be expected considering every tour I have to re-register as they seem to clean out the membership every year or two.

tvrec

#12 Post by tvrec » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:51 pm

Pandemonium wrote: Regarding whatever the pit situation is for this show, usually it's first come first served to get pit access. The first 200 or so people in the door who have GA floor tixs who go straight to the front pit entrance get wristbanded and get unlimited in/out pit access. Generally if you get in line around 6:30 about 1 1/2 hours before doors open, it's almost a certainty you can get into the pit. However, a couple shows I've seen there the last few years and this one may be another one have had separate pit tickets like fanclub or pricey VIP tix so ymmv.

BTW, nice job w/the official site letting members know of the pre-sale. But I guess that's to be expected considering every tour I have to re-register as they seem to clean out the membership every year or two.
The only reason I am thinking that the latter situation may be the case on pit seats is that the fan club pre-sale differentiated by pit and GA floor, whereas ticketmaster appears to differentiate between GA floor and seated balconies. The info has since been removed from ja.com altogether so you cannot even see that a presale happened and sold-out any longer. I know I have had to re-register on that site twice myself, but I was able to log in this afternoon, probably around 1 or so, with my standing registration from two years ago (according to my profile there, anyway)--so I don't think a lack of an email had anything to do with member registration, at least directly. They just didn't do it for whatever reasons.

Essence_Smith

#13 Post by Essence_Smith » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:22 am

kv wrote:(also the last night i did blow...which means i haven't done anything hard in 10 years wtf? :sui: )
You haven't missed much (congrats lol)... :wink:

Pandemonium

#14 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:52 pm

Very surprised this show already appears close to being sold out. No GA Floors left and only crappy last 10 rows in the balcony available.

2nd night gonna be added?