A Casey book?

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
CaseyContrarian

A Casey book?

#1 Post by CaseyContrarian » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:25 pm

Looks like a collaborative autobiography. Here's the Tumblr for the project:

http://lonelygirldiaries.tumblr.com/

As Casey says on her FB, "with your love and support, we can do this."

Not sure who the person documenting is... any ideas? Haven't seen Sonny in a while. :bigrin:

Forgive me if this has already been reported; it's news to me.

JOEinPHX

Re: A Casey book?

#2 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:54 am

Looking forward to this.

Tyler Durden

#3 Post by Tyler Durden » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:30 pm

CaseyContrarian wrote:Looks like a collaborative autobiography. Here's the Tumblr for the project:

http://lonelygirldiaries.tumblr.com/

As Casey says on her FB, "with your love and support, we can do this."

Not sure who the person documenting is... any ideas? Haven't seen Sonny in a while. :bigrin:

Forgive me if this has already been reported; it's news to me.
It's a woman named Sofia who is writing it with her. She's an American, living in New Zealand. I talked to Casey about it the other night. Knowing what I know about her, I'm more interested in reading about her life after Jane's/Perry.

bman

#4 Post by bman » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:04 pm

It's gotta be better than Whores! or Saga of a Hypester!

creep
Site Admin

#5 Post by creep » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:39 pm

how can someone not like whores? i think it's great. :noclue:

Tyler Durden

#6 Post by Tyler Durden » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:39 pm

creep wrote:how can someone not like whores? i think it's great. :noclue:
I think Whores is great as well; especially the first 2/3s.

blackula

#7 Post by blackula » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:41 pm

bman wrote:It's gotta be better than Whores! or Saga of a Hypester!
I thought Whores was great. Saga of a Hypester, I have to agree, was a piece of shit. Besides for the two books already mentioned, I guess Rockstar Comic's Jane's issue, Soul Kiss, Three Days, to an extent Gift, and Eric's youtube Sonny interview round out Jane's history. A career spanning, definative documentary would be amazing. Something like End of the Century. A book about Casey is cool too.

JOEinPHX

#8 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:49 pm

blackula wrote: A career spanning, definative documentary would be amazing.
Perry would never sign off on allowing Eric to speak his mind.

It would be a 100% ass-kissing mocumentary starring all of Perry's friends talking about how amazing he is.

No Eric, No Martyn, but you'd probably see Ashton Kutcher and Sharon Stone talking about the first time they heard those dogs barking.

Enjoy Soul Kiss and Gift. Anything you get now will be pure hollywood bullshit in line with an E! Kardashian special.

creep
Site Admin

#9 Post by creep » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:55 pm

dave did mention that he had some stuff to finish with the guys that were shooting the documentary of the current tour so i guess you can expect some sort of dvd from this tour if anyone cares.

elportosurfer9

#10 Post by elportosurfer9 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:58 pm

I would love to read Casey's account on everything. I would especially like to see what this amzing, artistic women's life is like now and what she is up too. I am not on Facebook so i have no idea. I defientely think she would try and be fair and reccount her story, and relationship with everything. I am really looking forward to this. Casey rules's!!!

pentwaterzoo

#11 Post by pentwaterzoo » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:07 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
creep wrote:how can someone not like whores? i think it's great. :noclue:
I think Whores is great as well; especially the first 2/3s.
I liked Whores in that there wasn't any BS embellisbment by the writer. The context of the quotes made it hard to follow in some places. A set up of certain situations would have been nice, but any set ups could've been BS as well, so maybe the straight quotes were the best.

SofiaForever

#12 Post by SofiaForever » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:46 pm

Hi everybody,

This is Sofia, I'm on the job with Casey. It's so exciting to read your comments and encouragement. Casey's story has been a long time coming!

Please do check out our blog lonelygirldiaries.tumblr.com Here we will be documenting the journey of writing together, and we also would love submissions from folks who's lives have been touched by the Classic Girl :bigrin:

If you have any poems, stories or photos, please send them to lonelygirldiaries@gmail.com
We want to hear from you!

Love xo

Romeo

#13 Post by Romeo » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:29 am

Hi Sophia! :wave:

I really look forward to this. I :heart: Casey and I think HER story from her perspective would be far more interesting to read. Her whole life pre & post Janes.

bman

#14 Post by bman » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:36 am

The reason I didn't like Whores was b/c it was primarily a book that was just pieced together from old magazine articles etc. A Casey book would be great however.

Larry B.

#15 Post by Larry B. » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:49 am

When I was 17 (2001) I was a damn die-hard JA fan. I also felt pretty much in love with the girlfriend I had at the time. For our anniversary I bought the Classic Girl single from Amazon. I had never bought anything online before and due to some stupid things I did during the purchase I think it ended up costing me like $50. But my girlfriend loved it. It was her song and felt like our song. We also watched Gift together. I don't even remember how I got hold of the VHS in the first place. A couple of months ago I spoke to this ex girlfriend (we usually chat once or twice a year) and she told me she still has it. It's still one of the most meaningful gifts she has received :heart:

Classic Girl has definitely outgrown her, but it is still a very fond and sweet memory. There's no way I could ever 'dedicate it' to any other woman, mostly out of respect for my ex (or my memory of us) and because she's only 'classic' girl I've ever had a meaningful relationship with.

:wiggle:

CaseyContrarian

#16 Post by CaseyContrarian » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:11 am

Larry B. wrote:When I was 17 (2001) I was a damn die-hard JA fan. I also felt pretty much in love with the girlfriend I had at the time. For our anniversary I bought the Classic Girl single from Amazon. I had never bought anything online before and due to some stupid things I did during the purchase I think it ended up costing me like $50. But my girlfriend loved it. It was her song and felt like our song. We also watched Gift together. I don't even remember how I got hold of the VHS in the first place. A couple of months ago I spoke to this ex girlfriend (we usually chat once or twice a year) and she told me she still has it. It's still one of the most meaningful gifts she has received :heart:

Classic Girl has definitely outgrown her, but it is still a very fond and sweet memory. There's no way I could ever 'dedicate it' to any other woman, mostly out of respect for my ex (or my memory of us) and because she's only 'classic' girl I've ever had a meaningful relationship with.

:wiggle:
That is incredibly sweet. I have a similar story, but a decade prior, and with no Internet-facilitated mail order. (Also a different girl!)

How many Classic Girls are there, anyway? The luckiest of us get one or two a lifetime, I reckon.

Desri

#17 Post by Desri » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:37 pm

A well done book on/by Casey would be kick arse. Awesome news. :bigrin:

perkana

#18 Post by perkana » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:36 am

Larry you are such a sweetheart, stuff like this from you I love to read :heart:
I'm going to Catemaco before I die, but I guess I'm still waiting for someone to go with me (instead of my usual friend, sorry, I love her to death (and she's already been there), but I want to do this with a guy :hehe: )

SofiaForever

#19 Post by SofiaForever » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:46 pm

Hi guys & dolls!

Every few weeks we'll be adding to the Lonely Girl Diaries with fun facts and things you didn't know about the Classic Girl. Please check out our latest installment and share it with your friends on faceballs & twitter! http://lonelygirldiaries.tumblr.com Love xox Sofia :heart: :heart: :heart:

tvrec

#20 Post by tvrec » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:04 am

Thanks for drawing my attention back to the site. The small pearls there are intoxicating. Can't wait for more.

The video & note about Casey and Christian Stone of Campfire Girls is interesting--gave me a whole new way to listen to the track "Perry Farrell Ate My Girlfriend" from the band's split single with Lifter in 1995 (which, coincidentally, had Biff Sanders of Polar Bear (and many other projects) producing the Lifter track).

SR

#21 Post by SR » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:44 pm

I know it's been debated here before, with quotes to support etc, but I am still not convinced that Casey's poetry didn't find its way into JA songs. Her musings on fb, and elsewhere come far to close in scope and theme to be a coincidence. Her styleizing seems ubiquetous in Jane's.

It doesn't hurt my suspicions after reading PF's post ver.1 words. :noclue:

SofiaForever

#22 Post by SofiaForever » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:54 pm

Hi again folks,

Just wanted to let you all know that there's a new Lonely Girl Diaries post:

http://lonelygirldiaries.tumblr.com

Casey & I take you back to 1971 and Osmondmania :lol:

I got an hilarious comment on facebook from a lovely lady: "Lonely Girl Diaries is the most exciting thing since Ritual de lo Habitual". Love it!

If anyone would like to connect with me via bookface please friend request me at Facebook.com/alohamylover

Sofia xo

SofiaForever

Lonely Girl Diaries

#23 Post by SofiaForever » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:51 pm

Hi everybody,

Just letting you all know there's a new story on http://lonelygirldiaries.tumblr.com "The Lost Highway" starring Casey Niccoli and Jane Bainter.

Thanks and hope you enjoy :banana: