Here's to Perry....

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
blackcoffee

Here's to Perry....

#1 Post by blackcoffee » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:48 pm

So, I'm at a sales meeting and a colleague of mine and I usually take a moment and have a good shot of tequila...usually Don Julio Silver or something better if a bartender can steer us in the right direction. He actually brought along a bottle of Dobel because I told him how Perry is shilling for it in their commercials, and he knows I'm a fan of Jane's.

It is definitely sippable, but has a notable aftertaste/burn that I don't find in tequilas such as Don Julio. I'll drink it again, but it won't be my go-to....

SR

Re: Here's to Perry....

#2 Post by SR » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:13 pm

and he brought Pete in to do a PFP tune.....well. :lol:

Don Julio was part of a new generation of tequilas to be just that....smoother, less feisty, than their ancestors would normally have allowed for. They were the designer made spirits that flooded the market when tequila became the "in" drink back in the early 90's. It's a wonderful drink, no doubt. I usually chill my platas and serve up with lime.....again the chill diminishes that feistiness. That's when I drink... :lol: . That feisty nature is really a trademark characteristic of old world tequilas. The smoother tequilas are aged a bit on oak, much like many other spirits and wine.

I was the GM of a restaurant in NY that was the first to carry Don Julio in the country......just a fun fact. :blah: